Author Topic: Password unrecognized  (Read 1645 times)

Offline JA

• View Profile
Yeah, the password was right tho i doubt it still is. Thoughtful suggestions. I did find something wrong. There was outbound activity to video.b1.org, so I wiped and re installed windows. Still tho..how is it possible to get both my password and my .json
without looking into the details.
No matter what you do, as soon as there is a melicious code that can download things, your machine is fully compromised.
A RAT (Remote Administration Tool) can basicly do anything. Watch your screen, logg keystrokes (wallet pw) or read files (.json too  ;))

And to this day i have never seen a AV that can protect you.
To make a virus undetected it only takes 15$ a month for the "hacker".
« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 08:10:35 am by jabbajabba ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ »

Offline matthewmorganstein

Yeah, the password was right tho i doubt it still is. Thoughtful suggestions. I did find something wrong. There was outbound activity to video.b1.org, so I wiped and re installed windows. Still tho..how is it possible to get both my password and my .json

chryspano

The Bitshares desktop client version 0.6.2 was behaving oddly, instead of logging in it was refreshing the splash screen and returning to the login details so I deleted and installed an earlier version but have only gotten "invalid password" or "wrong password" notices since.

How can I verify whether I was hacked, or if there's some other issue?

Restoring backups on clean installations haven't worked. I tried old versions and the latest 0.70.

I assume you enter the correct password for the right wallet, having said that I would let the wallet to fully sync before I would do anything else, especially if you have a low cpu, low ram non SSD system.

It would not hurt to run some antivirus antimalware tests, almost every antivirus has a 30 day trial version and as an anti-malware malwarebytes also has a free version. Run full scans.

Also you can check your keyboard in a text editor to rule out keyboard malfunctioning.(EDIT or you can check the password field every time you press a key in your keyboard to enter the password)

« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 08:51:23 pm by chryspano »

Offline matthewmorganstein

The Bitshares desktop client version 0.6.2 was behaving oddly, instead of logging in it was refreshing the splash screen and returning to the login details so I deleted and installed an earlier version but have only gotten "invalid password" or "wrong password" notices since.

How can I verify whether I was hacked, or if there's some other issue?

Restoring backups on clean installations haven't worked. I tried old versions and the latest 0.70.