Author Topic: Are people really this ignorant of BitUSD?  (Read 4788 times)

Offline davidpbrown

One obvious useful task to put PR/marketing to, would be to contact all those central to blockchain tech development and suggest where BitShares is up to. Those people should be easy to find.. core devs of all the key projects etc. That would need to be done in a careful way that is not at all critical of others but a simple statement to pique their interest and perhaps also note a standing opportunity to work with BitShares, where that can be useful to all sides - perhaps there are devs with time to spare who might get drawn in. Such a statement could then be technical beyond the normal blurb. There must be devs out there looking for opportunities. Blatant selling re delegates perhaps would not go down well but a friendly handshake might work. Perhaps marketing can resolve the mailing list and bytemaster could be writing then to Sunny et al.

I expect there must be certain elements of many projects that could be made easier pooling experience, network stability might be one. Perhaps that's already happening behind the scenes but having seen other Bitcoin devs talk at the London conference, as if they are ignorant of BitShares, there might be a easy win to be had there educating them about BitShares.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
Yes, they are really all this ignorant of bitUSD.

If we get some big buy/sell walls out there like Cryptohedge was working on before the bter implosion, then we can get mentioned alongside Nubits as well.

Bitcoin has a much larger network effect for now, and the bitcoiners just ignore everything else.  We have to wake them up. :)

It'll happen naturally eventually - we just need to focus on the product and the adoption will follow! I used to be an avid Bitcoiner but have since been converted.
When Bitcoiners realise that they already have a decentralised exchange and come to terms with market pegs and gateways, Bitshares will become a very popular platform.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Yes, they are really all this ignorant of bitUSD.

If we get some big buy/sell walls out there like Cryptohedge was working on before the bter implosion, then we can get mentioned alongside Nubits as well.

Bitcoin has a much larger network effect for now, and the bitcoiners just ignore everything else.  We have to wake them up. :)
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline onceuponatime

Max Wright, the author of Bitshares101 and the host on bitshares.tv, has agreed to be a contact person for media contact/inquiries. You could forward his contact info to them:

max@bitshares.org
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 09:23:13 pm by onceuponatime »

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
How can they not know about BitShares, it has been sitting at the top of CMC for months. smh

Offline hadrian

• View Profile
  • BitShares: hadrian
Epicentre Bitcoin: EB65 – Adam Back & Greg Maxwell: Sidechains Unchained

Brian Fabian Crain says something like, "the idea of stable cryptocurrencies, it's very attractive but so far there are no implementations, although some people told me this nubits thing but I haven't looked into it"...

I know there are intricacies when it comes to the meaning of 'stable', but if nubits makes it onto people's radar, surely BitShares should!? It's so frustrating.

From 1h19m36s the subject went on to proof of stake. I'm not sure how DPOS fits in to what they were saying. Adam Back and Greg Maxwell seem to be of the opinion that there is no decently viable option around for proof of stake. Are they aware of DPOS I wonder?

They get some interesting people on the show/podcast. I was thinking of sending them some sort of message regarding BitShares.
Is there anyone here well placed to communicate with them? Or inclined to do so?

Their main sponsor seems to be ShapeShift, and they do a demo of ShapeShift during the episode. Maybe we could suggest they use BitUSD for something now that we're back on ShapeShift...
« Last Edit: March 16, 2015, 09:01:24 pm by hadrian »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads