Author Topic: Getting PASSIVE income from BitShares or BitAssets.....  (Read 6125 times)

Offline loszhor

• View Profile
  • BitShares: loszhor
    I would also like to hear of some useful procedures on how to be an effective "saver". When I first heard of BitShares the explanation was made that the system would be comprised of both "traders" and "savers" with unique benefits for each side. So far I only know of the dividends for holding BitAssets and from what I understand you still have to trade them to receive it. As asked, what are some ways to one could employ to save effectively. Is relying on the dividend yield on BitAssets the the sole way of doing so?

no need to trade. you only need to transfer the full amount to the same id in order to collect the yield

That is very convenient to learn. Thank you for the information. Do you know if having assets in a trade position affects my yield in any way? Such as, do I need to have my BitAssets sitting within my wallet not being used for any purpose for it to be eligible for dividends?

I'm not 100% sure but I think you have to hold the asset in your possession. that's not the case if you trade them, guessing here.

I will give it a test try to not have them in a trading position. Thank you for the help so far.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
    I would also like to hear of some useful procedures on how to be an effective "saver". When I first heard of BitShares the explanation was made that the system would be comprised of both "traders" and "savers" with unique benefits for each side. So far I only know of the dividends for holding BitAssets and from what I understand you still have to trade them to receive it. As asked, what are some ways to one could employ to save effectively. Is relying on the dividend yield on BitAssets the the sole way of doing so?

no need to trade. you only need to transfer the full amount to the same id in order to collect the yield

That is very convenient to learn. Thank you for the information. Do you know if having assets in a trade position affects my yield in any way? Such as, do I need to have my BitAssets sitting within my wallet not being used for any purpose for it to be eligible for dividends?

I'm not 100% sure but I think you have to hold the asset in your possession. that's not the case if you trade them, guessing here.

Offline loszhor

• View Profile

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

Offline loszhor

• View Profile

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Right, like a "Reinvest income if received" checkbox or something.
If checked, it would enable a <select> menu of sorts that lets you choose what you want the income, or yield, automatically invested into. This keeps our money moving, gets the market cap up, further secures the network and so on.
So..?
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Can I earn some kind of regular income NOW from bitshares or bitassets?
BitUSD Yield?

I've got bitassets now and am buying at every opportunity. The yield that the bitshares client shows me.. can i have that reinvested automatically somehow? like, take that yield earned and auto-buy some more bitshares or other bitassets? now that would be true income....

not at the moment. I collect Yield once a week for example

Hmm, that is actually a very good/pertinent post. Seems that unless we move the interest^H^H^H^H^H^H^H^Hyield every X months, then it is actually just interest, and not compound interest.

This should definitely be a feature, and it should be extremely easy to implement: at its simplest, the client would provide a dialog to ask how often to compound (ie, transfer to ourselves in order to trigger yield gains, if I understand it correctly).

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
BitUSD Yield?

I've got bitassets now and am buying at every opportunity. The yield that the bitshares client shows me.. can i have that reinvested automatically somehow? like, take that yield earned and auto-buy some more bitshares or other bitassets? now that would be true income....

ok, i'll try that today in the bts client- grab the yield earned and invest it back into bitshares again.
thanx! :)
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
BitUSD Yield?

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
BitUSD Yield?

www.PalmPay.chat

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
His income from his investments (passive income) is just about to exceed his monthly expenses. A very young guy nearing his financial retirement...
On a good day, my income exceeds my expenses. Does that mean I can retire, too?  :o

If you quit working and the income that your investments are generating (businesses, real estate, interest, dividends) is still greater than your expenses, then yes, you are financially retired.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!

BitUSD Yield?

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
His income from his investments (passive income) is just about to exceed his monthly expenses. A very young guy nearing his financial retirement...

On a good day, my income exceeds my expenses. Does that mean I can retire, too?  :o

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
This is a feature that we need to develop: providing margin trading in Bitshares.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Ok, so there's a guy "Jozzy" on TradingView(.com) that I've been comm with, he makes money every day on bitfinex. Here is the terms he uses to describe how he makes his money. His income from his investments (passive income) is just about to exceed his monthly expenses. A very young guy nearing his financial retirement...

"provide liquidity"
"return swaps"
"provide return swaps"
"provide liquidity to margin positions"

Jozzy - well, I provide liquidity to margin positions on Bitfinex. Current rate is 0.1% per day interest paid.

Jozzy referred me to this page to better explain how to do what he does, via bitfinex:
https://www.bitfinex.com/pages/features#swap

Can anyone direct me to a wiki page or forum thread that teaches me how to do the above with Bitshares and/or Bitassets??
Please and Thank You :)
 -ken

www.PalmPay.chat