Author Topic: Standalone miner  (Read 19584 times)

Offline radiumsoup

• View Profile
still getting bignum.h missing (checked out twice, once with new clone, just to be sure)

In file included from /memcoin/memorycoin_miner/getwork_miner.cpp:5:0:
/memcoin/memorycoin_miner/momentum.h:1:20: fatal error: bignum.h: No such file or directory
 #include "bignum.h"

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
I'm not sure if this will be of any help. There is this guy who is building his own Primecoin pool. Here is his progress and sources http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=1673.0

That's very interesting. I'll have a much better chance at compiling c#.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
Protoshares uses 3838 as the RPC port, so our RPC is 1925, so that's the one we should probably use so I've made that change. Still hardcoded though. bignum.h update made too. Can post here or github, what ever is more convenient to you.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline belltown

• View Profile
I'm not sure if this will be of any help. There is this guy who is building his own Primecoin pool. Here is his progress and sources http://www.peercointalk.org/index.php?topic=1673.0
How I've earned 0.088 BTC for making few forum posts on LetsTalkBitcoin - https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6684

Offline radiumsoup

• View Profile
 fatal error: bignum.h: No such file or directory
 #include "bignum.h"
-----
 (would this be better to do in the github issue tracking or here?)

also, (again, unless I'm reading it wrong, which is likely) isn't the hardcoded port 3838 for the miner to get/submit work from a pool? I'm sure each pool operator might want some control over that (edit:) eventually ;)
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 04:33:26 pm by radiumsoup »

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
oh, one other thing: unless I'm reading it wrong (which is likely), port 3838 seems to be hardcoded in there; is there an easy way to make that a default but overridable from the command line args?

Yes, but lets try to get all the bugs removed first. Should we have a better hardcoded port for now? Do we need a new port other than 1968 or 1925?

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
             ^
compilation terminated due to -fmax-errors=3.
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/gw_miner.dir/momentum.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/gw_miner.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Thanks! Got fixes in there for those three 3 errors. We'll probably need a few back and forth getting all the errors worked out.

Offline radiumsoup

• View Profile
oh, one other thing: unless I'm reading it wrong (which is likely), port 3838 seems to be hardcoded in there; is there an easy way to make that a default but overridable from the command line args?

Offline radiumsoup

• View Profile
requires bitshares and fc from Invictus to compile. (as described in the readme) cloned those but did not compile (cmake should do that), then did in root folder:
cmake . -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release; make
and got the following errors from cmake:
------------------
[ 30%] Built target fc
Scanning dependencies of target gw_miner
[ 30%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/gw_miner.dir/getwork_miner.cpp.o
[ 31%] Building CXX object CMakeFiles/gw_miner.dir/momentum.cpp.o
/memcoin/memorycoin_miner/momentum.cpp:22:96: error: uint256 has not been declared
  void static SHA512Filler(char *mainMemoryPsuedoRandomData, int threadNumber, int totalThreads,uint256 midHash, char* isComplete){
                                                                                                ^
/memcoin/memorycoin_miner/momentum.cpp: In function void aesSearch(char*, int, int, char*, std::vector<std::pair<unsigned int, unsigned int> >*):
/memcoin/memorycoin_miner/momentum.cpp:67:44: error: GetArg was not declared in this scope
   unsigned int useEVP = GetArg("-useevp", 1);
                                            ^
/memcoin/memorycoin_miner/momentum.cpp:72:38: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions [-Wsign-compare]
   for(uint32_t k=startLoc;k<startLoc+searchNumber;k++){
                                      ^
/memcoin/memorycoin_miner/momentum.cpp:59:13: warning: unused variable mainMemoryPsuedoRandomData32 [-Wunused-variable]
   uint32_t* mainMemoryPsuedoRandomData32 = (uint32_t*)mainMemoryPsuedoRandomData;
             ^
/memcoin/memorycoin_miner/momentum.cpp: In function void waitForAllThreadsToComplete(char*, int):
/memcoin/memorycoin_miner/momentum.cpp:152:18: error: MilliSleep was not declared in this scope
    MilliSleep(100);
                  ^
compilation terminated due to -fmax-errors=3.
make[2]: *** [CMakeFiles/gw_miner.dir/momentum.cpp.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [CMakeFiles/gw_miner.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Offline radiumsoup

• View Profile
sweet - I forked that privately to try my hand at editing it (lol!), but looking at C makes my eyes go all fuzzy. I'll check it out in a few minutes - have to wake up first.

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
I've forked the Coyote miner so that we can have a single repository with the changes required to mod it for MemoryCoin -

https://github.com/memorycoin/coyote_miner

I'm a bit hamstrung because I can't compile it, but let me know any errors with the code compilation errors and I should be able to fix.

Offline hayer

• View Profile
Hi,
Can you give me  a test ?

Currently I run miner on LInux.

Thanks.

« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 06:36:45 am by hayer »

Offline radiumsoup

• View Profile
anyone with a (linux) getwork miner? anyone at all? (preferably callable by "miner_executable hostname.of.pool:port username.worker password")

:\

/so very badly now wish I had read that C book someone gave me in 1995.
//hell, I'll settle for a compiled Windows client complete with a trojan at this point.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2013, 02:18:33 am by radiumsoup »

Offline KillerByte

• View Profile
OK, thats it. I am just going to make my own pool miner and hopefully it does not go to waste.

Offline radiumsoup

• View Profile
Is this pool for real? I am also developing one.
Yes. I'm quite close. Just need a standalone miner that can do the reference getwork protocol for memorycoins.