Author Topic: maybe this is the reason why people not come to BTS or not trade inside  (Read 5736 times)

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
Adding gateways is good for a short term solution but finally why not just add BTC:BTS markets directly into the client and let the delegates escrow the exchange?
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13274.0
This way bitshares has no dependencies and no counter party risk ever.

this is not a short term solution. they can both exist. the bridges can do many things that the decentralized exchange can not do, such as FIAT withdraw to the bank account, and fiat deposit.

Offline bitmarley

• View Profile
Adding gateways is good for a short term solution but finally why not just add BTC:BTS markets directly into the client and let the delegates escrow the exchange?
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=13274.0
This way bitshares has no dependencies and no counter party risk ever.

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
And to keep the "official" client neutral .. a plugin system should be added such that you can "install" metaexchange or other bridges/gateways as addon ..

alternatively, metaexchange could host it's own wallet having a bridge from BTC built in! @monsterer
I spoke to Valentine yesterday about adding a "MarketPlace" page to the wallet where blocktrades, metaexchange, etc can be listed and he indicated that it shouldn't be difficult to add. Hopefully we will see something like this soon.

Also, if there are other suggestions for the name of such a page, please post your idea about it.

+5% This would be a great way to showcase third party apps and services.

Offline Pheonike

I think the name for coin conversions throughout the Bitshares ecosystem should be called Morphing or "Morph".

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
Btw who is Valentine?
Valentine is the primary developer for the full client GUI (delegate: valzav.payroll.testz).
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
I spoke to Valentine yesterday about adding a "MarketPlace" page to the wallet where blocktrades, metaexchange, etc can be listed and he indicated that it shouldn't be difficult to add. Hopefully we will see something like this soon.

Also, if there are other suggestions for the name of such a page, please post your idea about it.

Awesome! The name of it should be something like "Deposit BTC" / "Deposit at Metaexchange" etc, i.e. it should mirror as closely as possible the experience at bter.com.

Btw who is Valentine?
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 06:54:55 pm by speedy »

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
And to keep the "official" client neutral .. a plugin system should be added such that you can "install" metaexchange or other bridges/gateways as addon ..

alternatively, metaexchange could host it's own wallet having a bridge from BTC built in! @monsterer

+5% as long as its obvious to users that the MarketPlace is for 3rd party trust based services.
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow

« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 05:38:27 pm by dannotestein »
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
I think metaexchange has earned a place inside the client, at least on the wallet.bitshares.org one.

So all somebody has to do is copy the old wallet code, integrate metaexchange and release it in parallel with existing wallet options. 

Many coins have multiple wallets.
... and with the brain key to be universial you can use different web wallets in parallel .. at least for non-TITAN transactions ..

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile

yes, these are possible ways.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

I think metaexchange has earned a place inside the client, at least on the wallet.bitshares.org one.

I agree with the OP - there are still too many steps relative to a centralized exchange. We need to be as seamless as possible.

Offline monsterer

This is possible, but not on any short-term roadmap we have. A stop gap would be for us to open up support for unregistered accounts, which is something I do have in my todo :)
My opinions do not represent those of metaexchange unless explicitly stated.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
The reason I havent traded internally is that the wallet crashed when I tried. 

We need the moonstone wallet!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
Hi guys,
to trade inside the BTS market, users form BTC or non-crypto world have to deposit their BTC or fiat to their account. But I is hard to deposit, so maybe this is why people not come to BTS and not trade inside the market.  let's see how average poeple do this.

if a new user want to deposit BTC
to the centralized exchange, the user:
STEP 1:   open his exchange account, and get the address.
STEP 2:   deposits BTC to the centralized exchange

to BTS inside market, the user:
STEP 1:   open the web-wallet
STEP 2:   register a username  (many do not know he have to do so. when they realized this, a lot time have been wasted)
STEP 3:   deposit BTC to a bridge like Meta-exchange, and then get bitBTC to the registered account. (need to open the bridge website and the process seems long and I dare not try. It seem not safer than the centralized ones)

It seems much harder to deposit BTC to the inside market.

Possible Solution:
integrate the bridge (or gateway) and the wallet. people can just open the wallet and get a deposit address, like a centralized exchange.
integrate the username registering and the wallet registering. this can make the two progress in one, user will not feel trouble.

with these two integration, new users can just register a webwallet account, and deposit from inside the wallet.(just look like)

if a new user want to deposit fiat
to the centralized exchange:
step 1: open the website
step 2: deposit form somewhere inside the website.(even just look like, it is quite smooth)

to the BTS inside market:
step 1: open the client
step 2: register an accnount
step 3: deposit fiat to a bridge like TradeBTS, and receive bitAsset to the registered account (I have to go to another site. And I believe most new comers have never heard of the site. If they want to do so, it costs much time. there is also counter-party risk and maybe even bad than centralized ones because centralized exchanges seems are larger company)

to deposit from fiat to bitasset is hard indeed.

Possible solution:
similar like above. integrate the entrance of bridge or gate into the wallet, then users will feel they can handle every thing in one tool .(they just register an account and click to deposit inside the wallet --- though we know the bridge run independently in fact )
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 04:12:29 pm by xiahui135 »