Author Topic: What going on?  (Read 10651 times)

Tuck Fheman

Sweat not.  We have resolved the public relations issues.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Am I the only one buying up as much as I can on bter while they figure the wallet out?

No, you are not the only one!

Offline Riverhead

This is the Chinese community/whales taking over the project from Dan and the I3 crew. Btswildpig is one of their mouthpieces. I would expect an announcement from Dan and company some short time after the coveted 1.0 release, that they are leaving the project. This limited display of speech is the wind down period leading up to the purge so as to make it look like a natural progression. Good luck.

That is oddly specific.

Offline NewMine

• View Profile

Without trying to stir up a hornets nest, i would like to try and understand exactly what is going on with the project right now.

I have stopped investing despite the price because the lack of communication has me concerned. I dis see the PR thing, but what i dont understand is why there appears to be not communication and updates. I would like to see more updates, from a single source perhaps and a timeline of whats being worked on with expected delivery dates. What i see at the moment is silence (and there may be valid reasons) but that doesnt inspire confidence.

I want this to succeed, but i think from an outside perspective, we've gone from over communication to nothing. Please let us knows whats going on and what the road map is - what does the next 6 months hold from a dev perspective? This should be something you guys have out there to attract investment i would have thought.

M
This is the Chinese community/whales taking over the project from Dan and the I3 crew. Btswildpig is one of their mouthpieces. I would expect an announcement from Dan and company some short time after the coveted 1.0 release, that they are leaving the project. This limited display of speech is the wind down period leading up to the purge so as to make it look like a natural progression. Good luck.

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
2) Music will be traded on the Bitshares Exchange

How will this work :o
As a UIA, maybe.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

Offline abit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
    • Abit's Hive Blog
  • BitShares: abit
  • GitHub: abitmore
I've seen multiple updates from the core developers in different threads since the last week .
Need I dig that up ?

This one , placed a bounty for integration with certain lib for FC .
It could enhance the performance for the wallet .
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14745.msg191225

This one , bytemaster detailed his latest effort on the basic infrastructure of the BitShares system , namely FC lib .
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14854.msg192350#msg192350

This one , bytemaster mentioned he'll address a bug related to the market .
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14942.msg193453#msg193453

This one , major upgrade for the webwallet (brain wallet) , you can now easily backup and restore brain wallet on the web site .
It's also fully translated into Chinese , so it'll be good for Chinese promotion .
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14529.0
wallet.bitshares.org

Vikram said the enhanced user issued asset function will first go into Devshares , and need help to test once it does .
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11921.msg192909#msg192909

Also judging from Github commits , the developers are working hard , no matter they posted or not .
But 0.7.0 milestone is a pretty heavy duty , it contains many function needed by gateways and a overall fix for many issues that dated back a long time ago .
So it took longer than expected . Some of the issues there contains dozens of small issue , so it looks like it's just 2 left , but it still takes time .

I've seen multiple updates from the core developers in different threads since the last week .
Need I dig that up ?

This one , placed a bounty for integration with certain lib for FC .
It could enhance the performance for the wallet .
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14745.msg191225

This one , bytemaster detailed his latest effort on the basic infrastructure of the BitShares system , namely FC lib .
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14854.msg192350#msg192350

This one , bytemaster mentioned he'll address a bug related to the market .
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14942.msg193453#msg193453

This one , major upgrade for the webwallet (brain wallet) , you can now easily backup and restore brain wallet on the web site .
It's also fully translated into Chinese , so it'll be good for Chinese promotion .
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14529.0
wallet.bitshares.org

Vikram said the enhanced user issued asset function will first go into Devshares , and need help to test once it does .
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=11921.msg192909#msg192909

Also judging from Github commits , the developers are working hard , no matter they posted or not .
But 0.7.0 milestone is a pretty heavy duty , it contains many function needed by gateways and a overall fix for many issues that dated back a long time ago .
So it took longer than expected . Some of the issues there contains dozens of small issue , so it looks like it's just 2 left , but it still takes time .

appears to be not communication and updates
yep..... appears to be is the right word , because there are updates and actual progress on coding instead of mentioning the same progress over and over again with different people .

Then again , don't base your investment on the progress of development . The price would still be the same even if 1.0 version comes out tomorrow , or 1.0 comes 6 months later . If it's a bad time to buy economically , don't buy it even the development progress is good . If you have a feeling that the price is good , just buy it even you think the wallet is buggy . It didn't really matter , the price is not supported by the wallet itself .
Good job. Thanks for your hard work.
BitShares committee member: abit
BitShares witness: in.abit

TurkeyLeg

What's the difference between a coder and a coder with social skills?

A coder with social skills looks at YOUR shoes when he talks.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains

How will this work :o

Offline Riverhead

Am I the only one buying up as much as I can on bter while they figure the wallet out?

1) Github is humming with activity
3) If BTER is planning to pull a runner they have a really complicated strategy.

I like to buy when there is blood in the streets. Someone get me a snorkel :P.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Yes.  Edited for clarity.

Ah ok... I am wondering then when we will hear from that other person mentioned weeks ago when the whole PR shift took place.. or is that person involved in the nullstreet release and is only using that as their outlet?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Yes.  Edited for clarity.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline onceuponatime

There's a newsletter about to be released.

Most of the worries in this thread will disappear, the clouds will dissolve, and the sky will turn blue.

With apologies to Winston Churchill:

“Why, you may take the most steely-eyed geek, the most crafty investor or the most audacious marketeer, put them on a forum together - what do you get? The sum of their fears”

:)

Looking forward to it! Guess when it rains it pours cause Nullstreet will be released soon about the same time.

I think that he is probably referring to the Nullstreet newsletter about to be released.  ;D

Most of the worries in this thread will disappear, the clouds will dissolve, and the sky will turn blue.

“Why, you may take the most steely-eyed geek, the most crafty investor or the most audacious marketeer, put them on a forum together - what do you get? The sum of their fears”

Looking forward to it! Guess when it rains it pours cause Nullstreet will be released soon about the same time.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Need I dig that up ?

appears to be not communication and updates
yep..... appears to be is the right word , because there are updates and actual progress on coding instead of mentioning the same progress over and over again with different people .

Then again , don't base your investment on the progress of development . The price would still be the same even if 1.0 version comes out tomorrow , or 1.0 comes 6 months later . If it's a bad time to buy economically , don't buy it even the development progress is good . If you have a feeling that the price is good , just buy it even you think the wallet is buggy . It didn't really matter , the price is not supported by the wallet itself .

Dang btswildpig..  +5% for such an awesome detailed response. Be great if some of the folks following it actually read it.. OP did though... you are a great ambassador for BitShares and moments like this really show it.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

EDIT:  (The NullStreet Newsletter)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 11:32:56 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.