Author Topic: Change the base parameter of bts by all bts stockholder to avoid hard fork  (Read 4290 times)

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag
I don't know about changing potentially consensus breaking parameters like the block interval, but I agree that other parameters (like fees) should be dynamic.

Perhaps before requiring binding proposals it makes sense to use non-binding proposals to figure out stakeholder wishes and let the authenticity of the change come from a super majority of the delegates. So if more than 75% of delegates agree to a particular dynamic parameter change (for example, changing the asset registration fee or transaction fee) then the blockchain will accept the new parameter (no need to download new binaries compiled with a changed constant).

Offline BTSdac

• View Profile
  • BitShares: K1
I am not know much of detail of bts, I don`t if change the base parameter like block interval ,MIN tx fee,there must a hard fork,  I don`t know if it is available to change the base parameter of bts by all bts stockholder to avoid hard fork as follow process
1. everyone can create a base parameter vote by spending not little bts, like 5000bts, to avoid there are not many change proposal to increase the load of stockholder.
2.if this proposal can get 51% vote of all stockholder in period ,like 60 days. block change acc.to this result ,change the base parameter automatic.
Actually the different change of pow coin can been consider the base parameter change by imformation of blockchain.
so I think it is less risk by developing this function.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 05:51:04 pm by BTSdac »
github.com :pureland
BTS2.0 API :ws://139.196.37.179:8091
BTS2.0 API 数据源ws://139.196.37.179:8091