Author Topic: what should we do if price is control by exchange??  (Read 11024 times)

Tuck Fheman

if an exchanges chooses to manipulate its market so be it

can you please point us to the centralized exchange that doesn't?

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Paycoin is ahead of us again.

lol...
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline infovortice2013

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • BitShares en español
  • BitShares: traderx
its a lot of bts... but comparing with total 2.5k milions is ridiculous

im going out all exchanges, finish trading until v1.0 wallet is finished, the downtrend and i think are bots market makers not left make good trading to little ones
New Keyoteeid: 5rUhuLCDWUA2FStkKVRTWYEqY1mZhwpfVdRmYEvMRFRD1bqYAL
new08/21 id 5Sjf3LMuYPSeNnjLYXmAoHj5Z6TPCmwmfXD6XwDmg27dwfQ

Offline Ander

• View Profile
So they have 157 million in cold wallet.  Some more in hot wallet (but not 100M).

Hmmm...

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline vikram

btc38 have used a new public account to save cold balance: btc38-public-for-bts-cold
there is only 40 million BTS at this address, btc38 say they have transfer 150 million BTS, but the balance should be  250 million as they said.
Code: [Select]
default (unlocked) >>> blockchain_get_account_public_balance btc38-public-for-bts-cold
[[
    "btc38-public-for-bts-cold",[[
      ]
    ]
  ]
]

This command might not give correct result with current version: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/issues/1420

When running experimental version with this command fixed, I get:
(wallet closed) >>> blockchain_get_account_public_balance btc38-public-for-bts-cold
[[
  ]
]

zerosum

I personally do not believe the price of BTS is what it is due to BTC38 price manipulation (as in selling more BTS than they have). That being said what alt is saying makes a lot of sense and everybody should do it.

Take your not-for-trading BTS out of BTC38 (and all other exchanges for that matter)!

- If BTC38  has 10%+ of all BTS - It is indeed too high. Nobody should keep her BTS on the exchange unless for trading or to sell them to pay bills/exit his position. And if you decide to trade on BTC38, it should take a minute for the BTS to be moved there.(Believe me I know it usually takes a deposit and support ticket for the funds to be credited, but this should be fixed by the exchange as well)
For that reason alone - move your BTS out of BTC38.

- If BTC38  does not have 10% of all BTS, but it claims it does:
   - move your BTS out of BTC38. You do not want to be the last one holding BTS IOU's there, when everybody else has withdrawn their BTS from BTC38 and the exchange has nothing but empty promise to give you, do you?
    - buy BTS with any funds (BTC, CNY etc.) that you have on the exchange, if such funds are there to buy BTS in short/medium term. And withdraw the new BTS from the exchange. In other words, if alt suspicion is true, the price of BTS should and (will be) much higher as a result of removing the downward manipulation, so buy now (cheap) and move the funds to more secure location (your wallet).

In short - move your BTS out of centralized exchanges. This will be very bullish (increasing the BTS price) in the short term anyway. What is more interesting - if alt's worries are true this will be good for the BTS price, in the long term as well.

If it's true, you should buy BTS but not sell.
because exchange need to buy back BTS to pay debt.

This.

If this is true, we can shortsqueeze the hell out of btc38 by buying and withdrawing BTS. 

They will be forced to buy tons of shares at market in order to balance their books, and it will rocket up the price. 

Offline vikram

btc38 have used a new public account to save cold balance: btc38-public-for-bts-cold
there is only 40 million BTS at this address, btc38 say they have transfer 150 million BTS, but the balance should be  250 million as they said.
default (unlocked) >>> blockchain_get_account_public_balance btc38-public-for-bts-cold
[[
    "btc38-public-for-bts-cold",[[
      ]
    ]
  ]
]

This command might not give correct result with current version: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/issues/1420

Offline Ander

• View Profile
I dont believe we should remove btc38 from price feeds.  The price that it is being traded at is the actual price that people are paying.  What we should do is withdraw all bts.

Offline Ander

• View Profile

This.

If this is true, we can shortsqueeze the hell out of btc38 by buying and withdrawing BTS. 

They will be forced to buy tons of shares at market in order to balance their books, and it will rocket up the price. 

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
this is good thing if we can prepare.
exchange can broke, but not BTS.
and we still waiting BTC38 to prove their 250 million BTS balance.

I didn't have enough to break the bank but my bts withdraw went through fine.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
BTC38 promised that they'll disclose the cold storage address of their Bitcoin holding back in 26th,FEB, but now is March ,  some people are suspecting the reasons , so I wonder if BitShares will have the same situation . I'm just assuming the worst in a technical standing point of view . Maybe they're just slow in action though .

来自我的 HUAWEI P7-L00 上的 Tapatalk

Offline alt

• View Profile
this is good thing if we can prepare.
exchange can broke, but not BTS.
and we still waiting BTC38 to prove their 250 million BTS balance.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 03:27:23 pm by alt »

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
Sorry, maybe it's not a good time to say too much right now.

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure you've already said too much. Vague/panic-inducing statements are a lot worse than straight-up facts.

Yes! Such accusations should be kept private until sufficient evidence is available.
This induces panic and is detrimental to the BTS as a whole.

@alt are you saying BTC38 do not possess all the funds they claim to have?
Are you saying that BTC38 falsifies trades?
What exactly is your claim?

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure you've already said too much. Vague/panic-inducing statements are a lot worse than straight-up facts.

Offline alt

• View Profile
be prepared to face bad situation if you trust me
we must  come up with a solution

for now, just exclude the exchange is not enough, because the price will spread to other exchange.
BTC38 is the most big exchange.

Big or not - if it manipulates data it should be ignored.

However I dont think there is enough evidence for manipulation yet.

As the largest exchange for bts, BTC38 does have the trading volume to influence buyers from other exchanges to take its bts price as 'most accepted price'.  We need to alert users to avoid BTC38 if we have sufficient evidence.

@alt, are you able to produce evidence?