Author Topic: Staff Meeting Notes - Monday, March 31, 2015  (Read 6479 times)

Offline speedy

• View Profile
  • BitShares: speedy
James has become a migrant developer while moving to north Florida this week.  He’s been working on adding market orders to his web-hosted wallet with the ability to buy and sell.  A pre-release version will be available for testing this week.  Valentine has been adding GUI updates and is continuing to hunt down bugs for his wallet. 

Really looking forward to seeing the GUI updates and trading from the web-hosted wallet :)

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Thanks for the update. Notable absence  Toast ?!

I think that Toast is still working with the Peertacks developers.
From a photo from texas conference that showed toast together with the peertracks guys I would come to the same conclusion 8)

Offline x0ep

• View Profile

Offline onceuponatime

I think that Toast is still working with the Peertacks developers.

Offline oco101

• View Profile

Offline btswildpig

• View Profile
Can you include everyone's last name? So hard to know who is whom. Who is Ben? Who is James?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ben is the one formerly known as "DR.LTC" , now TheoreticalBTS .
James = James Calfee , the programmer working on the web wallet .
Nathan = Nathan Hourt

Chinese translation for this note is on http://www.bts.hk/bitshares-staff-meeting-2.html .
中文版在这里看 http://www.bts.hk/bitshares-staff-meeting-2.html
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 05:27:45 pm by btswildpig »
这个是私人账号,表达的一切言论均不代表任何团队和任何人。This is my personal account , anything I said with this account will be my opinion alone and has nothing to do with any group.

Offline mitao

• View Profile
Can you include everyone's last name? So hard to know who is whom. Who is Ben? Who is James?

Offline xeroc

• Board Moderator
  • ChainSquad GmbH
    • View Profile
    • ChainSquad GmbH
  • BitShares: xeroc
  • GitHub: xeroc
Vikram is working on the issues behind the dip to 80% delegate participation.
I saw sub-70% .. good to see @vikram fixing it!!

I hereby take full credit for everything good that
happens.  Remember, you didn’t hear about it here first.
I lol'ed :P

Adam got back from Norway with a big smile on his face.  I’ll let him tell you
about it in a separate report.
Yes please!!!!!

The Bitscape Peer to Peer road trip rolls into town on Thursday.  They should
be collecting a lot of developer interviews for you and eating pizza at a
Virginia Tech meetup Adam is throwing in their honor.
How can i sponsor a pizza for you guys?

Offline carpet ride

• View Profile
+5%

All opinions are my own. Anything said on this forum does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation between myself and anyone else.
Check out my blog: http://CertainAssets.com
Buy the ticket, take the ride.

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline wuyanren

• View Profile
 +5%stan ,You are the best +5%

Offline cusknee

• View Profile
  • BitShares: cusknee
Thanks for all the news. These reports are much needed and appreciated.

Offline Stan

• You need to think BIGGER, Pinky...
    • View Profile
    • Cryptonomex
  • BitShares: Stan
Staff Meeting Notes

Here is a summary of Monday’s developer staff meeting. Hopefully this will give everyone more time to get Fuzzy your questions where he can organize them rather than trying to respond to Bytemaster's opening statement in real time.

James has become a migrant developer while moving to north Florida this week.  He’s been working on adding market orders to his web-hosted wallet with the ability to buy and sell.  A pre-release version will be available for testing this week.  Valentine has been adding GUI updates and is continuing to hunt down bugs for his wallet. 

Vikram is working on the issues behind the dip to 80% delegate participation.  A new DevShares release is his target this week with advanced user issued asset features enabled.

Nathan got consumed debugging network issues and maintained servers of the chain, light wallet and delegate varieties.  Bytemaster got in lots of his own keyboarding and plenty of whiteboard time with everybody.

Ben invented a Monte Carlo approach for testing the system with random orders and is currently integrating it into development branch.  His goal is to find and fix bugs before they affect network.  If he is successful, you’ll all be wondering what he’s done for us lately.  (How does one take credit for things not happening?)

I’m in the same situation as Ben with Business Development.  We had an amazing week on several fronts but it will be other people who get tell you about it in the fullness of time.  I hereby take full credit for everything good that happens.  Remember, you didn’t hear about it here first.

Adam got back from Norway with a big smile on his face.  I’ll let him tell you about it in a separate report.

Dan (Notestein) and Eric have been updating the BlockTrades.us API and backend engine to support registered users. They also added support for easy buying and selling of NOTES assets (for Peertracks Music DAC) on BlockTrades.us and had their first few sales of that asset. Dan spent some time further refining their algorithm for minimizing conversion and transmission costs in their planned distributed payment network architecture.  On the BitShares side of things, they helped roll out the windows and Linux binaries for version 0.8.1 in the earlier part of the week, and assisted with the forking problems associated with that release (fix required resynching on clients that didn't switch to 0.8.1 before the hard fork). They've also been reporting various issues we've found to the other devs as they encounter them, since they heavily use both the GUI and command-line clients as part of our development of BlockTrades.

The Bitscape Peer to Peer road trip rolls into town on Thursday.  They should be collecting a lot of developer interviews for you and eating pizza at a Virginia Tech meetup Adam is throwing in their honor.

Please send Fuzzy your questions for Bytemaster on Friday.
Anything said on these forums does not constitute an intent to create a legal obligation or contract of any kind.   These are merely my opinions which I reserve the right to change at any time.