Author Topic: [ANN] Moonstone.io development and crowdfunder diary  (Read 87513 times)

Offline bitsapphire

Has peertracks donated to moonstone as promised?

No. Peertracks decided to go with an integrated wallet interface instead (build by Bitsapphire). I can't disclose much more than that unfortunately. Nonetheless, Moonstone will work with MUSIC tokens once the chain is online.

I was told back then once the crowdfund ended, it would take more or less  a month for the wallet to be released, will we have it by mid July?

That's still our plan. Obviously some things have changed due to the Bitshares 2.0 announcement. Our current plan is to release the almost completely functional app within the same timeline as originally announced, and then release the final production ready version with Bitshares 2.0 integration asap. Obviously, the referral program is potentially a game-changer for our business model.
Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: https://moonstone.io/login-register.html

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

+5% I'm interested too.

I was told back then once the crowdfund ended, it would take more or less  a month for the wallet to be released, will we have it by mid July?

I think they will release the wallet with the new referral system in place.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Like anyone is going to trust their balance to a closed source wallet.

The frontend will be licensed GPLv3 which of course is open source. From a light wallet user's perspective (which nearly everyone will be), how the backend is licensed is nearly irrelevant since: 1) the backend cannot get access to their private keys; 2) if they don't control the computers the backend is running on, they have no guarantee the backend servers are running the code they claim to be running even if the backend was open source.

The backend not being open source because the crowdfunding was not fully successful just means that other developers won't be able to take that code base and easily run their own Moonstone wallet compatible services (unless they reimplement the protocol themselves).

this. I don't see any problems.

Offline rgcrypto

• View Profile
    • Cryptoctopus Blog
I am sure you've learned a ton from this experience. You had great design and great execution but the offer to market match wasn't completely align. It happens!
Anyhow, I'm glad you are in our community

Offline arhag

• View Profile
    • My posts on Steem
  • BitShares: arhag
  • GitHub: arhag

The frontend will be licensed GPLv3 which of course is open source. From a light wallet user's perspective (which nearly everyone will be), how the backend is licensed is nearly irrelevant since: 1) the backend cannot get access to their private keys; 2) if they don't control the computers the backend is running on, they have no guarantee the backend servers are running the code they claim to be running even if the backend was open source.

The backend not being open source because the crowdfunding was not fully successful just means that other developers won't be able to take that code base and easily run their own Moonstone wallet compatible services (unless they reimplement the protocol themselves).

Offline sittingduck

• View Profile
Do you compile your own bts wallet?  If not then the devs could steal your funds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sumantso

Offline bitsapphire

Next time do equity crowd-fund with % of referral-profit as dividends. ^^

That's actually the plan now. We need a KYC solution for that first though to do it legally. That's where the first version of Moonstone will come into play. We'll make the next version of Moonstone possible with the first version. I think that has something beautiful to it.
Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: https://moonstone.io/login-register.html

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
Next time do equity crowd-fund with % of referral-profit as dividends. ^^

Offline davidpbrown

฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline bitsapphire

Hello there!
We would like to thank all those who have donated to the Moonstone Wallet fundraising campaign.

We were able to reach 23,027 USD of our planned 130.000 USD fundraiser goal. Instead of releasing both the frontend and backend under the MIT license (meaning that anybody would have had the right to use our code also for for-profit reasons), now the Moonstone Angular frontend will be released under GPL3 which can still be used for non-for-profit purposes. The backend which makes the light client possible remains closed source. We plan on releasing our APIs to the public so you will be able to build great apps on top of our API infrastructure!

Nonetheless, the wallet will be released soon and we will continue its further development.
The Moonfund tokens you have received for your donation will be bought back as planned with Bitshares 2.0 worker funds. Fortunately, Bitshares 2.0 will make this even simpler.

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

How will moonstone go with the bitshares 2.0 rules?
Any change?
BM said last night that bitsapphire (moonstone team) were informed 2 weeks ago, and were very happy with it.
Plus they can now make referral income from new wallet users
Not until 2.0 is released will they realize anything from the refer

Sent from my SGH-T999V using Tapatalk

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Permie

• BitShares is the mycelium of the financial-earth
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: krimduss
How will moonstone go with the bitshares 2.0 rules?
Any change?
BM said last night that bitsapphire (moonstone team) were informed 2 weeks ago, and were very happy with it.
Plus they can now make referral income from new wallet users
JonnyBitcoin votes for liquidity and simplicity. Make him your proxy?
BTSDEX.COM