Author Topic: NXT is better than BitShares?  (Read 6144 times)

jaran

Reading all the comments here...why is Bitshares "vanishing" in terms of price when we look back at the ATH?

I am really wondering why bts is being dumped like crazy.

The wallet client is a pain the ass right now, but the price makes me wonder...

Probably because of "The Merger".  Basically a  few dacs (pts/ vote/ dns) were bought out and dilution was introduced.  The people invested in these other DACS were not happy for various reasons.  Now as part of the vesting schedule these unhappy people get BTS released into their accounts everyday for the next 2 years...and because they are unhappy they sale.

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
I moved out of NXT and pretty much everything all into BitShares early-ish last year. I've recently picked up a little NXT again. I think they're well supported around the $10 million mark.  Also I think I counted recently and 15 of the top 100 on CMC are NXT based projects (albeit with questionable volume) That's a pretty dominant position and if they can build on that in the next 12 months then I think the market will take them a lot more seriously.  Those projects would also be great potential customers for a NXT backed BitAsset as well as projects that raise funds but don't want to be exposed to BTC volatility. I also liked the Cfb came around to these forums and tried to analyse and understand the advantages of BitShares better.  I haven't been studying the market much these last few months and have been focusing more on my poker but NXT seems to be worth a little punt around $10 million especially as BitShares isn't the sure thing that BTSX was.

I think cfb wanted to break bitshares so it crashes and everyone goes into nxt.. Thats just imo
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
I moved out of NXT and pretty much everything all into BitShares early-ish last year. I've recently picked up a little NXT again. I think they're well supported around the $10 million mark.  Also I think I counted recently and 15 of the top 100 on CMC are NXT based projects (albeit with questionable volume) That's a pretty dominant position and if they can build on that in the next 12 months then I think the market will take them a lot more seriously.  Those projects would also be great potential customers for a NXT backed BitAsset as well as projects that raise funds but don't want to be exposed to BTC volatility. I also liked the Cfb came around to these forums and tried to analyse and understand the advantages of BitShares better.  I haven't been studying the market much these last few months and have been focusing more on my poker but NXT seems to be worth a little punt around $10 million especially as BitShares isn't the sure thing that BTSX was.
If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
Reading all the comments here...why is Bitshares "vanishing" in terms of price when we look back at the ATH?

If you sit there and watch prices, you'll go batty.
The web wallet is in beta, it was just released, so give it some time. The downloadable client is pretty nice, more hours have been spent there, so if you're investing now, you'll see the most features in the downloadable version. Moonstone.io is about to release their badass BitShares client too.
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
when you develop for an anarchist group of developers perhaps working for free

Every true anarchist I know is loving, strives for peace through non-violence, is organized and calculating. I don't think I'd be where I am today if I wasn't anarchist in my thinking and daily accomplishments.

Please revisit your stereotypes regarding anarchism, it's not what you might think it is.
https://youtu.be/uH6-9gx32Mc

There is less coordination and follow through there is less incentive to do good work
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
i've redefined my recent post, sry maybe wrong words i've choosen!

█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
Things I forgot to mention:

- Faucets
- Newbie Friendly "get paid to" sites to earn NXT
- Some products offer an Affiliate system
- NXT Adsense like Network

Compared to BitShares it feels so much easier to start and to market NXT, in my opinion.

Tuck Fheman

AFAIK as i know James is not that honest guy ... he starts a lots of things ... but don't finished one of them ... again AFAIK (personal behaviour about)!!!!

What personal experience leads you to believe jl777 is a dishonest person?

I've msg'd back-n-forth with him a few times and got the exact opposite impression and we were discussing scandals in cryptocurrency.

He starts a lot, but what kind of time table are you putting him on?  Are you allowing him as much time as you are BitShares to complete a project before saying the coder doesn't finish projects?

As far as I can tell, his behavior has been nothing but code, code, code, talk about code, code some more, come up with another brilliant idea, code some more.

What am I missing?

Where is the dirt on jl777 outside of, "he starts a lot of projects that I didn't invest in early so I missed out". lulz

Offline cass

• /(┬.┬)\
    • View Profile
They have SuperNET. the SuperNET wallet is easy to use, James is innovative and gets things done.

Also interesting:

- Marketplace
- Message System

AFAIK as i know James starts a lots of things ... but don't finished them ... again AFAIK (personal behaviour about)!!!!
IMO then main problem on crypto these days is the ability of focussing !!

(we're talking about @jl777, right?)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 03:39:07 pm by cass »
█║▌║║█  - - -  The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear  - - -  █║▌║║█

Offline kenCode

• View Profile
    • Agorise
when you develop for an anarchist group of developers perhaps working for free

Every true anarchist I know is loving, strives for peace through non-violence, is organized and calculating. I don't think I'd be where I am today if I wasn't anarchist in my thinking and daily accomplishments.

Please revisit your stereotypes regarding anarchism, it's not what you might think it is.
https://youtu.be/uH6-9gx32Mc
kenCode - Decentraliser @ Agorise
Matrix/Keybase/Hive/Commun/Github: @Agorise
www.PalmPay.chat

Offline yellowecho

NXT is what you get when you develop for an anarchist group of developers perhaps working for free or early miners.... maybe a bunch of younger people or teenagers some smart some not, contributing but in an unorganized fashion.... while Bitshares is a democratic system with developers who are voted in and consider work somewhat of a responsibility in terms of quality and execution because they were "hired"... the quality of work should shine through more and more.

With NXT you will get tons of startup projects.. less finished and even less that are quality approved for mainstream use. Their roadmap may seem more extensive but its just eye candy more than anything.

Spot on.
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
They have SuperNET. the SuperNET wallet is easy to use, James is innovative and gets things done.

Also interesting:

- Marketplace
- Message System

Offline xiahui135

• View Profile
nxt does have some advantages such as more stable wallet,webwallet, inner exchange, decentralized market place where you can sell some goods or service. And there is program to make a instant decentralized exchange.

Tuck Fheman

Let that "EvilDave" guy know in the disqus thread..

I don't think anything any of us has to say would change EvilDave's mind about NXT or BitShares. You will be wasting your time. This comes from experience.

See his Disqus history for a glimpse at your endless debate to come.  ;)