Author Topic: How many people are dispointed with recent bugs  (Read 10173 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc

lzr1900

Offline lastagile

• View Profile
Another bug comes up.!!! Very disappointed.

Offline karnal

• View Profile
I've had to re-download the entire blockchain at least 6 times now, excluding the next one (upon upgrading to 0.7.0, most of my balance simply vanished..), had the program repeatedly crash, it's hung on some random block while syncing countless times...

You're doing something wrong.  I've had Bitshares installed since release and I never had any issues. there were maybe 3 minor releases where it wouldn't sync and they were patched within a day or two.  The transition from 0.6.2 > 0.7 > 0.8 was flawless too. Maybe you're using unsupported OS?

Pretty vanilla Ubuntu, installed just for this 8)

Offline triox

• View Profile
  • BitShares: triox
I've had to re-download the entire blockchain at least 6 times now, excluding the next one (upon upgrading to 0.7.0, most of my balance simply vanished..), had the program repeatedly crash, it's hung on some random block while syncing countless times...

You're doing something wrong.  I've had Bitshares installed since release and I never had any issues. there were maybe 3 minor releases where it wouldn't sync and they were patched within a day or two.  The transition from 0.6.2 > 0.7 > 0.8 was flawless too. Maybe you're using unsupported OS?

Offline testz

Old bugs are even worse.

The Check for Updates menu item has never worked.
Someone opened a bug on it, and it was closed immediately. The developer talked his way around fixing it.

The install takes a massive amount of memory, or it crashes and get stuck and never recovers.
Search for Stuck here - 82 threads about the installer or blockchain sync getting stuck.
Its been that way for over a year.

New users just leave if the program doesn't work after you install it.

Did you try 0.8.1?
Check for Updates menu designed to update only the web GUI.

Offline gnarl

• View Profile
Old bugs are even worse.

The Check for Updates menu item has never worked.
Someone opened a bug on it, and it was closed immediately. The developer talked his way around fixing it.

The install takes a massive amount of memory, or it crashes and get stuck and never recovers.
Search for Stuck here - 82 threads about the installer or blockchain sync getting stuck.
Its been that way for over a year.

New users just leave if the program doesn't work after you install it.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
focus on development and technology... not price

everything will work itself out in the end. i'm not disappointed with the bugs by any means. lets be supportive of the development crew, because with their hard work and determination BTS will prevail.
Agreed

Offline 8-bit

• View Profile
focus on development and technology... not price

everything will work itself out in the end. i'm not disappointed with the bugs by any means. lets be supportive of the development crew, because with their hard work and determination BTS will prevail.

Offline oldman

• View Profile
At this stage I don't care about bugs tbh. wait until 1.0 and then start to riot :D

That being said, I will HODL BTS until a) I can quit my day job b) they're worthless and I try not to cry- cry a lot

Hodling to $1, divesting 25%, holding to $10, divesting 25%, holding to $100 divesting 25%.

The rest can go to my kids and grandkids.

Alternatively, hodling to $0 and divesting 0%...

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
It seems that a lot of people are used/addicted to all those bitcoin shitcoin clones out there that change two variable values in the code and the color of the wallet UI and they call this "innovation".
Do you guys know how much time it takes just to make a simple game? Are you expecting a world changing and complex software to be developed in one single year?

+5% +5% +5%
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline fuzzy

At this stage I don't care about bugs tbh. wait until 1.0 and then start to riot :D

That being said, I will HODL BTS until a) I can quit my day job b) they're worthless and I try not to cry- cry a lot

Same.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav

Tuck Fheman

Offline roselee

• View Profile
To me it's not disappointment as much as frustration. I've played with a lot of altcoins, several of them with much added functionality, and the amount of bugs has been a) minimal and b) nondisruptive.

And in general, over the years I've messed around with alpha and beta quality software, development/HEAD, and simply have not run into half the trouble I've had with BitShares.

For the time being I'm still on the boat but serious doubts are beginning to rise. I would definitely NOT recommend BitShares to anyone right now; I have the motivation and patience to work things out, most people don't, won't, and at any rate, it'd be silly to expect that of them.

The QT wallet seems to be alpha quality at best right now. Maybe I got the wrong impression, but I thought it was somewhat ready for general consumption. It isn't.
Have you tried the bitcoin wallet back in 2009? Or are you comparing a 5 year old software toolkit with 100s of developers with bitshares' 1yr with some 15 devs? Do you consider this a fair comparison? Take a look at btc ... does the wallet support asset trading? i guesa not .. because the blockchain doesn't support it .. at all ..
lol so true
 :D