Author Topic: what should we do if price is control by exchange??  (Read 11104 times)

Offline svk

btc38 still not prove they have enough balance, we need to be ready to face some bad situation
If you're "not saying anything for sure", why are you being so alarmist?

Do exchanges normally prove they have enough balance on hand of any asset they're holding? Why should we expect them to prove it for BTS?

It sounds like all of this is a bunch of unneeded panic over a rumor. These situations need to be considered by the devs, but until it's obvious this is what's going on there's no need to stir up the community.

Indeed. I'm surprised to see alt scaremongering like this, maybe its justified but we can't really tell for now, and it feels like adding fuel to the fire of falling BTS prices..
Worker: dev.bitsharesblocks

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
Delegates should react and ignore malicious exchange's feeds.

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
btc38 still not prove they have enough balance, we need to be ready to face some bad situation

Do exchanges normally prove they have enough balance on hand of any asset they're holding? Why should we expect them to prove it for BTS?

It sounds like all of this is a bunch of unneeded panic over a rumor. These situations need to be considered by the devs, but until it's obvious this is what's going on there's no need to stir up the community.

I'd imagine a large portion of this rumor is being driven by those with buy orders around the 0.05 CNY level. Apparently it's working.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 02:29:13 pm by nomoreheroes7 »

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

security should be enforced even at a peaceful time .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi
This is very important!
I'm not saying anything for sure.
But let us discuss some technical measures in case unreal price happen in the centralized exchange that lead to a malfunction price feed

what will we do, if BTC38 sell fake BTS, and control the price?
should we pause feed price?
@Bytemaster

BTC38 promised that they'll disclose the cold storage address of their Bitcoin holding back in 26th,FEB, but now is March ,  some people are suspecting the reasons , so I wonder if BitShares will have the same situation . I'm just assuming the worst in a technical standing point of view . Maybe they're just slow in action though .
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 04:27:56 pm by alt »