Author Topic: INVESTORS: You might wanna get in to BitShares and QUICK  (Read 9090 times)

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
I'll buy a new puter once the BTS price hits 3 cents.
Oh yeah, and more flowers for my incredibly patient wifey. :)

if*
Sounds like you've gone in quite deep... Bitshares is promising but it's never a guaranteed thing.

Offline mdj

• View Profile
  • BitShares: mdj
It's been a while I've seen bullish/pumping posts around here, we've been in a down trend for what,  6 months now? Since the merger announcement I guess. We were at around 0.03$/BTS before the downtrend started, now at around 0.0065$/BTS. Almost an 80% decline in value since then. Maybe it was overpriced in October, but it's definitely underpriced right now.

It's not underpriced. It's where it belongs right now.

Until it's easier to use the internal exchange, it's going to stay like this. No one is using the internal exchange. You're not using the internal exchange to exchange BitUSD:BitBTC and neither is anyone so that is why the price is where it is.

Moonstone.io could help.

I've started trading on it a lot. The low liquidity is annoying because sometime it takes hours/days for my positions to get filled but when more people come to the light it'll only improve. I don't use any altcoin exchanges now, I just use metaexchange or block trades to transfer in.

Tuck Fheman

Offline gamey

• View Profile
So Ken, you fixed your wallet issues I guess?  ;)

Sadly, no, but that's because my computer is on its last leg. It overheats when trying to sync the blockchain.
I've bought BTS via MetaExchange that I haven't even verified yet in the wallet itself.
When 0.9.0 is out, I will install it on Linux, wait till about 2300 and take the laptop outside where it gets cold as hell at night and let it sync up out there. It takes like 3 hours. It'll work, it's just a pain in the arse tho.

100% true the 64bit dogecoin wallet turns off my desktop.  No events explain or warn.  thought I had a hardware problem and I was quite bummed but then realized it only happens when I run the Doge wallet. so if that makes anyone feel better about the Bitshares wallet then I have done my part. And no I'm not investing in doge.

I speak for myself and only myself.

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
So Ken, you fixed your wallet issues I guess?  ;)

Sadly, no, but that's because my computer is on its last leg. It overheats when trying to sync the blockchain.
I've bought BTS via MetaExchange that I haven't even verified yet in the wallet itself.
When 0.9.0 is out, I will install it on Linux, wait till about 2300 and take the laptop outside where it gets cold as hell at night and let it sync up out there. It takes like 3 hours. It'll work, it's just a pain in the arse tho.

kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline fuzzy

It's been a while I've seen bullish/pumping posts around here, we've been in a down trend for what,  6 months now? Since the merger announcement I guess. We were at around 0.03$/BTS before the downtrend started, now at around 0.0065$/BTS. Almost an 80% decline in value since then. Maybe it was overpriced in October, but it's definitely underpriced right now.

Until it's easier to use the internal exchange, it's going to stay like this. No one is using the internal exchange. You're not using the internal exchange to exchange BitUSD:BitBTC and neither is anyone so that is why the price is where it is.

Moonstone.io could help.

this^^
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Tuck Fheman

Offline bitmeat

• View Profile
I think its now significantly underpriced now.  Unless bitcoin is headed for $100.

That's not entirely out of question. No matter how good BTC may be for remittance in various countries, it is only used temporary. i.e. user A wants to send to user B in another country. User A buys BTC with USD/etc, sends it to B, then user B sells the BTC for USD. So this lasts less than a day, but surely no longer than 3 days. So even if $400B is sent per year, that's like a bit over $1B. In other words, Bitcoin could drop to $100 and still cover all the demand with respect to remittance. Of course there are other use cases, but those are likely to take many years to materialize, and by then something could replace BTC.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander

I think its now significantly underpriced now.  Unless bitcoin is headed for $100.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Congratulations, KenCode, you've single-handedly crashed the Ripple markets. Using one-year old news articles that seemed oddly familiar to me from when Ripple really did crash last year. I think this thread is pretty funny. But I agree with every word you wrote about being bullish on BitShares -- there's lots to love here and plenty to look forward to in the coming weeks.

No, he didnt crash ripple, and ripple is only down like 2% since he posted the old article. :P
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit
everything looking neat

the way i see it is things are gonna get real interesting if we stabilize 10x from here

making 10x our investments is "pretty cool"

the effects on the ecosystem would be "completely awesome"

What about margin trading? Does Bitshares support that yet? or loans?

Offline luckybit

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Luckybit

Moonstone.io could help.

Offline donkeypong

• View Profile
Congratulations, KenCode, you've single-handedly crashed the Ripple markets. Using one-year old news articles that seemed oddly familiar to me from when Ripple really did crash last year. I think this thread is pretty funny. But I agree with every word you wrote about being bullish on BitShares -- there's lots to love here and plenty to look forward to in the coming weeks.

Offline bluebit

• View Profile
#1 The price is about to top Ripple:
http://coinmarketcap.com
Ripple's Management has departed as well.

The Darkcoin/Dash pump is over.

Good news everywhere; Moonstone, centralized Exchanges are being hacked every week, DPOS-powered PeerTracks will set the social sites on fire, ByteMaster (and others) are bringing in Partners, Let's Talk Bitcoin (the Bitcoins & Gravy show) is about to do a 30min interview with the "Peer to Peer 2015" roadcrew........ man, too much good news to ignore now.

$5, $10, $500, whatever you can afford.
Get in now.
This is the 1 investment in your lifetime that you'd better not miss.

If ByteMaster would code more than writing all those articles the price wouldn't be so low, I'm glad I left Bitshares and went into Dash, I made almost all my money back that I lost from the Bitshares price drop by moving to a developer that works harder than anyone I know. I invest in active developers, not in college students that lean back hoping that people give them cash for their wallet that isn't the best. If you want Bitshares to succeed create a better product, where are the on-ramps? Not seeing much progress that was promised.

So, tell me, why are you posting here instead of on the Dash forum?

Because I still believe Bitshare can be a great product, but it's has very poor management and the devs are slow compared to the competition.

Real innovation is much harder and thus time consuming bluebit. Are u blue meanie on twitter by chance?  "Dash" is POW and it's lies (aka "instant transactions" that actually take 20 seconds+) have been spread far and wide by the cult of pow miners who enjoy the media infrastructure in place from bitcoin.  All I'm reading here is FUD.

No I'm not blue meanie. Also, I'm not here to bash Bitshares or other coins, only here to point the poor management and slow development. And "real innovation" still does not explain the gui issues and bugs in the wallet, Bitshares already has enough innovation, it just needs to step on peddle instead being stuck in first gear. I put a lot of money into Bitshares, and I'm glad I left for now, once I see a better wallet, devs actually completing goals instead of lagging behind, then I'd be happy to invest. I see devs spending money with work that isn't paying off vs the competition and the market cap is showing that. And for those that bash on other coins, what good will that do for Bitshares? Nothing. Remember we are all here to help each other, not to spread negativity or hate.

BTSX TipMe: bluebit

Tuck Fheman

I wonder if it would be feasible to start a distributed fund where people buy your UIA and you invest for them?

so, become jl777?