Author Topic: Keyhotee & Spam  (Read 2807 times)

Offline coolspeed

• View Profile
    • My Blog
Whether POW systems can actually solve a particular denial-of-service issue such as the spam problem is subject to debate; the system must make sending spam emails obtrusively unproductive for the spammer, but should also not prevent legitimate users from sending their messages.
(Wikipedia)

(How) did you solve it?

POW is expensive, especially to batch. In fact, when bitcoin is introduced, some engineers of the anti-spam field have found that the similar technics can be used in that.

POW bring us a world with damping.
Please vote for  delegate.coolspeed    dac.coolspeed
BTS account: coolspeed
Sina Weibo:@coolspeed

Offline Gekko

• Lunch is for wimps........ Greed is good.
    • View Profile
Whether POW systems can actually solve a particular denial-of-service issue such as the spam problem is subject to debate; the system must make sending spam emails obtrusively unproductive for the spammer, but should also not prevent legitimate users from sending their messages.
(Wikipedia)

(How) did you solve it?

Offline bytemaster

Messages require proof of work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
For the latest updates checkout my blog: http://bytemaster.bitshares.org
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract between myself and anyone else.   These are merely my opinions and I reserve the right to change them at any time.

Offline Gekko

• Lunch is for wimps........ Greed is good.
    • View Profile
As I'm not exactly sure how Keyhotee is going to handle things I was wondering if spamming (spam mails) would be possible in that system?
Everybody can create as much IDs as he wants (right?). These IDs don't have a big reputation in the beginning - but can be used to send mail (right?). You can send messages to everybody by just knowing their Keyhotee-IDs - or even easier: by just using a dictionary.
Is there going to be a feature like a spam filter (maybe filtering by sender-ID "reputation level")?
How does Keyhotee handle spam?