Author Topic: BTS What went wrong????  (Read 6373 times)

Offline nj-racoon

• View Profile

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Won't he still need a powerful machine to even sync a 120 accounts wallet?
What he can do is let the client sync to the blockchain with the wallet locked ..
once synced to the blockchain he can unlock the wallet and the TITAN scanning will start .. this part may take some time if you are low on CPU but should eventually reach 100%

Offline triox

• View Profile
  • BitShares: triox
Quote from: xeroc ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ link=topic=15156.msg195948
Easier would be to familiarize yourself with the CLI commands and do the very same with in terminal not exposing your private keys to some Microsoft thing ..

Won't he still need a powerful machine to even sync a 120 accounts wallet?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Because of that, I have like 120 names...which has basically made my wallet unusable.  Lesson learned...the hard way.

Fuzzy, is this purely a performance issue? If so you can try the following: sign up for a trial Azure account, spawn the biggest meanest  Windows Server 2012 R2 machine there is, install bitshares and sync. Don't worry, they won't charge you. Copy over your wallet and send everything to a new one on your machine.
Easier would be to familiarize yourself with the CLI commands and do the very same with in terminal not exposing your private keys to some Microsoft thing ..

Offline triox

• View Profile
  • BitShares: triox
Because of that, I have like 120 names...which has basically made my wallet unusable.  Lesson learned...the hard way.

Fuzzy, is this purely a performance issue? If so you can try the following: sign up for a trial Azure account, spawn the biggest meanest  Windows Server 2012 R2 machine there is, install bitshares and sync. Don't worry, they won't charge you. Copy over your wallet and send everything to a new one on your machine.

Offline Rafikichi

• View Profile
I love all the positive energy and confidence in this forum.  Really smart fucking people hang out here and smart small money is piling in waiting for the big days ahead!

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
I have never been as excited to being able to buy bts at such a discount!
 8) 8) 8)

In 5 years, I wish I bought more.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Keep up all the fearmongering folks.. only helps me buy more BTS!!! :D

I'm taking all the sour grapes of you complainers and turning it into fine crypto wine..  +5%

Sooo keep it come'en with all your doom and gloom.. only fueling my fortunes.  8)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
It makes sense that people get frustrated.  What we are doing is so friggin HUGE.  Doing HUGE things is not simple.  That means that having patience is even more difficult.  I feel for you inarizushi, but take a deep breath :)

I panic bought bitAssets at 0.8 cents and I'm out of most of my shorts, I end up with not much losses in BTS count, but some others deserve much empathy right now : https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=15154.0. Some people are losing some serious money.
I don't know if the problem could have been handled differently, but at least the devs could have some presence here. The people who are losing money because of bugs have every reasons to be furious.

Vikram replied your post , and had a fix on github waiting for test .

Yes, he did, and it's great that someone is working fixing it. Maybe the recent dump is not due to the bug, I hope you're right.
But, as far as my understanding goes, as long as the market is broken in this way, we're headed to a black swan disaster (shorters are ready to buy back 10% higher to avoid losses : how could the BTS price go up ?).
I thought it was urgent, and the price drop makes me feel it was indeed. If the price drops are due to something else meaningless, then I'm very happy, but I'm not convinced.

ha , it's something else , at least for today .
something to do with BTC38 changing their policy of the price setting system .
0.047CNY becomes something like 0.0472 CNY , then big buy orders went everywhere right after the news announced .
so the price crashed within 10 minutes .

why the price would crash for this ? hmm ..... an excuse ..
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile
It makes sense that people get frustrated.  What we are doing is so friggin HUGE.  Doing HUGE things is not simple.  That means that having patience is even more difficult.  I feel for you inarizushi, but take a deep breath :)

I panic bought bitAssets at 0.8 cents and I'm out of most of my shorts, I end up with not much losses in BTS count, but some others deserve much empathy right now : https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=15154.0. Some people are losing some serious money.
I don't know if the problem could have been handled differently, but at least the devs could have some presence here. The people who are losing money because of bugs have every reasons to be furious.

Yes, he did, and it's great that someone is working fixing it. Maybe the recent dump is not due to the bug, I hope you're right.
But, as far as my understanding goes, as long as the market is broken in this way, we're headed to a black swan disaster (shorters are ready to buy back 10% higher to avoid losses : how could the BTS price go up ?).
I thought it was urgent, and the price drop makes me feel it was indeed. If the price drops are due to something else meaningless, then I'm very happy, but I'm not convinced.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile

这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
If you want to know why the price crashed last night, some answers are:
* Market bug.  People worried about the bug, and also those with bitUSD have incentive to crash the price, margin call longs, and get more BTS as a result, then drive it back up.

* BTC38 switching to another decimal point.  "Haha BTS is so low now they added a decimal".

* Breaking the .045 CNY support lead to panic selling.

If you want to know why BTS has been in a bear market, some answers are:
* The merger was a huge mistake, and its only effect has been to give millions of shares to PTS/etc holders who are pissed off at BTS, and who just dump the shares.

* Paid delegates needing to sell shares.

* Many promises were made of "1.0 release", "Marketing campaign", etc.  When these did not occur as expected, people got upset and sold.

* General crypto bear market.  (Though this wasnt the cause of the decline over the past month or two - that was all bitshares). 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline inarizushi

• View Profile

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Wait a second!

Why doesn't everything work perfect the first time?

This is BS! 

We should all be millionaires by now!

This is outrage!

Granted, I don't contribute anything to the code base or much else for that matter, but dammit, I want to be a millionaire...STAT!

This lack of continuous perfection from the dev team is really putting a damper on future plans to make it rain in Monaco.

Bitshares devs - Look, I realize this is new and experimental technology relying on difficult and complex knowledge I will never be able to do myself, but jeez already - You should have seen how good my Braveheart fan page was when I was learning basic HTML back in the 90's (it had a lot of picture of Sophie Marceau, so I know it was complex and awesome) How hard can cryptographic systems of consensus and decentralized exchanging of polymorphic digital assets be...shit - WHERE ARE MY MILLIONS????????????????

::)
Some in this thread will think you are being serious.

lzr1900

WHERE ARE MY MILLIONS????????????????

::)
bm and his father stan were sucking all your millions.