Author Topic: Missing BitAssets in v0.8 (OSX) - solved  (Read 2220 times)

Offline jz831

• View Profile
    • Customized ASIC Controllers
Sorry, i should've made a separate resolved post, my bad.

It was an unsettling issue, as the client reported it was fully sync'd - yet i was still missing some BitAssets. 
So, I was able to get all the BitAssets accounted for, by following the advice on other threads here.  iirc, i first issued a:
wallet_regenerate_keys [ACCOUNT-NAME] 10500
then:
wallet_rescan_blockchain <block_number before my missing BitAssets transactions, i used something from late February, eg 1850000>

Then just let it churn, and lo and behold the missing assets showed up.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline vikram

Didn't notice the subject has been edited.. has the problem been solved? If so, how?

Offline vikram

When i ran my old copy of v0.7 and I was able to see the missing BitAssets - I couldn't figure out how to get more info on the transaction, as it was labelled "virtual"  which isn't clickable to get more info on, at least i couldn't get the transaction details by clicking on the yellow "Virtual" tag, like i can when i click on the blue "Details" tag in the log...?

Can you post or PM me the transaction ID(s) for the original transactions where you made a bid/ask/short on the market that result in the "virtual" payouts of the now-missing bitassets?

Offline jz831

• View Profile
Also try "wallet_account_balance account_name" in the console (account name in the top right, advanced, console tab) to see whether your balance is reported correctly there.  That will help narrow down whether it's a sync or wallet issue or a gui issue.

i did this on my initial attempt with v0.8, and it was reporting the same amounts as the GUI showed (missing BitCNY and BitEUR balances), I will try again once i am synced up again.

Update:  after a second attempt at issuing a "wallet_regenerate_keys <account_name> 10500" and then a "rescan 1891249" - the client has sync'd up properly once more.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 01:17:33 am by jz831 »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Troglodactyl

• View Profile
Also try "wallet_account_balance account_name" in the console (account name in the top right, advanced, console tab) to see whether your balance is reported correctly there.  That will help narrow down whether it's a sync or wallet issue or a gui issue.

Offline jz831

• View Profile
Hey jz. Check out this page for recovering funds: http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/RecoveringFunds

Especially the wallet_regenerate_keys command. That seems to do the trick a lot of the time.

Many thanks for this, i'll give it a try if the new chain download doesn't jive.

... After letting it download all night, i returned to a sync'd blockchain, but it wouldn't accept my password at the main login screen.  I went to the menu (Accounts -> Go To My Accounts) and entered my password there, which granted me access to the client, but i am still missing some BitAssets (BitCNY and BitEUR).

I then went to the console and entered in the " wallet_set_transaction_scanning true" command, which returned "true" - then no more commands worked, any command i enter at the console seems to be ignored.   I let it run for a while, with no discernable change in anything, and quitting put it into a "not responding" state, which required me to end task on it.

Now i created a brand new BitShares folder, and copied my wallets folder into it, and restarted - but the client nearly immediately went to a "not connected" state when it launched.  Restarting it, and letting it download the chain once more.

When i ran my old copy of v0.7 and I was able to see the missing BitAssets - I couldn't figure out how to get more info on the transaction, as it was labelled "virtual"  which isn't clickable to get more info on, at least i couldn't get the transaction details by clicking on the yellow "Virtual" tag, like i can when i click on the blue "Details" tag in the log...?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 03:24:30 pm by jz831 »

Offline robrigo

Hey jz. Check out this page for recovering funds: http://wiki.bitshares.org/index.php/RecoveringFunds

Especially the wallet_regenerate_keys command. That seems to do the trick a lot of the time.

Offline jz831

• View Profile
So i finally got my copy of 0.8.0 to sync up (after removing the chain and peers.leveldb folders and re-downloading the blockchain) - but now i'm missing some BitAssets  :o   I know i had some BitCNY, as i was pumped last week when I noticed (in v0.7) that my account had acquired its first whole BitCNY in yield, sweet!
 But now, when i am running v0.8 - i don't show any BitCNY balance at all, and when i go to the BitCNY market, i have nothing in order history - why could that be?  I am 100% certain I bought 2999.9 of them within the past 2 weeks or so (after loading v0.7, it showed the BitCNY was purchased on 3/10).   I also had a few BitEUR, but my account does not show that balance either.  Any suggestions as to what I should try?  I did a "wallet_rescan_blockchain" from the console, but nothing missing showed up...??

Could it be possible that my transactions made on the exchange with the v0.7 client were "ignored" in v0.8 somehow?

In fact, i just loaded up the v0.7 client, and i'm showing the balance i was expecting once more (using a BitShares folder I had saved, not the one i've used with the upgraded v0.8 client) - with the 2,999.998 BitCNY balance.  In v0.7 (with the correct, expected BitAssets balances) my account had 17 pages of transactions - in the v0.8 newly downloaded chain, i only had 12 pages of transactions...?

I am now removing the chain, log, and peers.leveldb folders once more and trying v0.8 fresh chain download.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 02:27:32 am by jz831 »