Author Topic: Walkthrough videos you would you like to see  (Read 3207 times)

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

Of all those ones the only one that is evergreen is the tour of the blockchain and DEX which is targeted at new users.

All the other ones are going to be obsolete inside of a month or two with a few updates... all the links pointing to them useless... UNLESS you are offering to continue to update these videos.. then that is a different story. Do you intend to do so?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline Chronos

Good news: hangout is scheduled! 11AM EST on Friday (tomorrow), after the main hangout with Bytemaster.

I'll let Fuzzy post any other relevant details, if needed.

Talk to you then!

Offline Chronos

Just a remark: for the coldwallet tutorial (if you decide to do one eventually) .. please also add an howto for voting with a voting key .. I will prepare a script for this too when I get the time ..
Hopefully, the process of setting up a voting key will become a bit easier by the time of the recording, haha!

I'd like to see an indepth video on shorting. how to do it and some strategies behind it.
An in-depth video on shorting is a terrific idea.

First of all, it's a really good idea to make such comprehensive videos for bitshares as you did for peercoin.
Thank you!

I'd suggest making a video on how to vote and how the whole voting mechanism works.

Also, it's not obvious why you should bother to vote on non-delegates. As far as I know the answer is that this way you can support voting slates.
Anyway, all those voting issues need a good video tutorial and it would be really great if we had one.
I completely agree. Voting slates should have been included in the OP poll.

Have you thought about becoming BitShares Chronos?
That sounds interesting. I've never been a blockchain before.  :o

Seriously, though, the plan would be for Chronos Crypto to produce Bitshares videos as its own entity. The YouTube channel itself will continue to have a broader scope than any single crypto currency.

1. What Bitshares is and how to use the Client (it needs a step by step explanation imo)
2. Decentralized Exchange - what it is and why its important
3. Voting - How and why its important.

Just my 2 cents. I think they need to be short'ish, concise easy to understand.
Good priorities, and I agree about concise videos, too. That's something that we learned from the Intro to Peercoin video: it's good to get all the info out there, but smaller bites makes it more digestible.

If [Buying and Securing your BTS Cold Storage] is exampling how to buy BTS on different exchanges, then that would be useful to prevent any hurdle there might be for those new to crypto-currency. The cold storage element of that then less important.
Good thought. Cold storage is really a different topic than How to Buy.

I think it would be a good idea to make a delegate hangout with you.
Replied. Looks like a delegate hangout will happen! *thumbs up*

Thank you, all, for the excellent feedback so far!

Offline davidpbrown

If [Buying and Securing your BTS Cold Storage] is exampling how to buy BTS on different exchanges, then that would be useful to prevent any hurdle there might be for those new to crypto-currency. The cold storage element of that then less important.
Hm .. I would prefer telling people how to get bitUSD and only let people trade for BTS from within the BitShares DEX .. but just my opninion

sure.. put them along side each other and tease about why the DEX is better but obviously it's not all about what we want.. it's about making easy what others want and getting them to action their first purchase.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Hm .. I would prefer telling people how to get bitUSD and only let people trade for BTS from within the BitShares DEX .. but just my opninion

Offline davidpbrown

฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline nz

• View Profile

Good idea.

1. What Bitshares is and how to use the Client (it needs a step by step explanation imo)
2. Decentralized Exchange - what it is and why its important
3. Voting - How and why its important.

Just my 2 cents. I think they need to be short'ish, concise easy to understand.
"There is no subtler, no surer means of overturning the existing basis of society than to debauch the currency. The process engages all the hidden forces of economic law on the side of destruction, and does it in a manner which not one man in a million is able to diagnose"

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
Have you thought about becoming BitShares Chronos?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
2. Then go to each of your accounts and actually perform the vote by sending your funds to yourself
It took me some effort to understand this so I guess for most beginners this might be quite difficult to grasp.

you vote with each normal tx too. to my understanding it's not necessary to perform the vote command. only if you want to vote asap.

jakub

First of all, it's a really good idea to make such comprehensive videos for bitshares as you did for peercoin.

I'd suggest making a video on how to vote and how the whole voting mechanism works.

It is very far from obvious that in order to vote you need to take two steps:
1. Toggle approval/disapproval for the delegates you like/don't like
2. Then go to each of your accounts and actually perform the vote by sending your funds to yourself
It took me some effort to understand this so I guess for most beginners this might be quite difficult to grasp.

Also, it's not obvious why you should bother to vote on non-delegates. As far as I know the answer is that this way you can support voting slates.
Anyway, all those voting issues need a good video tutorial and it would be really great if we had one.

Offline fav

• No Pain, No Gain
    • View Profile
    • Follow Me!
  • BitShares: fav
I'd like to see an indepth video on shorting. how to do it and some strategies behind it.

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Just a remark: for the coldwallet tutorial (if you decide to do one eventually) .. please also add an howto for voting with a voting key .. I will prepare a script for this too when I get the time ..
In the meantime you may want to familiarize yourself with it: https://github.com/BitShares/bitshares/blob/develop/docs/voter-key.md

Offline JA

• View Profile
p.m'ed you

I think it would be a good idea to make a delegate hangout with you.

Offline Ander

• View Profile
  • BitShares: Ander
Getting started with the Client and the Decentralized Exchange are the two most important imo.  Get Bitshares running for people, and then get them trading.
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Chronos

Based on the feedback from the Delegate idea: Chronos Crypto Videos thread, we know that walkthrough videos are critical to bringing mainstream users to the Bitshares ecosystem. Having the ability to watch someone else take the plunge with the wallet software will significant reduce the "fear factor" for new users.

Although we have a smattering of walkthroughs around the web, there is not yet a "one-stop shop" for videos covering each major piece of functionality in the ecosystem. I hope to put forward a delegate proposal to change that.

See the poll above. What area do you think should be the first focus?

Thanks for your feedback!