Author Topic: Ethereum & BitShares Partnership?  (Read 58847 times)

Offline fuzzy

OMG  :'( :'(

?

The greater the hope, the greater the disappointment

There is nothing wrong with having multiple chains competing.  Even if I would have been an early owner of Walmart shares, today I would be very concerned with how few true competitors Walmart has. 

I would gladly give every single damned cent I have if I could guarantee the existence of a blockchain that would at the protocol level ensure our freedom and liberty.  BitShares has changed quite a bit but still is the closest thing I have found. 
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags

Offline fuzzy

Offline sudo

• View Profile
  • BitShares: ags

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
I nominate fuznuts as the official BitShares Ambassador-At-Large.

flattered, donkey, but have to be honest. Someday once im completely done with school, my wife will be expecting meto get a better paying job :P

What ive done here was never meant to be an end...it was meant to spark others to action in hopes that the community would offer their grassroots support to education, marketing and journalism that for a long time it was lacking. 

Once beyond bitcoinx is finished, ill likely walk away and try to find something else that makes me hopeful for my baby's future in this sadly corrupt world. In bitshares ...and dan, I saw an opportunity to help something worth helping. 

You know, thougb...there is nothing keeping ANY of you from being ambassadors :P

Staying with Bitshares and continuing to do the admirable job you do now, will earn you the $$$ you seek to support your growing family. I think I can speak for most of the members of this forum

+5%

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline soniq

• View Profile

flattered, donkey, but have to be honest. Someday once im completely done with school, my wife will be expecting meto get a better paying job :P

What ive done here was never meant to be an end...it was meant to spark others to action in hopes that the community would offer their grassroots support to education, marketing and journalism that for a long time it was lacking. 

Once beyond bitcoinx is finished, ill likely walk away and try to find something else that makes me hopeful for my baby's future in this sadly corrupt world. In bitshares ...and dan, I saw an opportunity to help something worth helping. 

You know, thougb...there is nothing keeping ANY of you from being ambassadors :P

Staying with Bitshares and continuing to do the admirable job you do now, will earn you the $$$ you seek to support your growing family. I think I can speak for most of the members of this forum
Pr7V9GUm59dtKWXG6RJSymPsyCaCKWwNEj
Soniq on Bitcointalk -- Verified
Bitshares btsx:soniq

Offline jae208

• View Profile
 +5%

Much respect for V.

Bitshares and Etheruem will rule the world and of course I am vested in both.  8)
http://bitsharestutorials.com A work in progress
Subscribe to the Youtube Channel
https://www.youtube.com/user/BitsharesTutorials

Offline fuzzy

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
+5%

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile

Offline fuzzy

So as an update on possible collaboration, I think we agreed that keeping things informal is the best way forward at this point. No official partnerships or mergers of any companies or any coins/projects, and it doesn't really make sense to copy-paste codebases in either direction either. But we are happy to participate in standardization efforts and collaborative discussions on technical issues as long as it's an open tent where any crypto-2.0 project can participate. I think there definitely are a few areas (eg. proof of stake algos, client standardization) where that would be quite beneficial.

I could not agree more.

And I am sure that most of the Nxt Community also agrees that standardization efforts might help the crypto ecosystem in general. So, if you feel Nxt should participate in such discussion, feel free to invite us. There will be many people willing to devote their time on this.

I personally feel that this is a very important issue which needs to be considered and addressed by a broader audience.

This is a perfect place to let everyone know it is completely free to log into the Mumble Server and chat during the hangouts...or even set up your own hangouts/events.  Regardless where they are held, however, discussions need to be held and a focus needs to be found as to how to best move forward. 

One thing for consideration: Anyone who is interested should be able to attend any of these discussions on standardization.  They should also be able to easily record and report on them as they are happening, from a transparent and open forum.  This isn't simply a matter of a few dev teams working together...this is a matter that requires the input of everyone who is able to provide it over the cross-section of any interested communities (not just NXT, BitShares & Ethereum).

The pictures of golfing and everything are nice, but all I care about is that people are aware what is going on and that it is not kept to secret  meetings where only "insiders" can participateThis is my #1 concern...and I will bark about it nonstop...because this is about more than just a few devs getting together to "help the standardize the crypto industry".  But what if that help ends up producing a product completely different from that which was originally promised? Everyone needs to have a say, and the community of investors in these projects needs to be able to form consensus on how to move forward in the case that they feel this work toward standardization moves them too far away from the philosophy behind why they originally invested.  Lots of stuff to consider...I just hope we all consider the bigger picture and realize a couple of technological geniuses making decisions for everyone is no way to move forward.  If this is what happens, I will be wholly against it.

Just the opposite.  :o 

The thing that always causes the biggest uproars is Dan's tendency to immediately share what he is thinking, hoping, and talking about with others the same day

Keeping secret thoughts has never been a problem.

:)

I know secrets have not been a problem. Im simply saying that some means of bringing these 2.0 communities together to articulate their ideas/concerns on potential proposals is absolutely necessary before any cooperative works occur.  The investors (project funders) have a right to help outline the guidelines and rules under which this cooperation will occur. 

Sharedrops are a good incentive, but moreso is the trust built between intercommunity members when they work together to achieve common goals that raise all boats.  There are many barriers to overcome...very interested in seeing how this progresses.

Offline yellowecho

3) I would like to see a full up relational DB with SQL support as the basic abstraction for the block chain.
    a)  This would allow constraints to be placed on the tables / rows
    c)  This would make indexes easy to maintain

What's needed for this?  I work on a platform that's capable of generating relational databases quickly and easiily with SQL support and the tables are extremely easy to maintain and index.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
So as an update on possible collaboration, I think we agreed that keeping things informal is the best way forward at this point. No official partnerships or mergers of any companies or any coins/projects, and it doesn't really make sense to copy-paste codebases in either direction either. But we are happy to participate in standardization efforts and collaborative discussions on technical issues as long as it's an open tent where any crypto-2.0 project can participate. I think there definitely are a few areas (eg. proof of stake algos, client standardization) where that would be quite beneficial.

I could not agree more.

And I am sure that most of the Nxt Community also agrees that standardization efforts might help the crypto ecosystem in general. So, if you feel Nxt should participate in such discussion, feel free to invite us. There will be many people willing to devote their time on this.

I personally feel that this is a very important issue which needs to be considered and addressed by a broader audience.

This is a perfect place to let everyone know it is completely free to log into the Mumble Server and chat during the hangouts...or even set up your own hangouts/events.  Regardless where they are held, however, discussions need to be held and a focus needs to be found as to how to best move forward. 

One thing for consideration: Anyone who is interested should be able to attend any of these discussions on standardization.  They should also be able to easily record and report on them as they are happening, from a transparent and open forum.  This isn't simply a matter of a few dev teams working together...this is a matter that requires the input of everyone who is able to provide it over the cross-section of any interested communities (not just NXT, BitShares & Ethereum).

The pictures of golfing and everything are nice, but all I care about is that people are aware what is going on and that it is not kept to secret  meetings where only "insiders" can participateThis is my #1 concern...and I will bark about it nonstop...because this is about more than just a few devs getting together to "help the standardize the crypto industry".  But what if that help ends up producing a product completely different from that which was originally promised? Everyone needs to have a say, and the community of investors in these projects needs to be able to form consensus on how to move forward in the case that they feel this work toward standardization moves them too far away from the philosophy behind why they originally invested.  Lots of stuff to consider...I just hope we all consider the bigger picture and realize a couple of technological geniuses making decisions for everyone is no way to move forward.  If this is what happens, I will be wholly against it.

Just the opposite.  :o 

The thing that always causes the biggest uproars is Dan's tendency to immediately share what he is thinking, hoping, and talking about with others the same day

Keeping secret thoughts has never been a problem.

:)
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.

Offline santaclause102

• View Profile

I could not agree more.

Awesome. It is so fantastic to see you guys being open to meetings of the minds. I'm very excited that NXT is open to these discussions and that there is a lot of common ground. We all gain from this.

Welcome to the forum!
+5%