Author Topic: Can I find a similar news anywhere ? (about project Diaspora on Kickstarter)  (Read 935 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I found a lot of references to their rise and failure.. but not with quotes like that.

I am going to guess they may have come from one of the guys book he published.  http://www.usnews.com/opinion/articles/2014/11/06/the-rise-and-fall-of-diaspora-would-be-facebook-challenger

Hope someone else is more successful than I.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
I was doing research on crowd-funding and kickstarter projects in order to write some stuff for www.bts.hk  ,  and one story (Chinese language)  was found .
But I want to see the original source (English) myself in order to understand more about this project .

I translated it into English , if any of you happened to see a similar report , please let me know .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Diaspora is a project started by 4 college students . Its goal is to develop an open social network that can be used to replace Facebook . The original fund raising goal was 10000 USD , but finally 6500 people had invested in it , the total investment was more than 200,000 USD . And yet three years later , they still couldn't release an public version of Diaspora , and had handed the code to those who are willing to continue the work .

Max Salzberg , one of the team members , stated that they've been bothered by additional stuff . including replying emails , and making T-shirts for donators . That finally lead to lack of time to do actual coding .  He said : We thought this was a project that can be finished in a summer vacation  . We developed the website base on our belief , but dealing with the relationships with many people confuses us . We were not prepared for that kind of situation .

Max Salzberg also said , the most unacceptable thing of all , was that the outside world thinks they were wasting money . He said , it sounds like a lot of money , and people would always ask : Where is the money ?  But the reality is , in two years , we the four people had been scraping by .

He said , the viral spread of this project brings negative influence . It was a chaos .
« Last Edit: March 26, 2015, 01:54:31 pm by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.