Author Topic: Cryptosmith is looking for beta testing customers (US only)  (Read 5840 times)

Offline ebit

• Committee member
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: ebit
The backed bitgold is low level.
Digital currencies: A gold standard for bitcoin
http://www.gata.org/node/15346
telegram:ebit521
https://weibo.com/ebiter

Offline onceuponatime

BitGold article on GATA (not our bitGOLD!):

Digital currencies: A gold standard for bitcoin

http://www.gata.org/node/15346

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
this is the first cryptosmith thread i found so sorry about bumping a month old thread.

I don't know if this is feasible, if not, pardon my ignorance, but would it be possible to brand the BitShares logo on the silver/gold? I don't know if that's too far fetched or if it could even hurt adoption since people could not like seeing it there, but either way, it's still gold/silver. That way you would literally have bitgold and it would be nice to have the bitshares logo stamped on it i guess. just some random thought

btw, do you think it would make sense to make physical bitshares coins? theoretically, you could be the source for everyone to buy physical bitAssets. Don't know if this makes much sense as you could have the physical asset yourself but, meh idk, random ideas once again

Is it possible, yes.

Is it economical viable, not really. I purchase the metal through a wholesaler and the metal products come to me finished.  What your suggesting would require the metal to be re smelted.

I mean I love the idea and I think it would be cool as hell but unless I had a very very large order I just don't know how I could make it work.

Thanks for your interest.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
this is the first cryptosmith thread i found so sorry about bumping a month old thread.

I don't know if this is feasible, if not, pardon my ignorance, but would it be possible to brand the BitShares logo on the silver/gold? I don't know if that's too far fetched or if it could even hurt adoption since people could not like seeing it there, but either way, it's still gold/silver. That way you would literally have bitgold and it would be nice to have the bitshares logo stamped on it i guess. just some random thought

btw, do you think it would make sense to make physical bitshares coins? theoretically, you could be the source for everyone to buy physical bitAssets. Don't know if this makes much sense as you could have the physical asset yourself but, meh idk, random ideas once again
« Last Edit: May 06, 2015, 07:35:52 pm by Akado »
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
actualy, that is a good idea.and i have a question, how did you prove that is not copy gold and silver.u know that is "GOLD" and "INTERNATIONAL"....so can you make some promise or something?........

I would like to answer your question but I am not sure I understand.

Are you asking how do I prove that the gold and silver I have is real?

Offline x0ep

• View Profile
actualy, that is a good idea.and i have a question, how did you prove that is not copy gold and silver.u know that is "GOLD" and "INTERNATIONAL"....so can you make some promise or something?........

TurkeyLeg

Cryptosmith http://cryptosmith.info/index.php would like to start outside testing by accepting a limited number of customers before a launch to the general public.

Couple of things to keep in mind.

-Bitsilver and Bitgold are currently the only accepted forms of payment. Their are other options listed but you will be kicked back to the start page if trying to pay in anything other then Bitsilver and Bitgold.

-All packages are shipped USPS tacked,insured and signature confirmation required. I am thinking of allowing tracked but not insured, no signature confirmation so that users can save on shipping cost's, please feel free to weigh in with your opinion on this.

-After a successful launch here in the US I will begin working to allow international orders.

If you are interested in purchasing physical gold and or silver in any amount please PM me thanks.

Voted sir!

Offline jsidhu

• View Profile
Maybe add something about your business on your contact page like this: https://www.bitt.com/contact

Thanks I will look into that. At first glance it seems they accept Bitcoin. We at Cryptosmith do not accept Bitcoin nor do we have any plans to in the future. 

I would be interested in talking to them and explaining the advantages of a MPA's over Bitcoin.

you do not have to accept it directly, but maybe bitshares checkout can be made to work with bitcoin by selling it via metaexchange to the asset you like tow ork with... this would allow any merchant to become an onramp to bitshares.
Hired by blockchain | Developer
delegate: dev.sidhujag

Offline fuzzy

The first real adoption for BTA in the US .
 +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5%
Out of here btswildpig. You are from China! :O
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
The first real adoption for BTA in the US .
 +5% +5% +5% +5% +5% +5%
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
-After a successful launch here in the US I will begin working to allow international orders.

Would this not give our Chinese friends direct market access to precious metals bypassing tariffs associated with the yuan? :o :o :o :o  How competitive are these prices compared to other shops for the international folk?

The prices at Cryptosmith are comparable to that of Amagi metals who accept Bitcoin.

The biggest cost is shipping and within that cost insurance. Ideally I would like to purchase a shipping module that allows customers to compare rates from fedex,usps,and ups. This would allow each user to make the choice that's best for them.

I would ask that if people like the service to take a moment and vote https://bitsharesblocks.com/delegate/votes?name=delegate.verbaltech. This delegate will help provide a marketing budget,server costs, module's,llc fees, po box fees. 

Offline yellowecho

Would this not give our Chinese friends direct market access to precious metals bypassing tariffs associated with the yuan? :o :o :o :o  How competitive are these prices compared to other shops for the international folk?
696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline alt

• View Profile
  • BitShares: baozi

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
The address, llc, and registration num gives me a way to track them down in case they disappear with my funds.

Ahh sorry I miss understood what your meaning was. I thought you were referring to us accepting Bitcoin :) .

To address some of your concerns which are completely valid. I won't be posting a address because I am holding gold and silver and don't particularly want the location to be broadcast. Even when buying the gold and silver it is shipped from different locations and the companies name is not on the box.

The llc. has been applied for and I am waiting on the government to issue my EIN number.

I would be willing to post pictures of the inventory.

I would also suggest that with any new service the buyer exercise caution, but I hope that my long standing relationship will help lend credibility to the service.     

« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 01:00:32 am by Gentso1 »

Offline jamesc

The address, llc, and registration num gives me a way to track them down in case they disappear with my funds.