Author Topic: [ANN] Marketing.Methodx Reboot  (Read 5915 times)

Offline Riverhead

With the market cap being what it is doing any actual marketing might be tough until the funds pool a bit.

I do however support adding liquidity to any of the MM bots.

One aspect of the MM path is that the funds are not spent but utilized. If a marketing project needs funding it can be decided if it would add more value than those funds market making and reallocate accordingly. However I also feel liquidity is marketing of its own type.

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
With the market cap being what it is doing any actual marketing might be tough until the funds pool a bit.

hmm..... you could just pull a cute kitten in front of a screen opening a BitShares wallet ,  capture its cute move and upload to youtube .

"Cute kitten alert"

Next day , you might be looking at 10K+ hits .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso

Offline Riverhead

Thanks Xeldal. I have no intention of competing with you ( with these funds  8) ).

Your ideas about other needed pairs is well received and I am open to input on which pairs to fund.

Xeldal

I'm already running a market making bot on most of the Yunbi pairs, most heavily on BTC:bUSD.

Would the funds be better spent making some other market that needs it?

I'm happy to compete with you of course.  ;)  I'd suggest perhaps making the internal bBTC:bUSD market instead.  IMO this really should be the focal point.

Offline Riverhead

Community,

As many of you know Methodx and myself were one of the first business/technical partnerships. While Methodx's work speaks for itself I played a lesser role of keeping the lights on, handling payments, etc. Sadly Methodx has decided to move on from BitShares which means the delegate falls to me as the remaining business partner. In the interest of transparency and full disclosure this post will describe my new plans for the funds. I welcome your feedback. If the delegate gets voted out that's fine too however I think that would be a wasted opportunity.

During the Mumble of Friday, March 19th, 2015 there was a brief conversation with BM about market making bots, their importance in bootstrapping the ecosystem (liquidity), and where they are needed most. To this end I will be allocating 100% of marketing.methodx income to liquidity bots. While the trading strategy and details won't be public the funds going in to, and out of, the bot from this income source will be (link coming).

The mechanics of this are quite simple. There are already scripts in place that pay 95% of income to MethodX for marketing activities and 5% to myself for operations. The script will be updated to transfer 100% of income to the various marketing market making bots.

In order of priority:
1) Internal bot on the bitUSD/BTS pair.
2) Yunbi bot on the bitUSD/BTC pair
3) metaexchange bot on the <various>/BTC pairs.

Thank you. I look forward to your feedback.

James aka Riverhead.