Author Topic: A marketing idea? Whitepaper? Strategy? request? Either way I think its is gold.  (Read 38676 times)

Offline cusknee

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cusknee

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Once we are closer to 1.0, it might be worth being more ambitious and not looking for individuals but companies to invest. Get one major bank interested and we're done... but in the UK at least that will be end of this year and next, what with UK.gov timeline.

This is becoming my full time job already. I've got a major global bank (very progressive) ceo as well as a network of wealth mgmt co's in the works. I will know more by tuesday of next week and will start releasing info about the BitShares connections I am working hard to bring in here.
I'm pretty good at PR, Ops and business building. The BitShares brand is actually an easy sell for me now. I'll let ya know more as I know more.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline davidpbrown

some more stats: http://bitsharesblocks.com/charts/accounts

Unique accounts: 6882

organic growth is literally not happening, around 300 "unique accs" in 30 days.

Perhaps need to acknowledge the context; the whole of crypto seems depressed at the moment.. I expect waiting for real opportunity to kick in once a Government gives the ok to banks and legislation. Once we are closer to 1.0, it might be worth being more ambitious and not looking for individuals but companies to invest. Get one major bank interested and we're done... but in the UK at least that will be end of this year and next, what with UK.gov timeline.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
some more stats: http://bitsharesblocks.com/charts/accounts

Unique accounts: 6882

organic growth is literally not happening, around 300 "unique accs" in 30 days.

Offline oldman

• View Profile
Perhaps we get 1.0 out the door and see what sort of organic growth can be generated once a stable platform is in the wild.

Then if organic/grassroots marketing is still failing use the single tier referral system.

Then go multi-tier if needed.

Or a third party can build a wallet per above and have at it right now...

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Wow this thread is still going.... sooo can see eventually people came around.. thats good.

Overall I think this thread is a signal to a 3rd party wallet maker who can totally build this tomorrow and have people using the wallet.. and with a small transaction charge power an affiliate program.. that's all it really takes.

Please include 0.5% to my account for giving you the road map please and thank you.. will further consult by request. :)

Thanks to Max for opening up the floodgate for discussion that allowed people to express their ideas.  +5%

Remember though.. great ideas are worthless without execution.. execution is everything. Lets see some! :)

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline merivercap

• View Profile
    • BitCash
One obstacle with referral systems is identity verification to prevent fake accounts.  I would use Facebook and start referral programs in developed nations to test and create some kind of real person detection algorithm that checks identity and stores info in a secure DB to ensure privacy and keep track of referrals.  There should be a way of detecting fake accounts without any manual intervention right?   You can make the algorithm strict and any false-positive fake would require verification from another network like LinkedIn (have to be the same name) and Google+.  Facebook would be the main one.   

Maybe you can cap referrals to a certain # per month per person and track transactions over time to see referral quality and those with good activity from referred accounts could have their referral caps increased and any fake accounts detected would have a certain magnitude of negative impact (let's say 5x)?  So for every bad account detected you would need 5 new accounts to make up for it.  The cost for a fake account just has to be greater than the ease of creating one.  You can use transaction fees as part of the residual referral income. 

You can also punish a branch of a bad referral tree to prevent someone from trying to pyramind off a fake account.  Anyways just some thoughts.

We shouldn't need to detect fake accounts if we are using transaction fees as referral rewards.

The transaction fees are a good way to go, but it also seems too small to make an impact.  My previous calculation was $5 over 20yrs for an average consumer.  An active trader referral could generate much more transaction fees..  I think you need both.
BitCash - http://www.bitcash.org 
Beta: bitCash Wallet / p2p Gateway: (https://m.bitcash.org)
Beta: bitCash Trade (https://trade.bitcash.org)

Offline Globally Distributed

• View Profile
One obstacle with referral systems is identity verification to prevent fake accounts.  I would use Facebook and start referral programs in developed nations to test and create some kind of real person detection algorithm that checks identity and stores info in a secure DB to ensure privacy and keep track of referrals.  There should be a way of detecting fake accounts without any manual intervention right?   You can make the algorithm strict and any false-positive fake would require verification from another network like LinkedIn (have to be the same name) and Google+.  Facebook would be the main one.   

Maybe you can cap referrals to a certain # per month per person and track transactions over time to see referral quality and those with good activity from referred accounts could have their referral caps increased and any fake accounts detected would have a certain magnitude of negative impact (let's say 5x)?  So for every bad account detected you would need 5 new accounts to make up for it.  The cost for a fake account just has to be greater than the ease of creating one.  You can use transaction fees as part of the residual referral income. 

You can also punish a branch of a bad referral tree to prevent someone from trying to pyramind off a fake account.  Anyways just some thoughts.

We shouldn't need to detect fake accounts if we are using transaction fees as referral rewards.
"People don't buy what you do, they buy why you do it."  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4ZoJKF_VuA

kudos robrigo

Offline merivercap

• View Profile
    • BitCash

BitCash - http://www.bitcash.org 
Beta: bitCash Wallet / p2p Gateway: (https://m.bitcash.org)
Beta: bitCash Trade (https://trade.bitcash.org)

Offline davidpbrown

https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/mlm-company-promoting-bitcoinfuelcoin-sets-april-1-release-date/

The strategy is to convert U.S. dollars into bitcoin, then convert bitcoin into FuelCoin. Members then expose the opportunity to their own networks.

:D You got to laugh seeing such comedy. Subscribe here and I'll teach you how to make a bubble.

If there really are many people wanting a pump, then go ahead but don't be surprised when the smarter ones figure its a short term "strategy" and more really just a tactic to get rich quick. Perhaps there's an arguement to pumping markets, creating excitement that becomes self sustaining. It just seems like more a gamble than judgement.. it might work but it might also find a collapse in confidence, if the product struggles to keep up.. so timing matters.

฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
https://www.cryptocoinsnews.com/mlm-company-promoting-bitcoinfuelcoin-sets-april-1-release-date/

This stuff is going to happen. I don't think the above implementation is the best by any means but I think it can be done well.

Offline cube

• Bit by bit, we will get there!
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: bitcube
Let's not forget the basics: the main point of BitShares are bit-assets.

There is no real demand for BitShares because there is not real demand for bit-assets. And there is no real demand for bit-assets because at this stage there is not much I can do with them -  all I can use bit-assets for is to hedge my BitShares investment.

There would be demand for bit-assets if only this little detail was true: an easy conversion from fiat to bit-assets (and back) without paying huge spreads.

So let's do our homework and concentrate our efforts to make the product useful before we try to figure out the best way of selling it.
Otherwise we'll end up with a new wave of disappointed users asking the same question: it's an amazing technology but what can I use it for?

There were talks of a debit card for bitUSD.  Not sure what is the progress though.
ID: bitcube
bitcube is a dedicated witness and committe member. Please vote for bitcube.

Offline starspirit

• Financial markets pro over 20 years
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: starspirit
I think the ability to manage an investment or trading portfolio very securely, efficiently and cheaply is definitely going to be worth a lot. Right now its not possible to do switches like this because of the spreads, and also because the client needs better stability for most users. The risk of new user disappointment at this stage is a real one, and I empathise with the view that we need patience and focus on the product before opening to the world.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan

There is no real demand for BitShares because there is not real demand for bit-assets. And there is no real demand for bit-assets because at this stage there is not much I can do with them -  all I can use bit-assets for is to hedge my BitShares investment.

There would be demand for bit-assets if only this little detail was true: an easy conversion from fiat to bit-assets (and back) without paying huge spreads.

So let's do our homework and concentrate our efforts to make the product useful before we try to figure out the best way of selling it.
Otherwise we'll end up with a new wave of disappointed users asking the same question: it's an amazing technology but what can I use it for?

At the risk of quoting myself...

I like being able to go back and forth between a wide variety of assets as they cycle against each other in the market.

I can switch between BTS, BTC, Gold, Silver, CNY, EUR, and USD for about a penny in ten seconds as often as I like.

I can also create my own basket of currencies and adjust the mix as often as I like for pennies.

And I never encounter the delays, costs and risks of passing through fiat space.

Where else can you do that?
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

jakub