Author Topic: UIA fee will increase by 10x in v0.7  (Read 1407 times)

Offline Thom

I don't know if we really want to increase the cost by that much.

I think having them comparable to the cost of a domain name is reasonable.. now they are even less than that... but if market cap increases then the cost will go up with it.

Remember that assets (that are used) increase volume overall in bitshares and so there is ongoing benefit.

I do agree that something better could be done to prevent name hording.

100% in agreement with this. It seems counter-productive for adoption to raise the price. If the issue you're trying to prevent is name grabbing lets find a better solution.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I don't know if we really want to increase the cost by that much.

I think having them comparable to the cost of a domain name is reasonable.. now they are even less than that... but if market cap increases then the cost will go up with it.

Remember that assets (that are used) increase volume overall in bitshares and so there is ongoing benefit.

I do agree that something better could be done to prevent name hording.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
It was a suggestion I made back in Nov , 2014 .
People was registering good asset names like crazy with little cost , even some name looks like system assets .
So I suggested to raise the price just to prevent this kind of craziness .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline yellowecho

One BitShare costs $0.0088. Makes sense IMO
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline joele

• View Profile