Author Topic: Help with sync issue on 0.7.0, stuck on block 2074412.  (Read 2541 times)

Offline CryptoN8

• View Profile
This also occurs in windows.

Once the client has a problem and loses connection, it never connects again.

The last 3 clients I have tried have done this.  Reinstalling and waiting 4-5 hours to reload the chain every time there is a problem is not acceptable.

This bug is causing long-time supporters to stop trying to use bitshares.

Yeah, I can see this being a detractor for mass adoption as you really need to go under the hood to fix it, most people won't, they will just walk away. But then again we are on 0.7 so there is that. Hopefully they will squash that bug soon before a 1.0 product.

I am going to make it a habit of exiting BitShares before I close the lid on my MacBookPro. Maybe that has something to do with it, something gets corrupted.

Offline gnarl

• View Profile
This also occurs in windows.

Once the client has a problem and loses connection, it never connects again.

The last 3 clients I have tried have done this.  Reinstalling and waiting 4-5 hours to reload the chain every time there is a problem is not acceptable.

This bug is causing long-time supporters to stop trying to use bitshares.

Offline CryptoN8

• View Profile
Thanks for the hint. I was able to find the folder here: (OSX)
Code: [Select]
~/Library/Application Support/BitSharesI made a backup. File > Export Wallet
I then renamed the BitShares folder to BitShares.old
Launched BitShares app, it started like it was a fresh install. (Did not setup)
Then did a restore. File > Import Wallet
It then resynced the entire blockchain. Everything appeared to be in working order, but after it was done it did freeze up and I had to Force Quit Bitshares. Relaunched and it seems to be fine now. 8) Went back and removed the .old dir.

Funny thing, in the process of finding the BitShares folder I found an old Bitcoin dir in that Application Support folder and removed it freeing up 26GB of much needed space on my MacBookPro. Now I'm not sure which I'm more happy about, Bitshares syncing, or 26GB free on my SSD! :P
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 04:36:30 am by CryptoN8 »

Offline karnal

• View Profile
Indeed the above has fixed it for me on 0.6.2 before.

Do we have any idea what's causing this issue?

chryspano

In the past deleting all files and folders (DO NOT delete the Wallets folder!) from your AppData Bitshares folder would resolve problems like this by redownloading the blockchain, this will take some time.

Take some wallet backups before you do this.

Offline zerobyte1969

• View Profile
Me too, but in different block 2074636.

OSX Mavericks.

Sorry but i don't speak english.

Offline CryptoN8

• View Profile
Hi, was looking for any hints on how to fix my syncing issue on OSX 10.10.2, I'm stuck on block 2074412. More info here:
https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=15020.msg195147#msg195147
I've rebooted, rescanned, and reinstalled 0.7.0, nothing appears to work after upgrading from 0.6.2. Anyone else having this issue?
Thanks.