Author Topic: Yunbi's two delegates back at the top  (Read 7329 times)

Offline milkmeat

• View Profile
  • BitShares: milkmeat
what is the developer's take from this accident?

How should we improve the client to prevent it from happening unintentionally again?
In case some exchange do it intentionally in the future, what is the best reaction plan for all stake holders?

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Thye mustve had an old slate.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
thanks yea i saw big down votes for myself and other delegates wonder what happened.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline pc

• View Profile
    • Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko?
  • BitShares: cyrano
I've contacted BTC38 , they did it by accident . They'll down vote them tomorrow
Good job!
Bitcoin - Perspektive oder Risiko? ISBN 978-3-8442-6568-2 http://bitcoin.quisquis.de

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
I've contacted BTC38 , they did it by accident . They'll down vote them tomorrow
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
Not sure its that big of a problem... the largest stake holders should have the greatest ability to elect the delegates they want.  It would suck for everyone if they decided to play against their clients and elect delegates that harm the ecosystem, but that would seem very difficult and expensive to do.  Once more people start voting, BTC38's impact won't matter that much.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
The vote is likely from btc38 who moved their cold wallet balance from one account to another.
They recently moved 160 million bts.
They probably left the default vote option as "vote random set of delegates" when doing the transfer.
Who can confirm with them and have them reset the votes?

I suggest we remove "vote randomly" from the client. Because it is doing no good but just messing up things.
By default it should be "vote for nobody".

Having vote and transfer in the same operation is confusing. I always fear that if I got a typo in voting then all my balance will go to an unknown account. So I do not update my vote often.

We have a big problem here if btc38, or any exchange, whether intentionally or unintentionally, has such power to vote errand delegates into top positions.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline milkmeat

• View Profile
  • BitShares: milkmeat
The vote is likely from btc38 who moved their cold wallet balance from one account to another.
They recently moved 160 million bts.
They probably left the default vote option as "vote random set of delegates" when doing the transfer.
Who can confirm with them and have them reset the votes?

I suggest we remove "vote randomly" from the client. Because it is doing no good but just messing up things.
By default it should be "vote for nobody".

Having vote and transfer in the same operation is confusing. I always fear that if I got a typo in voting then all my balance will go to an unknown account. So I do not update my vote often.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
If a delegate isnt producing blocks, then that is a problem that should be handled by active voters. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I guess this begs a good question.. at what point do 'dead' delegates get trimmed from the network?

There are parameters to registering them, but are there any parameters to removing them? Or possibly some kind of countdown for which at a certain time of being offline they are just removed from the network? I would suggest something like 1 month perhaps.

I think the vote counts are going up because of everyone moving their BTS out of the exchanges.

Maybe there can be something like a 5% or 10% reduction in their applied vote count for every 30 days of inactivity. Now, how do you define inactivity?

I would define inactivity as simply not being connected to the network... server down.. offline. If a delegate has not maintained a server for 30 days then that's a good indication they are not coming back I would say. Or their commit isn't where it needs to be.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Pheonike

I guess this begs a good question.. at what point do 'dead' delegates get trimmed from the network?

There are parameters to registering them, but are there any parameters to removing them? Or possibly some kind of countdown for which at a certain time of being offline they are just removed from the network? I would suggest something like 1 month perhaps.

I think the vote counts are going up because of everyone moving their BTS out of the exchanges.

Maybe there can be something like a 5% or 10% reduction in their applied vote count for every 30 days of inactivity. Now, how do you define inactivity?

Offline Ander

• View Profile
Here are the new delegates who got elected because of this new vote:
d1.yunbi  (100%)
d2.yunbi  (100%)
www.bts-hk  (100%)
btc38.com.crypto-exchange (3%)
btstools.digitalgaia (30%)
fund.bitsharesbreakout (100%)
paid-delegate-cutoff.misc.nikolai (1%)
btc38.com.btsx-exchange (3%)

(Aside from the yunbi votes, this looks totally fine to me.  The btc38 delegates are just 3% delegates.  The others are paid delegates that I'm voting for as well). 

Here are still-not-elected delegates that gained a lot of support in this vote:

blackwavelabs

(This is indicative that its based on an old slate).

All of the voted out delegates are 3% delegates, so not really any controversy there.

The following paid delegates are not being voted for by this stake, and thus lost some position, but are still elected:

stan.delegate.xeldal 100%
delegate-dev4.btsnow 100%
delegate-dev3.btsnow 100%
backbone.riverhead (just a 10%)
fuzzy.beyondbitcoin 100%
dev0.theoretical 100%
dev.nathanhourt.com 100%
dev.sidhujag 100%

Also a variety of 3% delegates went down positions. 

Looks like they downvoted half the dev team, and btsnow. 

Nothing seems malicious about this, it looks like a whale voting.  They need to be informed not to vote for yunbi and blackwave, aside from that they are choosing to vote for some reasonable paid delegates and not for other reasonable paid delegates, thats a choice that its their right to make.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Ander

• View Profile
10 BTS I say it's BM voting with an old slate

That might be true.

If it is, it means BM wasnt voting at all in the recent past, beacuse the total vote counts have gone up when this happened.

Offline fluxer555

• View Profile
10 BTS I say it's BM voting with an old slate