Author Topic: Reworking the wallet trading interface  (Read 22886 times)

Xeldal

:)

Yes please!! Love the black background. !!  +5%
I don't care for the layout though , as i mentioned in earlier posts.  But its still very good like you have it.
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14974.msg198033#msg198033
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=14974.msg198099#msg198099

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
Cool thing would be if someone would just fork the webwallet and focus on traders instead of an all-rounder ...

@cass: someone using your trading interface already? The one you design back then for Brian youknowhow??

Moonstone seems like its targeting the average user so I was thinking the internal exchange would be more focused on traders.  This should probably be discussed more often.  Who is the target user for the main client?

yup was thinking same! IMO Core wallet should be traders wallet …
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani
+5 @xeroc  ... It will be released after v1.0 so the big marketing push can start  :)

Sent from my ALCATEL ONE TOUCH 997D

Offline yellowecho

Cool thing would be if someone would just fork the webwallet and focus on traders instead of an all-rounder ...

@cass: someone using your trading interface already? The one you design back then for Brian youknowhow??

Moonstone seems like its targeting the average user so I was thinking the internal exchange would be more focused on traders.  This should probably be discussed more often.  Who is the target user for the main client?
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
It just keeps getting better and better +5%

Not sure about those fat buttons though.

Xeldal

Another idea.

Perhaps a popup from the exchange button could list the major currencies.  Or just list the big buttons at the top of featured markets
When clicked it takes you to the featured markets page where the featured markets would all be pairs of the asset you chose. 
Currently it is far too difficult to find the market your looking for.   

Or similar to how BTER does it, from this menu hovering over or clicking the base market, it list all the relevant markets in another popup menu.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
What's in your wallet?

The BitShares Decentralized Exchange
Smart currencies are just it's product,
A safe place to trade is its business.

« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 08:31:13 pm by Stan »
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline svk

I like non-modal confirmation because I short to myself and want to confirm both orders at once, but that's an edge use case.

That's a good point though, and it's something that would be hard to do currently with the new interface. I'll have to keep that in mind.
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
I like non-modal confirmation because I short to myself and want to confirm both orders at once, but that's an edge use case.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile

Offline svk

While we're making suggestions, could the GUI implement a modal popup for confirming/canceling new orders instead of having to do it in the OPEN BUY ORDERS section?  The current layout is less intuitive and occasionally I forget to confirm.

Also, I'd prefer if the order numbers were right-aligned with fixed decimals to better compare orders.

I moved the open orders to below the "Place order" box for that exact reason actually, I often did not see the confirm button because the open orders were hidden further down on the screen. A modal could indeed be another option to save some space.

The numbers are right aligned with fixed decimals already in my new layout, or is that not how you want it?
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline yellowecho

While we're making suggestions, could the GUI implement a modal popup for confirming/canceling new orders instead of having to do it in the OPEN BUY ORDERS section?  The current layout is less intuitive and occasionally I forget to confirm.

Also, I'd prefer if the order numbers were right-aligned with fixed decimals to better compare orders.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 09:44:51 pm by yellowecho »

Offline yellowecho

Heres another rough layout.

with this layout you could potentially make the right column and the left column popout drawers that you could push out of the way to really maximize the viewable chart.

The "order history" on the right could also be tabbed with "Your Order history"

The tabs on the top left are getting kind of cramped, there's probably a better way to do that.

Good suggestions and I really like this layout.  I was going to suggest the depth chart in that location but was worried about it looking too cramped but it looks good!