Author Topic: [ANN] Moonstone.io development and crowdfunder diary  (Read 87517 times)

Offline bitsapphire

Please report the issues via the Google form. We need as much feedback from as many testers on different platforms as possible! The devs get every Google form report directly.
Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: https://moonstone.io/login-register.html

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado

I hope with this "big announcment" that we will finally begin to see Bitshares achieve its potential, and that Moonstone will help it take off!

Its pretty much critical at this point that they get this right, and the delivery really does match the hype this time.  I don't think the community could survive another disappointment.

I think that's exactly why things will turn out good this time. There is so much on the line there is just no space for that to happen again.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

We want to thank Bytemaster for disclosing to us parts of the upcoming Bitshares announcement as it made it possible for us to make an informed decision on how to continue the project and crowdfunder. For everybody else we can say this much: We have experience with quite some blockchain technologies, so we can say without any hesitation that the upcoming announcement is going to be incredible. We are pumped!

I hope with this "big announcment" that we will finally begin to see Bitshares achieve its potential, and that Moonstone will help it take off!

Its pretty much critical at this point that they get this right, and the delivery really does match the hype this time.  I don't think the community could survive another disappointment. 
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline onceuponatime

Offline bitsapphire

Hello everybody!

Thank you for your great patience! It's been an incredible past couple of weeks for our team as so many good things have happened.

We are pleased to announce that the community can play around with the dummy UI of the Moonstone wallet here http://app.moonstone.io/. Please note that this is still a very rough version of what we are working on as we had to take out quite some code which connects up to the backend which we want to open source through our crowdfunder. Most of the data is seeded and is not real and is only there for visual purposes. The account you create will be reset once the official beta starts. This demo is simply intended for everybody to have an idea of what the user's experience will be when using Moonstone.

Please send us any feedback via our online form!

In other good news:
  • We participted in the Singapore DBS Blockchain Hackathon and won first place (read here and here)! Taulant from our team teamed up with the great guys from Onebit (thanks fuzzy for getting us in touch!). It was an amazing experience with lots of great contacts in the industry created. This victory is already opening up a lot of doors.
  • We have officially partnered with the Factom project to deliver blockchain based identity verification services. The "blockchain of blockchains" approach we have pitched in Singapore is effectively the same concept and has been presented by other teams in whitepapers just days after our Singapore win. This has been the number one technical request for KYC purposes for all kinds of gateways.

We want to thank Bytemaster for disclosing to us parts of the upcoming Bitshares announcement as it made it possible for us to make an informed decision on how to continue the project and crowdfunder. For everybody else we can say this much: We have experience with quite some blockchain technologies, so we can say without any hesitation that the upcoming announcement is going to be incredible. We are pumped!
Register and get your personal Moonstone Wallet Beta here: https://moonstone.io/login-register.html

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
I appreciate the moonstone project a lot and I'm willing to donate.
Here is my feedback regarding the crowdfunding process:

1. It would be good if you placed this valuable link https://marvelapp.com/a31d7h#3555223 in a more exposed place - in my opinion this link is much more informative than the product demo in the form of a mute YouTube video.

2. When I am trying to donate I am asked to supply a password, a new wallet is created and I'm instructed to download it and keep to safe but there is no explicit guide how to use the new wallet. I guess I could figure it out on my own but it would be much better if I didn't have to. What is badly needed is a step by step guide what to do with the new wallet apart from keeping it safe, i.e. how to access the downloaded wallet and see the purchased Moonstone Tokes.

3. Currently the donation mechanism is not working - when I try to donate I get stuck with the message "Loading Bitcoin address" and nothing happens.

Thank you for your feedback!

1. For the first suggestion, yes, we could do that! But we are going to release the Demo version of the Moonstone Wallet next week, and that will replace the Marvelapp.
2. After we release the demo version, you will be able to use it, test it, and “play” around with it. As for the “step by step guide”, I don’t think that would be necessary( unless the community wants for it be implemented - after they have used the Moonstone Wallet demo firsthand)
3. We tested the “Donate” button and it’s working fine! If you could take a screenshot of the problem, and send it to us, we would more than appreciate it!

Hopefully we could be of any help to you!

two week passed  any progress?

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
it's better to even post and update if it's not positive or exciting.

Exactly. +5% +5% +5%
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Ok, but that's no excuse for not being accountable to their Shareholders.
At least keep us in the loop.

Not trying to excuse it.. just filling the void I guess. I have personally urged for updates as well.. but it's up to them how they like to handle it. Some people have different ideas on what/when things should be communicated. In my experience when it comes to crowdfunding.. it's better to even post and update if it's not positive or exciting. It can sometimes turn to good.. look what happened with MineBitShares.. I only had bad news.. next thing I know we are making history in our delegate bid :) .. http://vote.bunkermining.com

I am guessing from what I know we should hear something soon though.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Ok, but that's no excuse for not being accountable to their Shareholders.
At least keep us in the loop.
www.PalmPay.chat

The last thing I heard was they were needing to contact BM to review the API changes that were mentioned in hangout on Friday. That was on Monday. Nothing since. I think they might want to make sure they are sorted with that before giving an update. That's just my guess.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
we are going to release the Demo version of the Moonstone Wallet next week, and that will replace the Marvelapp.

How bad does accountability have to get before investors start demanding their money back?
I'm still vested in MOONFUND and NOTE, but Taulant, we have to know what you're doing, please.
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
it seems we missed the announcement...
I guess there are some strategic decisions to be made just now .. considering the upcoming improvements of BitShares

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Love ya Taulant, but what's going on with Moonstone man?
I really could have used it at tonights BitShares Munich meetup.

He has arrived back from Singapore with much news, catching his breath, and will update us tomorrow (Monday) because Sunday is a slow day on the forums.

it seems we missed the announcement...

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline 麥可貓

• View Profile
Love ya Taulant, but what's going on with Moonstone man?
I really could have used it at tonights BitShares Munich meetup.

You can find some clue here about the cooperation of bitsapphire and factom:
http://blog.factom.org/post/118735295389/fun-new-things-happening-at-factom

Anti-Corruption Tool - Bitsapphire and Factom are working on an anti-corruption tool to manage the land municipal registry databases in Kosovo. They plan to use the Factom API to build a cryptographic record to prove the databases haven’t been corrupted.
KYC Solution - Bitsapphire and Factom are also working on an innovative solution to the “Know Your Customer” problem many banks face. They are now building an identity management system backed up by Factom’s API for Moonstone.
Music Authentication - Bitsapphire will be working with Peertracks to build an external verification system for music. The Factom API will be used to audit and verify content for  intellectual property rights.

Factom and Bitsapphire will be working together to build a land registry tool for Kosovo municipalities, KYC Solution for Moonstone wallet, and music authentication for Peertracks. Our wonderful Peter Kirby, President of Factom, recently said, “Bitsapphire is building some of the most innovative solutions to KYC, data protection, and real time auditing on the blockchain. Factom makes it simple for them to create these products without bloating the Bitcoin Blockchain or building a complicated incentive system around a private blockchain.”
PTS: PmRVDPymZqSAZEXauHZSewrUrE66af7epT
BTSX: michaelcat
Delegate Team: x1.sun  x2.sun