Author Topic: QORA  (Read 23556 times)

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
No thank you.  :)

In my biased opinion, anyone buying anything else than bts right now must be crazy!

How's that working out for you? :)

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
If I may add - BURST has a totally cool mining algorithm, and the best distribution I've ever seen, since the difference of hard drive space across users is not that big.

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
Hey Ander, I'm spending ALL of my time and my own money to help BitShares in every way I can. And here you are on our forum trying to get readers to invest spare cash in a competing project?

How about putting at least a modicum of effort into promoting BTS to the world?

Yeah, I know that you are claiming that we can use profits from your "opportunity" to reinvest in bitshares in the near future - but I call bullshit. Dividing the community's attention and efforts is no way to further this project.

This is a trading discussion. Totally legit place for it.

Offline onceuponatime

Hey Ander, I'm spending ALL of my time and my own money to help BitShares in every way I can. And here you are on our forum trying to get readers to invest spare cash in a competing project?

How about putting at least a modicum of effort into promoting BTS to the world?

Yeah, I know that you are claiming that we can use profits from your "opportunity" to reinvest in bitshares in the near future - but I call bullshit. Dividing the community's attention and efforts is no way to further this project.

chryspano

No thank you.  :)

In my biased opinion, anyone buying anything else than bts right now must be crazy!

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I think there are many good reasons to think that the coin QORA might be in for a huge rise in the coming months.  (Not talking about making 100% here.  We are talking about making 10x or even more). 

Now, I know BTS is really low right now.  I still have all my BTS, and I am not advocating people sell BTS right now.  But we all probably have some fiat, and some BTC, and some other coins, and we can look for some ways to invest those in something that will rise.  Lets face it, diversification has benefits (imagine if you had diversified in various coins a few months back.  You couldve sold ripple and darkcoin at now high prices to get more BTS!) 

So lets talk about QORA.  What is it?

Its a proof of stake variant coin, written entirely from scratch (not based on any other crypto), which has a number of powerful features.
QORA has assets, it has proposal voting, and it is about to have automated transactions (turing complete scripting) added. 
Automated Transactions: http://ciyam.org/at/at.html
QORA and Burst are on track to be the first two coins to have this feature, and it allows developers to create and run scripts.
QORA is on track to be the first coin to have atomic cross chain transfer capability:  http://ciyam.org/at/at_atomic.html

The coin is now open source, and has been verified as being not based on any other code base.
Oh yeah, and the creator is probably the creator of NXT.  (Thats the rumor at least, and the dev acts exactly like the mysterious NXT creator, and also left several hints that he was the same person). 

Alright, so QORA has some features.  Does it have the potential that Bitshares does?  No.  We all know market pegged assets is a big deal, and DPoS is a big deal.
But the crucial difference is that QORA's market cap is only 1% of BTS market cap.   That means that however much moeny you hav in BTS, you can put just 1% of that amount into QORA and have the same percentage stake. 

So why so cheap, if it has these features?  Is this some dead shitcoin?
No.  Its only priced like one.

We have all experienced BTS going through hell recently.  Bter going down and having just btc38 as a major exchange.  The market short order bug, the whales selling, the PR blunders, and so on.

As horrible as all that is, QORA has had it much worse, and is more beaten down, recently being down 98% from its high in dollar terms. 
First of all, the developer left.  The poloniex exchange couldnt get the wallet to work correctly without his help, and has had QORA disabled for months, and then bter went down.  This left 0 working exchanges for QORA and no developer.   You would think that would be *the end*, right?   This is why the price got down to 5 satoshis (as Bter returned but QORA could not be withdrawn yet, and everyone dumped it like mad to get their money out).  The website even was taken down for a while.

But the communtiy organized, and found a new dev, who recruited another dev, and now there is a whole team of devs who just started working on QORA. 
From zero devs to a half dozen within weeks, QORA has returned from the grave.

There is now a QORA team assembled, with 6 devs (five new devs plus the missing founder Qora, who posted that he regrets not having the time to work on it now but hopes to return in the future.

The QORA team: from https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=881230.msg10877790#msg10877790
Founder
Qora

Core Developers
Vrontis
Skerberus
scriptmastr - mobile developer

Core Contributors
vbcs - AT developer / maintainer
ca333 - Security expert - external support

Marketing and support
twistelaar - community management
agran - block explorer developer
dzarmush - graphics designer
Cyberian Forest - marketing / community updates
twospirit - marketing / community updates

There is now a new, redesigned website, there is a new wallet release coming soon which should fix the poloniex exchange's issues, automated transactions are coming, a forum is coming, and there is a community marketing team forming, and a slack group created for planning, which is now active.  QORA is also going to be added to the AlcurEX exchange.

Once a coin worth millions of dollars in the summer of 2014 based on its potential, with just one single dev and no features yet developed, QORA is now worth less than 1/10 of that price with a full team of devs and new features almost ready for release. 

Maybe that sounds kindof like Bitshares right now.  But there is a difference.  QORA has broken out of its downtrend and has begun to rise, with major announcements and good news coming soon.  (Except that literally NO ONE knows about them yet, because the QORA communtiy is absolutely tiny right now, and for months has only be one thread on bitcointalk. 

QORA hit bottom at ~5 satoshis in november (when bitcoins were $400).
After rising to 20 on some good news that the developer was back and was converting the coin to open source, and Automated Transactions were on the way, the price then retested the 5 satoshi level (with bitcoin even lower at 250), this month.  in the aftermath of every terrible thing I mentioned early.  The price held again and has begun to rise.  There is very, very little overhead resistance left, as all the bears already dumped their QORA on bter when it opened, and the true believers have been withdrawing all their coins from the exchanges.  Bter's holdings of QORA have dwindled greatly as there community pulls it all into their wallets to wait. 

I hope that it will be some of us in the Bitshares community that profits the most from this coming rise.  Another undervalued, feature heavy, proof of stake variant coin, that no one knows about.  (And while we gripe that no one knows about Bitshares, there is seriously NO ONE out there who knows about QORA). 

Bitshares is going to be low for a while.  First it needs to break this downtrend and go sideways.  Then it is going to have to retest the bottom, and only after that will it begin to rise.  This is a process that takes months.  We have PTS vesting shares begin dumped, and paid delegates having to sell to pay the bills, and all these things drag Bitshares down.  We are in a consolidation period now, where the Bitshares community is shrinking, and those of us who remain are accumulating larger stakes at low prices.  That process will need to play out.  Downtrends are hard to break, and it will take a lot of new money coming from us months down the line before we absorb all the shares from the bears, and break out again. 

I hope that we can all make some profit off this QORA opportunity, and use it to revive the Bitshares price in the future.  QORA is right now exactly where we wish Bitshares was.  Utterly beaten down (imagine if Bitshares market cap had fallen to $3 million - that is the percentage decline we are talking about).  Found a bottom, begun to rise, and with many positive factors pointing upward again.  And hopefully we can all hold on to some QORA long term as well, and support this deserving but unknown coin.

Note: QORA does not appear on Coinmarketcap anymore because its only exchange now is bter, and CMC no longer counts bter.  Yet another reason it is unknown and undervalued!
If you wish to buy QORA, deposit at bter -> buy QORA -> withdraw QORA.  Do NOT leave it there.  Don't trust bter again for more than 10 minutes, keep your coins in your wallet!
Latest QORA wallet is at: http://qora.org/

(Note: QORA has traded in a recent range of 5 to 7 sats recently.  I expect this to change SOON).

Go Bitshares, and Go QORA!
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads