Author Topic: Is the Bitcoin SE site ready to truly embrace other cryptos?  (Read 1023 times)

Offline lovejoy

• View Profile
    • Cryptofresh
  • BitShares: lovejoy
 +5%

"Officially allowing questions related to other currencies while discriminating against them prevents future SE sites from building their own communities."

Well said!  Thanks for putting this out there, for the benefit of all.

Offline indolering

• View Profile
When the Bitcoin SE site first launched, I argued that the name should be changed to make it neutral to all cryptocurrencies.  But at the time, other currencies amounted to Namecoin and pump-and-dump scams like Dogecoin.

With BitShares and other distinct currencies that focus on solving fundamentally different problems, the argument that Bitcoin is the only "serious" cryptocurrency doesn't make sense.  The future is going to be filled with new currencies, and I think the site should embrace that reality or narrow it's focus and focus on Bitcoin exclusively. 

So I posted in Meta, challenging them to take this on before the site leaves beta status. You can't vote or comment unless you are an existing member with enough karma and please don't spam the answers.  But I would appreciate thoughtful commentary and discussion : )