Author Topic: I have lost faith inBTS completely  (Read 11517 times)

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7
Just because someone posted a negative opinion doesn't mean it doesn't add value.  This kind of opinion should be taken seriously instead of sweeping it under the rug... Frankly I'm starting to agree with the OP.  There is absolutely no utility for bitshares.  We all thought we could issue equity with it, but have now realized it's a regulatory nightmare.  We also thought that we would get a bitshares fiat gateway, but that is also a painful journey down the regulatory rabbit hole. Investors are realizing that these things can only be done by people with deep pockets and a tolerance for going to prison... Maybe someone will try it, but frankly I don't think it's worth the orange jump suit risk.

And another thing, everyone has such a hard on for bitUSD and MPAs.  Why?  I don't see how it's all that revolutionary... Yeah yeah I get how its backed by 3x collateral ot whatever, but that is suffocating and make shooting difficult and asymetricly risky compared to buying bitUSD.  You can see all this buy the super low interest rates being offered by shorts over the last months and buy the dying market cap of bit assets.

Agree with lil_jay on this one. Basically nothing is going the way it was planned/promised. No stable client, no 1.0, no real marketing push, no secret sauce, no real VOTE features, no Overstock-equity integration, no fiat gateways, no debit card, no infomercials, no "funnels", the list goes on, and on, and on, and on.

That is why people are losing faith. Basically everything appears to have just been a bunch of smoke and mirrors so far. And it's important that this be expressed so the devs/community can know where improvements need to be made.

We have perhaps one of the greatest technological breakthroughs in the world here, but that won't amount to anything unless devs are able to actually keep their promises and meet deadlines to keep adoption from going extinct. Speaking of deadlines, what the hell is up with the Github 0.8.0 milestone? It's had those 3 final issues holding it back for like 2 weeks now (when it was originally 0.7.0), and is again past due by a day. Madness.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline liondani

• Inch by inch, play by play
    • View Profile
    • My detailed info
  • BitShares: liondani
  • GitHub: liondani

Offline lil_jay890

• View Profile
By saying you've lost faith in BitShares you are meaning you've lost faith in the community, the dozens of hardworking people that are trying to make BitShares a success.
People that spend hours, days and weeks in the last months to build and promote the most promising Blockchain project since Bitcoin. What have you done for BitShares?

But I believe even without you aboard the sun will rise again tomorrow.

However, live long and prosper.

Lets go back to work...

+5%

those "lost faith in x" threads are common in every crypto community. most of the time it's either a daytrader, frustrated with no quick cash or some FUDster trying to pressure the price to buy in cheap.

I will move this thread to random, since it doesn't add any value at all to this sub
[/quothe

Just because someone posted a negative opinion doesn't mean it doesn't add value.  This kind of opinion should be taken seriously instead of sweeping it under the rug... Frankly I'm starting to agree with the OP.  There is absolutely no utility for bitshares.  We all thought we could issue equity with it, but have now realized it's a regulatory nightmare.  We also thought that we would get a bitshares fiat gateway, but that is also a painful journey down the regulatory rabbit hole. Investors are realizing that these things can only be done by people with deep pockets and a tolerance for going to prison... Maybe someone will try it, but frankly I don't think it's worth the orange jump suit risk.

And another thing, everyone has such a hard on for bitUSD and MPAs.  Why?  I don't see how it's all that revolutionary... Yeah yeah I get how its backed by 3x collateral ot whatever, but that is suffocating and make shooting difficult and asymetricly risky compared to buying bitUSD.  You can see all this buy the super low interest rates being offered by shorts over the last months and buy the dying market cap of bit assets.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
By saying you've lost faith in BitShares you are meaning you've lost faith in the community, the dozens of hardworking people that are trying to make BitShares a success.
People that spend hours, days and weeks in the last months to build and promote the most promising Blockchain project since Bitcoin. What have you done for BitShares?

Lets go back to work...

+5%

those "lost faith in x" threads are common in every crypto community. most of the time it's either a daytrader, frustrated with no quick cash or some FUDster trying to pressure the price to buy in cheap.

I will move this thread to random, since it doesn't add any value at all to this sub

Offline btswolf

Lets go back to work...
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 11:58:10 am by btswolf »

TurkeyLeg

He is wuyanren .
he is just messing with you all ....

He switches his mood every now and then .

If that is true, then he is making a mistake by posting in this way. This forum should be a place for real discussion, not FUD.

lzr1900

I am happy i dumped all my bts at 0.065 cny.

Offline davidpbrown

bah.. Everyone wants to get rich overnight.. give it a while. What is there to invest in instead?

Chatter on reddit just now about the Etherburn https://i.imgur.com/QlAYBQw.jpg https://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2zmqfa/184_million_dollars_and_198_days_later_feel_the/

BitShares has made more progress than any other that I'm liking. CounterParty is still strong; MSC/Omni looks dead in the water, though I keep hoping for something later; NXT glad I got out. Ethereum, I'm glad I was never in.

I guess Maidsafe might be the first to go large but that's not really the same flavour of enterprise and has been running a lot longer than bitcoin.

I think we've got at least two years before prospect of Bitcoin2.0 offerings going mainstream and those who are up an running now are in a far stronger position and far more likely to succeed that any other new venture.

8)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2015, 10:46:43 am by davidpbrown »
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist

Offline vlight

• View Profile
  • BitShares: vlight
When i lose faith in BTS i buy BitUSD.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
He is wuyanren .
he is just messing with you all ....

He switches his mood every now and then .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
Goodbye,BTS

Lol was that you dumping today?

We have made loads of mistakes along the way, but I still believe BitShares has huge long-term value. I remember back in 2013 I wanted to trade my bitcoin and I could not do it because my AML docs hadnt cleared yet. Then I heard about BitUSD and I knew that was the only thing that could give me the freedom that I want.

All BitShares needs is to overcome a few more hurdles to make the exchange super easy to use, and we should be able to attract a real user base that uses it for trading. Then we will finally have a DAC that is profitable. At that point BTS will naturally be an asset that everyone wants to hold.

Offline emski

• View Profile
    • http://lnkd.in/nPbhxG
BTS has nothing to do with faith.
Its utility is what matters.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav