Author Topic: [ANN] Moonstone.io development and crowdfunder diary  (Read 87568 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

So what is happening here? Any cool mockups to share from the past few months of dev?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
If that's the case then anyone buying would have no agreement of payback like was outlined in the crowdfund.. right?
They do!! .. at least it seams that way ... @Taulant is still selling MOONTOKENs and will need to buy them back eventually .. the DEX cannot distinguish between pre- and post-deadline ..

can I still buy MOONFUND in bitshares?
Yes you can .. and the network does not distinguish between those then others .. they are all the same .. they just don't count for the moonstone crowdfunding goal
If that's the case then anyone buying would have no agreement of payback like was outlined in the crowdfund.. right?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Yes you can .. and the network does not distinguish between those then others .. they are all the same .. they just don't count for the moonstone crowdfunding goal

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags
what the plan next?

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Why are you still selling MOONFUND on BitShares market?
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline Yao

• View Profile
  • BitShares: yao
  • GitHub: imYao
Has peertracks donated to moonstone as promised?

No. Peertracks decided to go with an integrated wallet interface instead (build by Bitsapphire). I can't disclose much more than that unfortunately. Nonetheless, Moonstone will work with MUSIC tokens once the chain is online.

I was told back then once the crowdfund ended, it would take more or less  a month for the wallet to be released, will we have it by mid July?

That's still our plan. Obviously some things have changed due to the Bitshares 2.0 announcement. Our current plan is to release the almost completely functional app within the same timeline as originally announced, and then release the final production ready version with Bitshares 2.0 integration asap. Obviously, the referral program is potentially a game-changer for our business model.
Nice!

来自我的 SM-N9002 上的 Tapatalk

Offline onceuponatime

I remember hearing something about Bitsapphire looking into providing white listing services.
Can anyone point me to information about that.

#12 MoonStone - The application layer begins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-sDU-ooXq-E&index=1&list=PLjgfpSQFJTLqbgHm8mkgPdD-ma7t0bRhK

(starts at 36 min. 52 sec.)
« Last Edit: July 01, 2015, 10:53:13 pm by onceuponatime »

Offline MrJeans

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mrjeans
I remember hearing something about Bitsapphire looking into providing white listing services.
Can anyone point me to information about that.

EDIT: @onceuponatime. Thanks!
« Last Edit: July 02, 2015, 10:53:46 am by MrJeans »

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile
Yeah.. I don't think this is what will happen.
I don't either, it's hard to sell the ROI on open-sourcing back-ends of platforms.
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

We were able to reach 23,027 USD of our planned 130.000 USD fundraiser goal.

Now we elect a Moonstone "worker" that will sit in the worker que collecting fees, converting them to BitUSD, and paying off the remaining 107,000 ButUSD so the team can release the rest of the code under the MIT license. 

It is my understandin that they only have to pay off the  23,027 USD that they collected. Since the crowdfunder didn't reach it's objective, the consequence is that the wallet backend will be licensed for anyone who wants it for commercial uses (instead of free to use - which mught have brought in more developers and is why I donated to the project)..

He means that they were $107k short; to get them $107k we should elect a worker so that they can release it open source. That is in addition to the $23k they already collected
Yeah.. I don't think this is what will happen.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline maqifrnswa

• View Profile

Now we elect a Moonstone "worker" that will sit in the worker que collecting fees, converting them to BitUSD, and paying off the remaining 107,000 ButUSD so the team can release the rest of the code under the MIT license. 

It is my understandin that they only have to pay off the  23,027 USD that they collected. Since the crowdfunder didn't reach it's objective, the consequence is that the wallet backend will be licensed for anyone who wants it for commercial uses (instead of free to use - which mught have brought in more developers and is why I donated to the project)..

He means that they were $107k short; to get them $107k we should elect a worker so that they can release it open source. That is in addition to the $23k they already collected
maintains an Ubuntu PPA: https://launchpad.net/~showard314/+archive/ubuntu/bitshares [15% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval maqifrnswa true [50% delegate] wallet_account_set_approval delegate1.maqifrnswa true

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Now moonstone should buy $23k worth of BTS with the funds, wait until its worth $130k, and then release with the MIT license. :P
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline onceuponatime

It is my understanding that they only have to pay off the  23,027 USD that they collected. Since the crowdfunder didn't reach it's objective, the consequence is that the wallet backend will be licensed for anyone who wants it for commercial uses (instead of free to use - which mught have brought in more developers and is why I donated to the project)..
« Last Edit: June 25, 2015, 10:36:32 pm by onceuponatime »

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Has peertracks donated to moonstone as promised?

No. Peertracks decided to go with an integrated wallet interface instead (build by Bitsapphire). I can't disclose much more than that unfortunately. Nonetheless, Moonstone will work with MUSIC tokens once the chain is online.

I was told back then once the crowdfund ended, it would take more or less  a month for the wallet to be released, will we have it by mid July?

That's still our plan. Obviously some things have changed due to the Bitshares 2.0 announcement. Our current plan is to release the almost completely functional app within the same timeline as originally announced, and then release the final production ready version with Bitshares 2.0 integration asap. Obviously, the referral program is potentially a game-changer for our business model.

will you act as a registrar for the referral system? eg. will affiliates be able to send people to your wallet and earn %?