Author Topic: Pool: before we have proper pool let's start "small pools"  (Read 3280 times)

Offline salvo0097

• View Profile
Hi, I want to join in your pool. My miner mine 24/24 h at about 4.70-5 hpm. What do I do to join in it ?

Offline belltown

• View Profile
superresistant,

I'm glad you're interested. I've just provided general rules to show that it's possible to create your own "small pool". If you want to be a pool owner you need to refine these rules to something that works for you. For example, if you don't know Linux you might say that only Windows miners can join your pool and they need to provide Remote Desktop access for you so you can do inspections.

if you have other specific questions, like about shared wallet, please just ask in a forum. I'm sure people will help you. Everybody wants a pool! :)
How I've earned 0.088 BTC for making few forum posts on LetsTalkBitcoin - https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6684

Offline superresistant

• View Profile
I am interested.

What about the shared wallet ? How does it work ? We share the privkey and import it on each machine ?
I don't have a static IP and I'm on windows server 2012, how can we do the inspection ?

Offline trankil

• View Profile
PS. I tried it with 10 32 core servers from amazon giving around 90-100 Hpm and didn't seem to be combined otherwise I would of found more than 2 blocks in 12 hours of mining. (diff was low, that was right after the fork).

what is the price by hour to have 90h100 hpm ?
MMC : MTxecTRmb6Gs4wu4jsftJSHSuowiV3o6tF

PTS : PZt3qLFhQeber5NFjjv3ith813oF6zBwnU

Offline seraphim

A pool doesn't "combine" hash power in any other way. Everyone's mining, someone finds a block, everyone gets something from it.
Meet you on STEEM

Offline smokim11

• View Profile
How would this be a pool?

I thought using the same wallet on many computers mining does not mean it combines the hashpower but instead just sends the MMC mined to the same wallet.

Is that correct or am I missing something here?

PS. I tried it with 10 32 core servers from amazon giving around 90-100 Hpm and didn't seem to be combined otherwise I would of found more than 2 blocks in 12 hours of mining. (diff was low, that was right after the fork).
If I helped you and want to show your appreciation donate any amount:
Pjem2V2FDPGZa6yAvpL2fN5yZKXYUNLSv5

Offline markzookerburg

• View Profile
I have some pretty great servers I can set apart for sixths cause :)

Offline belltown

• View Profile
Before the proper pool is done, we can solve the pool problem in decentralized way: “small pools”. Tell me what you guys think. This should totally work as a temporary solution.

SMALL POOLS

Requirements to join a “small pool”:
1. You guarantee that your miners will run 24/7 at the same hash rate and will mine to the proper wallet (shared wallet, or wallet known by the pool owner).

2. You should provide remote access credentials for the pool owner so he can ssh or remote desktop to each of your miners. Pool owner will do random inspections few times a day to verify that your miners are still mining at the hash rate they should to the wallet they should. If your miner doesn’t do what you guaranteed you will be penalized.

3. If you find a block your coins go to the pool.

If the pool owner finds that people cheat he adds this additional requirement:
4. You make refundable 280 MMC deposit. If you leave the pool you get your deposit back. If you cheat you will be banned and you will not get your deposit back.

Pool operations:
1. Daily balance of pool’s wallet will be paid out to pool members according to the hash rate they contributed.

2. Pool fee set by the pool owner.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 12:17:26 am by belltown »
How I've earned 0.088 BTC for making few forum posts on LetsTalkBitcoin - https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6684