Author Topic: When is the light wallet for windows?  (Read 2208 times)

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

sumantso

Sounds too risky. What is the timeline for a Windows light wallet? Its almost April.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Do I get to download/backup the wallet?
You will have to .. but it will be sufficient to just store the "brain key" securely

Can I delete my account on there after that?
All keys are stored locally .. so, not on the server ..
However, I am unaware of an 'easy' way to wipe the local storage space
@jcalfee: do you?

looks like if you delete the cache/cookie of your browser , the brain key will be wiped clean too .
Information copied straight from the web wallet risk reminder .
Anyone give that a try ?
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
You will have to .. but it will be sufficient to just store the "brain key" securely

All keys are stored locally .. so, not on the server ..
However, I am unaware of an 'easy' way to wipe the local storage space
@jcalfee: do you?

sumantso

I want to withdraw my Bter balance. When do we get the light wallet? Or at least a normal wallet which runs on my laptop?
http://wallet.bitshares.org

Erm... keep it safe, on an online wallet??

I know Dan was holding balance of some big investors. I doubt he will take the trouble to keep my small stash though.
That one is a javascript implementation of the wallet .. the funds are stored in a private key that is generated on your computer and never leaves your computer ..

just make sure to have a backup of the brain seed .. or backup seed... or what ever it's called now

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
I want to withdraw my Bter balance. When do we get the light wallet? Or at least a normal wallet which runs on my laptop?

I know Dan was holding balance of some big investors. I doubt he will take the trouble to keep my small stash though.
That one is a javascript implementation of the wallet .. the funds are stored in a private key that is generated on your computer and never leaves your computer ..

just make sure to have a backup of the brain seed .. or backup seed... or what ever it's called now

It's called brain key now .
It looks like a random sentence with weird words like
"GHIDK FNID  DFNKOGNV  FGNDK  FDNK  FEENK  DFNK   FDNK   WLKL DSKFD“

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

sumantso

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
If the wallet front is no luck ,  Maybe you can set up an account on Yunbi.com  , and use it to store for the time being ?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

sumantso