Author Topic: Hangout Questions for Bytemaster (Due Friday @ 10:00am EST)  (Read 2873 times)

Offline fuzzy

what about a "Ask bytemaster or devs questions" and a answer thread who only the needed people can write, so no nonsense on the answer thread

I think it is a good idea, but I have no clue what is going to happen with the PR group.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
what about a "Ask bytemaster or devs questions" and a answer thread who only the needed people can write, so no nonsense on the answer thread

Offline fuzzy

With the questions in this thread fuzzy you have your work cut out for you to distill them down use the least amount of time and get as many put before BM as you can.

I think luckybit's suggestion has good merit, that Stan do 30 after Dan.  +5%

As for me, I'll echo roadmap, roadmap, roadmap. When will we get one?

I used to use reddit to enable the community to vote them up/down, but noone ever used it so I have since stopped using it.  This is not intended to be based on my choice of what is an important question---I love the community, BitShares and most of all DPoS, but I am as biased as anyone.  The intent is to empower the community to choose. 

However, if I must pick...I will!

Offline Thom

With the questions in this thread fuzzy you have your work cut out for you to distill them down use the least amount of time and get as many put before BM as you can.

I think luckybit's suggestion has good merit, that Stan do 30 after Dan.  +5%

As for me, I'll echo roadmap, roadmap, roadmap. When will we get one?
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
What is the expected time for the short bug fix? Any update would be appreciated.
Thx
it is fixed already with 0.8.*
hardfork has happend. so please update to 0.8.* and the short bug will be gone!

Offline owsi623317

• View Profile
What is the expected time for the short bug fix? Any update would be appreciated.
Thx

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
Two questions:
1) What are your thoughts on the new SEC ruling which legalizes equity crowdfunding?
2) Are there any long term plans for implementing proof of resource so that a market can be created around secure storage of data? We need some way to generate income through the DAC so that we can keep buying BTS but also so we can have decentralized storage for our ecosystem.

Choose either question or both. I'm just interested in what Bytemaster has to say about future opportunities.

Questions were asked for the last week session but not answered  - https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=15074.0.  Any reason?

Time Contraints.  I try to ask as many as I can toward the end of the hangout.  BM stated during the hangout he would like to keep them to 30 minutes from now on instead of an hour, but it does not give much time to cover the community's questions.  I would prefer to have a period of time allotted for questions of community members who cannot attend, but it comes down to BM's decision to stay and answer them.  I am not altogether certain where the pressure is coming from to cut the length down, however.

I think it might be a good idea to do 1 hour but have Stan take over after Dan answers the primary questions. I think we need someone who can help get the community fired up about future possibilities but we also need Dan who can answer certain questions only he can answer.

Where are we going from here? With the latest news happening what opportunities will there be in 2015? 2016? 2017? If we want people to be long term holders we need to discuss the long term vision.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 02:17:31 pm by luckybit »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Is it possible to implement a multi level affiliate system / revenue generation? Proposal: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=15265.0

Offline davidpbrown

Is DevShares still expected to be useful?.. I wonder it's something that is expected to be useful rather than something that is being useful. I don't mind but if it's not worthwhile that would be useful to know for those us running DVS without any real income from a BTS delegate to compensate.

Perhaps off topic but the Preview of Recent Posts disappeared from the forum in January and there's not been a clear reply who actioned that or why. I don't know if that's part of PR making communication harder but would be great to have it back as it's time consuming seeing what is current in subforums beyond /general.

While many people expect overnight success and get frustrated, I tend to prefer the inverse approach and plan for worst case and enjoy the difference. Given the PR approach now, it would be great to have a roadmap and milestones set out in the way that MaidSafe do eg http://maidsafe.net/roadmap#/testnet2 and to see BitShares learn from their experience and the way they can communicate a clear vision (see https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=15217.0 ). In the event that BitShares takes another couple of years to take off, it will be important to have solid steps documented and visible in order to maintain support. Little bits of positive news over a long period have a big effect and such a roadmap might be a quick win. My sense is that it'll take another year for the likes of uk.gov to unblock complications like banks frustrating blockchian technology and for businesses then to feel confident to invest in a big way. That said challenging whoever is now in charge of PR to raise the public profile of BitShares, might be important.. excuses that the product is not 1.0 and perfect are not really good enough where other projects that are less developed are catching people's imagination widely. We cannot rely on the marketcap alone to catch new users.. what is being done to get new users on board??

If no time on the hangout, perhaps a run of FAQs can be answered directly in the forum?.. rubber stamped and endorsed of course by the real power that is PR!?
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 10:49:31 am by davidpbrown »
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline fuzzy

Questions were asked for the last week session but not answered  - https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=15074.0.  Any reason?

Time Contraints.  I try to ask as many as I can toward the end of the hangout.  BM stated during the hangout he would like to keep them to 30 minutes from now on instead of an hour, but it does not give much time to cover the community's questions.  I would prefer to have a period of time allotted for questions of community members who cannot attend, but it comes down to BM's decision to stay and answer them.  I am not altogether certain where the pressure is coming from to cut the length down, however.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline fuzzy

« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 04:00:34 pm by fuzzy »

Offline Shentist

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
    • metaexchange
  • BitShares: shentist
How can we create

bitDOGE
bitLTC
etc.

so a pegged asset with 4 or 3 chars (costs 500.000 BTS each) without this huge costs. So do we have a way to create them without a hardfork or do we need to choose long words DOGECOIN, LITECOIN etc. (seems not good!)

I think it would be a great move to get in contact with other crypto communitys, especially after we want to be a decentralized exchange.

Offline fuzzy

« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 04:00:21 pm by fuzzy »