Author Topic: [ANN] Moonstone.io development and crowdfunder diary  (Read 88733 times)

Offline onceuponatime

Love ya Taulant, but what's going on with Moonstone man?
I really could have used it at tonights BitShares Munich meetup.

He has arrived back from Singapore with much news, catching his breath, and will update us tomorrow (Monday) because Sunday is a slow day on the forums.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Love ya Taulant, but what's going on with Moonstone man?
I really could have used it at tonights BitShares Munich meetup.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

jaran

Based on the latest mumble it sounds like bytemaster is saying projects such as  this one should make their money off the upcoming referral program.  And it sounds like delegates wont be printing shares anymore.

Given that what is the status of this project?  Are the new bitshares changes going to effect this project?  Are you going to switch to making the money back based off the referral system rather than delegate pay?

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
lack of communication is not the best idea when you want people to fund you @bitsapphire

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags

Offline Krills

• View Profile

Offline Krills

• View Profile
we are going to release the Demo version of the Moonstone Wallet next week

hello.Is it release?

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

But why should we deprive ourself of the benefits it could bring us just to avoid others from benefiting from it?

Because we are haters.  We either hate ourselves, or others who succeed.  That is the only reason to be against such positive goodness for humanity worldwide.  Where have you been?

Come on, get busy man, if you work hard enough, then you might actually encourage the Moonstone team to quit and go help some other community!

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
But why should we deprive ourself of the benefits it could bring us just to avoid others from benefiting from it?

Because we are haters.  We either hate ourselves, or others who succeed.  Where have you been?

lol, I guess I was in my own world thinking we could do better ;)

Offline Chuckone

• View Profile
It is in our best interest to have a working, slick and easy to use wallet, and Moonstone's offering is exactly that. It might even increase user experience and adoption significantly if the development is done properly.

If it benefits other projects, then good for them. But why should we deprive ourself of the benefits it could bring us just to avoid others from benefiting from it? I would understand the concerns if they were offering it to a direct competitor to Bitshares, but it's not the case.

And you know what? It can only help Bitshares if the Moonstone wallet is used for several projects. Because all the new users that are brought in the ecosystem by the other projects (like PeerTracks) will be exposed to Bitshares because of the Moonstone wallet, thus increasing the probability of getting new Bitshares users. And the conversion will be very easy, they will already have the Moonstone wallet installed. They will only need to buy Bitshares or any assets, and bam! One conversion done.

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Offline Riverhead

A full delegate currently pays about $465 USD/month. For someone working 6.5 hour a month that works out to be about $70/hour. For a contractor that you're not paying benefits to that's dirt cheap.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Nice summary? All he is  trying to do is dress up dilution to pay for stuff which Peertracks should've been paying for. With even you approving, it seems that Moonstone PR is working well; now if only BTS got such good spin doctors.
I technically don't care about their relation to peertracks and I don't know about arrangements made between peertracks and bitsapphare .. and I don't need to
 .. because bitsapphire offers a wallet to bitshares users (me) .. and I like it .. thus I bought some MOONFUND to support their efforts ..
If they manage to get in some delegates to pay back "investors" .. that's fine .. if not I see my moonfund as a donation .. much like a kickstarter project .. period

and please refrain from calling out brainwashing .. that's just impolite

jakub

I for one am unhappy that we are paying a full delegate to work for 6.5 hours a month. The thing which really irritated me is that nobody seems to care.
I would not be irritated even if that delegate worked 5 minutes a month but still delivered something useful.

Nice summary? All he is  trying to do is dress up dilution to pay for stuff which Peertracks should've been paying for. With even you approving, it seems that Moonstone PR is working well; now if only BTS got such good spin doctors.
All I am saying is that as long as Peertracks is not our competitor, our business is called BitShares, and not the relationship between Bitsapphire and Peertracks.

sumantso

Very nice summary .. thanks for posting

sumantso

Is it just me, or does it seem like a lot of forum members have had a particularly sandy crotch the past few days?

Everybody love everybody.   :-*

LOL - True, people seem particularly irritated these days!   :P

Yeah, I'm not sure why.  People are really angry this week, lol!

I for one am unhappy that we are paying a full delegate to work for 6.5 hours a month. The thing which really irritated me is that nobody seems to care.