Author Topic: How many people are dispointed with recent bugs  (Read 10057 times)

Offline oldman

• View Profile

Have you tried the bitcoin wallet back in 2009? Or are you comparing a 5 year old software toolkit with 100s of developers with bitshares' 1yr with some 15 devs? Do you consider this a fair comparison? Take a look at btc ... does the wallet support asset trading? i guesa not .. because the blockchain doesn't support it .. at all ..

This.

Offline Methodise

Sooo many people struggling with nightmareish bugs.

That's a contrarian buy signal.

BTS: methodise

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile

the team can not make it good to support user do some business on it.

That's an attempt to predict teh future, no? 

The BitShares client is still in Beta, so until v1.0 is released we won't be able to accurately say what the client can or can't accomplish.

"HEY! YOU UP THERE!!! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO BUSINESS IN THIS?!!!"
bitshares have heavy history burden, so it is hard for bitshares to go fast. I think this is the problem. The competition just starts, how can bitshares will survive like this. If there is no Titian, no history that so many other DAC and merge, bitshares will have much few things to consinder than now, and can concentrate on the most important things.

从我的 iPhone 发送,使用 Tapatalk

chryspano

It seems that a lot of people are used/addicted to all those bitcoin shitcoin clones out there that change two variable values in the code and the color of the wallet UI and they call this "innovation".

Do you guys know how much time it takes just to make a simple game? Are you expecting a world changing and complex software to be developed in one single year?

Yes, Elephantcoin and SuperDuperWowCoin probably have fewer bugs than Bitshares, anyone wants to buy some of those?

At this point I dont' give a f@$% about the "bugs".

Tuck Fheman

the team can not make it good to support user do some business on it.

That's an attempt to predict teh future, no? 

The BitShares client is still in Beta, so until v1.0 is released we won't be able to accurately say what the client can or can't accomplish.

"HEY! YOU UP THERE!!! HOW AM I SUPPOSED TO DO BUSINESS IN THIS?!!!"

Offline karnal

• View Profile
All software has bugs, but we cannot ignore that with all the marketing/promotion being done, getting new people onboard who then immediately become disillusioned with the instability of the software is not going to give any of us any plus points.

You know, I work in IT as well, I can appreciate the complexity of what's being made here.. I build more complex stuff for a living. But when really simple stuff goes south/does not work as advertised, and does so repeatedly... I mean, no exaggeration, I've had to re-download the entire blockchain at least 6 times now, excluding the next one (upon upgrading to 0.7.0, most of my balance simply vanished..), had the program repeatedly crash, it's hung on some random block while syncing countless times...

Essentially, the sort of stuff one'd hope the developers figured out while testing/doing QA. It seems hard to miss such issues!

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
To me it's not disappointment as much as frustration. I've played with a lot of altcoins, several of them with much added functionality, and the amount of bugs has been a) minimal and b) nondisruptive.

And in general, over the years I've messed around with alpha and beta quality software, development/HEAD, and simply have not run into half the trouble I've had with BitShares.

For the time being I'm still on the boat but serious doubts are beginning to rise. I would definitely NOT recommend BitShares to anyone right now; I have the motivation and patience to work things out, most people don't, won't, and at any rate, it'd be silly to expect that of them.

The QT wallet seems to be alpha quality at best right now. Maybe I got the wrong impression, but I thought it was somewhat ready for general consumption. It isn't.
Have you tried the bitcoin wallet back in 2009? Or are you comparing a 5 year old software toolkit with 100s of developers with bitshares' 1yr with some 15 devs? Do you consider this a fair comparison? Take a look at btc ... does the wallet support asset trading? i guesa not .. because the blockchain doesn't support it .. at all ..

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
I didn't sold any of my BTS when back in December the network crashed for 2 days and I had to stay up between the devs and the exchanges and I could've just lost everything due to forks (back then I had not concept of "robustness" at forks  ) .

Guess I'm not scared now for this .....
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline gamey

• View Profile

Instead of HODL we are HOLP. 

Combination of help/hope/hold.
I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline karnal

• View Profile
To me it's not disappointment as much as frustration. I've played with a lot of altcoins, several of them with much added functionality, and the amount of bugs has been a) minimal and b) nondisruptive.

And in general, over the years I've messed around with alpha and beta quality software, development/HEAD, and simply have not run into half the trouble I've had with BitShares.

For the time being I'm still on the boat but serious doubts are beginning to rise. I would definitely NOT recommend BitShares to anyone right now; I have the motivation and patience to work things out, most people don't, won't, and at any rate, it'd be silly to expect that of them.

The QT wallet seems to be alpha quality at best right now. Maybe I got the wrong impression, but I thought it was somewhat ready for general consumption. It isn't.

Offline vikram

I also have some asset locked. Because The active key was not generated.
Have you notified the devs via github about this?

Pretty sure the active key bug was fixed some weeks ago and was originally scheduled to come with 0.7.0 (before it was renamed 0.8.0). My problem is also due to the active key not being generated. All we can do is wait for the next release. It really sucks.

Yes active key regeneration bug should be fixed in the next non-emergency upgrade.

Offline roselee

• View Profile
so there will soon be a 0.8. version ?
gosh i spend 2 days updating to 0.7.

(knocking my head on the desk )

i love bts but hate to update wallets

Offline lastagile

• View Profile
Yes. As the 0.7 is an emergency release not included the solution

Offline nomoreheroes7

• King of all the land
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: nomoreheroes7

Pretty sure the active key bug was fixed some weeks ago and was originally scheduled to come with 0.7.0 (before it was renamed 0.8.0). My problem is also due to the active key not being generated. All we can do is wait for the next release. It really sucks.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc