Author Topic: Suggestions/Questions/Criticism for our Website?  (Read 3553 times)

Offline JA

• View Profile
I guess i use this thread for updates.

We have now Beyondbitcoin.org as our domain.

I also added a link library where people can add websites that are useful to our community.
http://beyondbitcoin.org/useful-links/

Offline JA

• View Profile
I added vote buttons and the name of the delegates on the front page.

Small things like these can improve our service greatly, so if you have some ideas let me know. :)

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Fix the questions portion.. or just remove the link ?

Design is a definite improvement.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline robrigo

Offline JA

• View Profile
So i changed the design, is it better now?

Offline doyoubit

• View Profile
Some of the most used websites in the world use the KISS method for a reason,  it works. 

Google, Facebook, Youtube, Yahoo, Wikipedia and Amazon all in the top ten traffic sites on  http://www.alexa.com/topsites.

I find the site quite quite busy, needs to be easier to navigate and all text should be on white background
« Last Edit: March 17, 2015, 12:01:25 am by doyoubit »

Offline JA

• View Profile
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 09:51:41 pm by jabbajabba ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ »

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
I don't know how customisable it'll be seeing as it's a wordpress theme but the orange clashes quite a bit with the animated background - there's quite a lot going on, I'd try to simplify and freshen (not very specific advice sorry!)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

The orange menu colours are a bit odd with the blue.

I personally like the animated background... perhaps have it only run once instead of on a loop.. so people first come and go wow.. then after maybe 15 seconds it just goes static. Perhaps a compromise.

The colour contrast though of the orange menu like I said.. I understand it comes from the logo.. but it can be something else I think.. a grey scale might look more professional
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline gamey

• View Profile
Yea that style of page anmation doesn't really grab people like it might have in the past.

The orange color is too loud and just ugly.  Your colors clash to me, but I'm not a designer or know a thing about color theory.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline JA

• View Profile
Hi,
Nice work.

The animation in the background makes it hard to concentrate on the written content.
Colors (background) are good but could be better organized. For news related (like on the left) one color.
For other groups slightly different.

Current background color for news, subscribe, mumble... are too prominent and drive attention from the content in the middle. Probably better used only on the left.

This is just my humble opinion.
That is feedback i can use.Thank you.

yeah i will replace the background with a static one.
The news widget will be replaced with something way more interesting, hopefully soon.
I have to see how the new background looks to see what colors i can use for the sides.

Offline fundomatic

• View Profile
Hi,
Nice work.

The animation in the background makes it hard to concentrate on the written content.
Colors (background) are good but could be better organized. For news related (like on the left) one color.
For other groups slightly different.

Current background color for news, subscribe, mumble... are too prominent and drive attention from the content in the middle. Probably better used only on the left.

This is just my humble opinion.

Offline JA

• View Profile
Fell free to let us know what you want or don't want to see on our Website.
Doesn't matter which kind of feedback you want to give us. (As long as it is productive.  ;))