Author Topic: Internal Exchange Automated Features  (Read 1023 times)

Offline jamesc

Are there plans in progress to incorporate automated functions into the Bitshares wallet? E.g. It would be great to be able to set a stop loss, auto buy at x etc etc. At the moment this is only doable through writing my own scripts and RPCing.

I guess the challenge with this is that the wallet would need to always be running. Perhaps this should be a feature for the web wallet? The hosted server could execute the requests or at least issue alerts to the user if they don't want to trust them signing keys on their behalf. Has there been any discussion into this already?

Probably better for functions like that to run on-chain.  So you don't need the wallet online and you don't need to trust anyone with your private key as long as you trust the programming on all the block producers..

That just means that we may focus our main development in that direction.  However, I think your scripts are a good skill to have.  You'll be able to use this immediately for one.  Also, I bet you will always find a case for running something off chain.  There are many reasons, performance, less fees, access to more resources and longer running time, etc..   Also, keep in mind, the hosted wallet on a server today but that can be misleading.  It is a regular program that runs just like any other program.  NodeJs is a good way to run the code.  So, a JavaScripts can run off-chain as a desktop or server process, a plugin while the browser is open, or just a simple browser tab that was intentionally left open..  It may be reasonable to have an advanced place like the console where users can run scripts like this.  After all, you can probably do this now by opening the hosted wallet then adding your own scripts to it..

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
Are there plans in progress to incorporate automated functions into the Bitshares wallet? E.g. It would be great to be able to set a stop loss, auto buy at x etc etc. At the moment this is only doable through writing my own scripts and RPCing.

I guess the challenge with this is that the wallet would need to always be running. Perhaps this should be a feature for the web wallet? The hosted server could execute the requests or at least issue alerts to the user if they don't want to trust them signing keys on their behalf. Has there been any discussion into this already?