Author Topic: Thoughts on a basic client with no exchange functionality?  (Read 982 times)

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
the lightwallet currently only has send and receive functionality
OK i have not looked at this recently - is that usable, or still in testing, and is it stable, or likely to have frequent mandatory updates like the full client as it builds in exchange functionality?

I was originally thinking just take the current full client and strip it down to transfer functionality, because I assume all the development work is on exchange-related functionality. If it only ever maintained transfer functionality, such a basic client should only require an upgrade very rarely, if at all, until everything else is more stable.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 10:59:23 pm by starspirit »

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
the lightwallet currently only has send and receive functionality

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
I was wondering if it might be worthwhile having a basic client available just for holding and transferring functions on a private wallet. This would allow casual users and BTS investors to maintain a simple unchanging client while the development work and upgrades continue on the full service client. It would provide extra security of funds over the online wallet, while still allowing users to transfer to/from external exchanges when needed and make switches between bitAssets and BTS via exchangers such as metaexchange. Any views?