Author Topic: maybe this is the reason why people not come to BTS or not trade inside  (Read 5819 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
And to keep the "official" client neutral .. a plugin system should be added such that you can "install" metaexchange or other bridges/gateways as addon ..

alternatively, metaexchange could host it's own wallet having a bridge from BTC built in! @monsterer

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
Hi guys,
to trade inside the BTS market, users form BTC or non-crypto world have to deposit their BTC or fiat to their account. But I is hard to deposit, so maybe this is why people not come to BTS and not trade inside the market.  let's see how average poeple do this.

if a new user want to deposit BTC
to the centralized exchange, the user:
STEP 1:   open his exchange account, and get the address.
STEP 2:   deposits BTC to the centralized exchange

to BTS inside market, the user:
STEP 1:   open the web-wallet
STEP 2:   register a username  (many do not know he have to do so. when they realized this, a lot time have been wasted)
STEP 3:   deposit BTC to a bridge like Meta-exchange, and then get bitBTC to the registered account. (need to open the bridge website and the process seems long and I dare not try. It seem not safer than the centralized ones)

It seems much harder to deposit BTC to the inside market.

Possible Solution:
integrate the bridge (or gateway) and the wallet. people can just open the wallet and get a deposit address, like a centralized exchange.
integrate the username registering and the wallet registering. this can make the two progress in one, user will not feel trouble.

with these two integration, new users can just register a webwallet account, and deposit from inside the wallet.(just look like)

if a new user want to deposit fiat
to the centralized exchange:
step 1: open the website
step 2: deposit form somewhere inside the website.(even just look like, it is quite smooth)

to the BTS inside market:
step 1: open the client
step 2: register an accnount
step 3: deposit fiat to a bridge like TradeBTS, and receive bitAsset to the registered account (I have to go to another site. And I believe most new comers have never heard of the site. If they want to do so, it costs much time. there is also counter-party risk and maybe even bad than centralized ones because centralized exchanges seems are larger company)

to deposit from fiat to bitasset is hard indeed.

Possible solution:
similar like above. integrate the entrance of bridge or gate into the wallet, then users will feel they can handle every thing in one tool .(they just register an account and click to deposit inside the wallet --- though we know the bridge run independently in fact )
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 04:12:29 pm by xiahui135 »