Author Topic: I don't want to buy Bitshares  (Read 3241 times)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
I do agree that BitBTC/BitUSD is an important market, since it would give Bitcoin speculators an easy way to "park" value in a more stable asset and that it should be highlighted if we have or can get some good market makers operating for it.

I agree.  In fact, it might be a decent idea to have a dedicated light weight bitBTC:bitUSD wallet for this exact purchase and market it to BTC fans.

Moonstone on the way.

maybe with moonstone it will be possible to have a dedicated app for BTC uses that has the markets denominated with bitBTC as 'base' instead of BTS .. that would be cool

Offline bitmarket

• View Profile
    • BitShares TV
I do agree that BitBTC/BitUSD is an important market, since it would give Bitcoin speculators an easy way to "park" value in a more stable asset and that it should be highlighted if we have or can get some good market makers operating for it.

I agree.  In fact, it might be a decent idea to have a dedicated light weight bitBTC:bitUSD wallet for this exact purchase and market it to BTC fans.

Moonstone on the way.
Host of BitShares.TV and Author of BitShares 101

Offline yellowecho

696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
You can.  Its not easy to find though.  You have to search for " bitUSD:bitBTC  "  in the market search under featured markets.
searching for bitBTC:bitUSD will not give any results.

Why isn't it featured? Why aren't we all using it now?

svk/valentine I know that there is a huge redesign in the newlayout_market branch that will add these to the featured page, but can we just have a quick fix for this in the meantime? Everyone wants to get this market going!

This could have gone into 0.8 or 0.8.1
« Last Edit: March 25, 2015, 09:33:56 pm by speedy »

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
So you want to use the cross markets then like BitBTC:BitUSD ?

That is what we all want. Why can't we do this?

In specific in the Bitshares client why can't we trade BitBTC:BitUSD? Can someone explain why we are trading BTS:BitUSD and BTS:BitBTC? No one wants to trade BTS and BitBTS. We want to trade BitFiat for BitBTC.

You can.  Its not easy to find though.  You have to search for " bitUSD:bitBTC  "  in the market search under featured markets.

I can't answer for the wallet, but I can say that we see far more purchases of BTS than BitUSD at blocktrades.us. So I suspect there is simply more interest in market speculation than in a stable place to hold value among the core user base right now (or else they don't trust USD to hold value at the moment), although the above posts make it clear that it's not true for everyone here. Also, I'm not sure how liquid bitBTC is currently.

http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

In specific in the Bitshares client why can't we trade BitBTC:BitUSD? Can someone explain why we are trading BTS:BitUSD and BTS:BitBTC? No one wants to trade BTS and BitBTS. We want to trade BitFiat for BitBTC.

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Xeldal

Offline mint chocolate chip

BINGO!

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline dannotestein

• View Profile
    • BlockTrades International
  • BitShares: btsnow
http://blocktrades.us Fast/Safe/High-Liquidity Crypto Coin Converter

Offline onceuponatime

I don't want to buy Bitshares, all I want is to buy/sell BitUSD for Bitcoin, or some other asset for Bitcoin.

Here you go:     https://metaexchange.info/markets/BTC/bitUSD

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy

Offline bluebit

• View Profile
I don't want to buy Bitshares, all I want is to buy/sell BitUSD for Bitcoin, or some other asset for Bitcoin.
BTSX TipMe: bluebit