Author Topic: Leveraging the Community to Empower BitShares: A Call to Action  (Read 2673 times)

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
And once it is designed once, it can simply be reused in the future right?  Meaning once the work is done to get this case to fit a phone, it is pretty trivial to customize the image from there...

As for this:

Um....what is it wildpig??  Looks like if I touch it wrong I'll be beamed to 1954...

:D hmm.....here I thought it would look like one of those ships from stargate .
Yes , once the design is done , it can be printed many times from multiple places .
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline fuzzy

And once it is designed once, it can simply be reused in the future right?  Meaning once the work is done to get this case to fit a phone, it is pretty trivial to customize the image from there...

As for this:

Um....what is it wildpig??  Looks like if I touch it wrong I'll be beamed to 1954...
« Last Edit: March 30, 2015, 05:55:19 am by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline ISG3D

• ISG3D.com
    • View Profile
This is an excellent idea. I will patronize a business that chooses to accept bitUSD and I will also refer them to friends in both the crypto and cold hard cash world.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ISG3D.com has already begun this.  If you look at their twitter feed, they have also been indirectly marketing the hell out of BitShares, so fostering a good relationship with them would not be a bad start :)

Thanks, we will try to talk with some friends in Canada who runs their business online to accept Bitshares and Bitcoin.

So far on the 3D printing webstore we accept BitUsd and Bitshares through Shapeshift and we have 2 products exclusive to Bitshares:

http://isg3d.com/products/3d-printed-bitshares-phone-case

http://isg3d.com/products/3d-printed-bts-bitshares-bar

One question many users will have is:  "Can this be made for my specific phone or is this somehow a one-size fits all thing?"
Looks good though :)

Yes on the website we are offering for iPhone 4, 5, and 6, but we can take personal request for Galaxy S2, S3, S4, Nexus, etc.

We can do 3D modeling for pretty much everything so anybody that wants a customized ordrer to fit his phone, or anything with a Bitshares logo we can do.

Just contact us with the details at ISG3DPrinting@gmail.com

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
This is an excellent idea. I will patronize a business that chooses to accept bitUSD and I will also refer them to friends in both the crypto and cold hard cash world.

ISG3D.com has already begun this.  If you look at their twitter feed, they have also been indirectly marketing the hell out of BitShares, so fostering a good relationship with them would not be a bad start :)

Thanks, we will try to talk with some friends in Canada who runs their business online to accept Bitshares and Bitcoin.

So far on the 3D printing webstore we accept BitUsd and Bitshares through Shapeshift and we have 2 products exclusive to Bitshares:

One question many users will have is:  "Can this be made for my specific phone or is this somehow a one-size fits all thing?"

How about printing this one ?
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline fuzzy

Offline ISG3D

• ISG3D.com
    • View Profile

Offline SolomonSollarsNSense

Good job Fuzz. Keep pushing. Things will continue to come together organically with initiatives like this. Everything starts with the first step  8)
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 03:13:01 pm by SolomonSollarsNSense »
If you like the content I make consider tipping me. Helps me keep those bitshare content babies popping like popcorn! Send tips to: solomonsollarsnsense

Offline fuzzy

TurkeyLeg

Offline fuzzy

+5% if it's only 20-30 seconds.
The Hangouts are already long enough. :P

btw the adsense ads on the website are just placeholders.
I hope they get replaced at some point in the future.

So happy u said that.

Offline JA

• View Profile
 +5% if it's only 20-30 seconds.
The Hangouts are already long enough. :P

btw the adsense ads on the website are just placeholders.
I hope they get replaced at some point in the future.

Offline fuzzy

Our hangouts draw a number of people interested in cryptocurrency.  We have many episodes available for listening, but we up to now have not been advertising any outside businesses. 

I am reaching out to the community to help me with this next stage of the plan.  It is time for us to begin organically increasing the usage of bitUSD, and having businesses who accept bitUSD is how we can do it.  I am reaching out to businesses outside our ecosystem to ask them to consider accepting bitUSD and bitAssets for their services and products, but I want to utilize our own community's networks as I believe it will be the path of least resistance.

Quote from: joeyd
Oh damnit...just get to the point fuzz!

Ok ok joey (jeesh)...

In this stage, I will gladly help produce advertisements for any business connected to the internet and accepts, at minimum, at least one of our bitAssets and will have our editor place those advertisements into our hangouts. 

If you know anyone in your personal or business life who has a business that would add value to our growing community, I ask that you kindly inform them of this possibility and help them understand the value proposition on their side.  If they say yes, I will organize a hangout with them so they can learn from our community how to better serve the cryptocurrency-using demographics that will no doubt grow as we move into the future and will also make a 20-30 second advertisement for them to be placed at various places within our edited hangouts.  If they have their own advertisement, I will gladly have that added instead. 

Additionally, if they offer significant (10+% discounts) to those paying with their bitAsset of choice, I will offer to hold occasional Delegate hangouts for them to help them make their case for getting a delegate voted in to help subsidize their operations. 

Although any business will do, the businesses I am most interested in are new tech-related operations and businesses offering privacy/security-related products. 
« Last Edit: March 28, 2015, 11:32:03 am by fuzzy »