This is the official Moonstone development and crowdfunder diary. We will get all updates as soon as possible to this thread, so please subscribe to this thread if you want to be up to date!Moonstone
development is continuing in great steps.We will be presenting the frontend for the first time at the Texas Bitcoin Conference March 28th. You'll be able to see the initial screenshots in our upcoming bitshares.tv video interview (thanks Max!).
Moonstone.io is currently being translated to Mandarin Chinese. The video is already available with Mandarin subtitles.
We are proud to announce that we will be integrating metaexchange natively with the Moonstone wallet. This means that you will be able to exchange BitShares and related UIAs within the wallet with BTC. The Metaexchange team will also help us in the crowdfunder with their phenomenal exchange daemon. We believe that this might be the future of how these crowdfunders will happen. Because we require a pay to public key functionality form the Metaexchange daemon we decided to be push back the crowdfunder campaign until that is developed. The new crowdfunding starting date is now April
Until the end of March we will disclose the full timeline for future feature releases such as Identity Verification for gateway services
, multi-blockchain support (including Bitcoin through the Bitcore wallet suite
), and multisig support.EDDIT April 5th:
We have decided to hold the fundraiser exclusively in BTC, there won't be a BTS or bitAsset option. The reasons are that the liquidity between BTS and BTC is so low that selling 130k USD worth opf BTS into BTC to cash out into fiat would according to our calculations move the market simply too much.
However we would like everybody to take part in the poll in this thread and let us know whether you would like to get 1.15 USD or 1.15 BTS
through a buyback. Our original plan was to do a bitUSD buyback but it seems there might be interest in doing the unit of account in terms of BTS rather than USD. After all, the community is long on BTS.
Depending on the outcome of the poll we might have to postpone the crowdfunding campaign another day.Please vote in the poll in this thread and let us know what you think!EDDIT April 6th:
Based on the outcome of the poll we have decided to denominate the buyback in terms of BTS. This means that for every BTC you send in the price will be converted into the equivalent in terms of BTS at the time of donation, and you will receive 1.15 Moonstone tokens for every BTS equivalent you donated.
To accomodate the changes and to do some more testing on our crowdfunder setup we are postponing the start of the crowdfunding campaign to April 9th.
Once the wallet is released as version 1.0 the buyback with the d delegates will commence. Our delegates will be operational and can be voted in by May.Final Timeline:
- Thursday, April 9th 2015 12.00 PM UTC (noon) the crowdfunding campaign will start
- Saturday, May 9th 2015 12.00 PM UTC (noon) the crowdfunding campaign ends.
- May: The wallet software version 0.9 final public test release will be made (with the MIT license if the crowdfunder reaches our goal of 130k USD)
- June: Version 1.0 of the wallet is released after extensive public testing.
If you have any questions please let us know!EDIT April 10th:
It seems that there is such a strong interest to donate BTS rather than BTC our crowdfunder that some people are thinking about buying MOONFUND tokens on the internal exchange straight with BTS. (See this thread https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,15663.0/topicseen.html
We're opening therefore a poll to see whether enough people are interested in us putting a sell order of Moonstones at about 0.9-0.92 BTS on the internal exchange. This way almost everybody should be able to participate (though at a slightly lower potential return rate, as we still need to cash out to fiat for operations). We would then also need to update the funds collected on the website manually a few times a day.
Please let us know what you think, and please vote in the poll!