Author Topic: BitShares - Safer than a Swiss Bank  (Read 4626 times)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
#1 BitShares - Be your own Bank

#2 BitShares - Own your Identity

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
BitShares
Business, Investors, Decentralized.

BitShares
Wall Street, Decentralized.

BitShares
Investors & Savers, Decentralized.

BitShares
Your Crypto Exchange, Decentralized.

BitShares
Your Assets, Decentralized.

BitShares
Nothing beats crypto-income.

kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline davidpbrown

Better than comparing BitShares to others, is to find a way to express it on its own terms.
Perhaps something that makes claim to the market it wants to pwn.

"BitShares - Finance on the Blockchain"... is as much as my imagination can kick out right now. "BitShares - Finance done right"... yeah, I need coffee.

If there was one slogan that everyone used, that might help brand recognition... and done right could limit competitors claim on the same.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Devs are working their assess off and laying down code like crazy.
The seed was planted, now the roots are growing. Patience.

+5% +5% +5%
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline yellowecho

This is an excellent marketing line for the masses due to western media/Hollywood hype (though most investors know Swiss banks are no longer 'safe' in the sense of being private or solvent).

"Safer than a Swiss Bank" is guaranteed to get attention, grab headlines, cause controversy etc.

But Bitshares (as mentioned previously, Bitshares 1.0 or 2.0) is the real deal and is absolutely a better place to store wealth than a Swiss bank (or most any Western bank practicing fractional reserve lending).

I think it would be great to throw this out via some careful plants in interviews, forums and a few banners once 1.0 is out and the mm bots have created some depth on the books.

To those calling Stan 'delusional' and using other derogatory language - back the sweet fuck down, please. This forum is no place for ignorance.

Everyone is getting a bit edgy as the cap is dropping and the devs have stopped babysitting the community in favour of, well, developing.

We are, presumably, all adults that have completed appropriate due diligence prior to investing a dime in this project.

If so, we all know Bitshares will succeed or fail on a 3-5 year horizon, not a 3-5 day/week/month horizon.

;)
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
This is an excellent marketing line for the masses due to western media/Hollywood hype (though most investors know Swiss banks are no longer 'safe' in the sense of being private or solvent).

"Safer than a Swiss Bank" is guaranteed to get attention, grab headlines, cause controversy etc.

But Bitshares (as mentioned previously, Bitshares 1.0 or 2.0) is the real deal and is absolutely a better place to store wealth than a Swiss bank (or most any Western bank practicing fractional reserve lending).

I think it would be great to throw this out via some careful plants in interviews, forums and a few banners once 1.0 is out and the mm bots have created some depth on the books.

To those calling Stan 'delusional' and using other derogatory language - back the sweet fuck down, please. This forum is no place for ignorance.

Everyone is getting a bit edgy as the cap is dropping and the devs have stopped babysitting the community in favour of, well, developing.

We are, presumably, all adults that have completed appropriate due diligence prior to investing a dime in this project.

If so, we all know Bitshares will succeed or fail on a 3-5 year horizon, not a 3-5 day/week/month horizon.

Can't agree more!

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
I am not advocating telling people that a beta product is Safer than a Swiss Bank while it is still under development.

Thats probably a good thing, because apparently everyone outside of the bitshares faithful who saw that slogan thought it was ridiculous.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline yellowecho

Let's face it... banks are unfair.  So BitShare!
Why use a bank that just doesn't care when you can BitShare???
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline oldman

• View Profile

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

When I'm experimenting with marketing slogans, I'm presuming the thing we are marketing is Ready for Prime Time.  I am not advocating telling people that a beta product is Safer than a Swiss Bank while it is still under development.
(Although, knowing what I know about the global banking system, it may well be)

It's always hard to separate "what is" from "what surely will be".

A major reason to use BitShares for the average person is because it will compete favorably against complacent financial institutions that no longer serve them well.  If that were not true, there would really not be a need for smart currencies and decentralized exchanges.

So, to me, it is important to dramatically highlight that difference as our target audience slowly wakes up to the fact that their savings are not all that safe in the legacy global banking system any more.  We are just about one more Cyprus away from that Great Awakening.

As my possibly fictitious great, great, great granddaddy always used to say, "Play the game for when the dust settles."

:)

Well said.. besides that.. I don't like the comparison to the swiss bank.. really only speaks to the 1%.

Banking is painful for most people.. we just have to tell them this will take away their pain... and bring the joy of a decent interest rate on their money... yes we can't say that now.. so perhaps maybe the statement has to be a living phrase.. in action.. hummm..

Grow With BitShares

Growing Smiles With BitShares

Making Money Yours Again With BitShares

I dunno.. these are just off the top of my head... needs work.. we are getting there though. :) .. hey..

Taking You There - BitShares

Ok better stop now. :)
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
When I'm experimenting with marketing slogans, I'm presuming the thing we are marketing is Ready for Prime Time.  I am not advocating telling people that a beta product is Safer than a Swiss Bank while it is still under development.
(Although, knowing what I know about the global banking system, it may well be)

It's always hard to separate "what is" from "what surely will be".

A major reason to use BitShares for the average person is because it will compete favorably against complacent financial institutions that no longer serve them well.  If that were not true, there would really not be a need for smart currencies and decentralized exchanges.

So, to me, it is important to dramatically highlight that difference as our target audience slowly wakes up to the fact that their savings are not all that safe in the legacy global banking system any more.  We are just about one more Cyprus away from that Great Awakening.

As my possibly fictitious great, great, great granddaddy always used to say, "Play the game for when the dust settles."

Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
..we're not even to 1.0 yet. The technology and potential application of BitShares is far, far beyond anything NXT has done or will do. Apples and oranges, my friend.

AGREED. +5% +5% +5%
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
NXT updates the client all the time, but it has never affected the functionality.

It sure as hell used to affect it when they made updates. That thing was awful when they were in Beta. If NXT doesn't crash anymore, that's because it started earlier than BitShares did and has had a stable client for some time. Ours is getting close to stability, but we're not even to 1.0 yet. The technology and potential application of BitShares is far, far beyond anything NXT has done or will do. Apples and oranges, my friend.

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
bluebit's real complaint:

"I really believe BitShares can become huge but I am losing faith. I am frustrated because management seems lacking and development too slow compared to the competition. At this rate I feel BitShares will be left behind, and that I should invest in something else. I have no control, but maybe if I express my anger people will wake up to the need for fundamental change."

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
We never get things done as fast as we want to.
And we are getting quite used to people reminding us of that.

It's hard to believe how much has been accomplished
(and how much we have been re-reminded)
since I last bumped this classic from Teddy Roosevelt.

https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=171.msg44054#msg44054

There are a lot more doers down in that arena with us now.

We all need to ask ourselves, am I down in an arena somewhere helping out the cause?
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.