Author Topic: Operation: There's Literally Money In The Streets, Ya'll!  (Read 1193 times)

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
I was hoping Checkcoin would be the best GPS coin, but it crashed into oblivion.

Apparently there is a new one now called GEOcoin. Maybe if we partner with them. I am sure they would be interested, as they are currently at a measly $50k market cap.

http://geocoin.cash/
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=923995

Any ideas for how we could integrate with them, how we could propose an alliance? Perhaps we can argue that they need bitAssets, and that they can use our platform (DACx?) to crowd-fund further developments.

Just a thought
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 01:17:32 pm by CLains »

Offline davidpbrown

I don't know why OP didn't suggest bitGOLD as that seems the obvious choice.. put a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow and set it as a prize for some puzzle or challenge and kick up a media storm around it.
฿://1CBxm54Ah5hiYxiUtD7JGYRXykT5Z6ZuMc

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
If I recall correctly, something like this exists already for bitcoin as an android app .. work a look ..

Offline yellowecho

Why can't we make "money drops" a literal concept?
A delegate (or individual for UIAs) could literally "drop" bitUSD, bitEUR, bitCNY in the streets of major cities.  A geocaching-style GPS-driven augmented reality-type game could be made so if a mobile app is within proximity of "dropped" bitUSD then it would be picked up automatically.  There would literally be money in the streets.  I mean.. why wouldn't someone want to play? 

It seems totally do-able, fun, and highly marketable.  In fact, it could even be marketed as an alternative to coupons for business owners since they could drop redeemable UIAs at the doors of their establishments.  To elaborate even further, a DAC like Peertracks could utilize it for dropping ArtistCoins at a venue on a particular night. 

IMO crypto is lacking interaction with the physical world.. it doesn't feel real to people.. so why not turn that weakness into a strength?  There could literally be gold lined streets funded by a faucet and all it would require for people is a download.

:P

696c6f766562726f776e696573