Author Topic: Needed: Report on the Texas Bitcoin Conference  (Read 4578 times)

Offline sittingduck

• View Profile
This is why I stopped going to conferences.  They are expensive and mostly vendors talking to vendors.  Same people every time. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I was there. The crowd wasn't really that large at all, and I am referring to the conference as a whole, not just the Peertracks presentation. There may have been 150 people in the audience at the time, but that would be a generous estimation.

There was a good presentation and brief demo of the Moonstone wallet/app. One of the issues I had with the conference is that many of the presentations, including this one, were limited to about 20 minutes, including any Q&A, for which there was not time after their talk. This wasn't a very good venue at all to talk about their product at length; and although I got a chance to talk to Eddie and the gang afterward, I don't know how much traction Peertracks got at all.

Well thanks for sharing that info. That is the most of an update we have received about the conference. Did they have anything new to share at the conference? I don't really care if they are off schedule and things are taking longer to launch than expected. Totally used to that. Just would like to know how that went since this was hyped as a release of the MVP

Be nice to get their take on all this.
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Offline ghost_of_the_internet

• View Profile
I was there. The crowd wasn't really that large at all, and I am referring to the conference as a whole, not just the Peertracks presentation. There may have been 150 people in the audience at the time, but that would be a generous estimation.

There was a good presentation and brief demo of the Moonstone wallet/app. One of the issues I had with the conference is that many of the presentations, including this one, were limited to about 20 minutes, including any Q&A, for which there was not time after their talk. This wasn't a very good venue at all to talk about their product at length; and although I got a chance to talk to Eddie and the gang afterward, I don't know how much traction Peertracks got at all.

Well thanks for sharing that info. That is the most of an update we have received about the conference. Did they have anything new to share at the conference? I don't really care if they are off schedule and things are taking longer to launch than expected. Totally used to that. Just would like to know how that went since this was hyped as a release of the MVP

Offline joereform

• View Profile
They are just to busy working on this.

"You will no doubt realize that this is bigger than music, bigger than Bitcoin, this will affect every aspect of our world. The future is VERY bright."

They have a lot of work to do

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
Sounds like he's "warning" us the presentation didn't go well based on the body language in that single picture.

Baseless speculation imo, but an official post would be quite nice.

Poor body language, but it could also be just one shot out of context - someone could have just asked a challenging question that the team had to first think about...or they could be in an empty room doing a dry run

BUT...some feedback from the PeerTracks team would be nice....
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline .yoshi

• View Profile
Sounds like he's "warning" us the presentation didn't go well based on the body language in that single picture.

Baseless speculation imo, but an official post would be quite nice.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 08:37:26 pm by .yoshi »

Offline Marky0001

• View Profile

Body language is saying something.

Ps. Before I get bashed again, I'm just trying to warn you guys.

You want to warn us? From what?

Offline joele

• View Profile
Cob should wear hat to complete his outfit.

• View Profile
Could it just be that he is nervous and not used to presenting to large crowds?
« Last Edit: April 02, 2015, 11:27:08 pm by ghost_of_the_internet »

Offline graffenwalder

Body language is saying something.

Ps. Before I get bashed again, I'm just trying to warn you guys.

Offline sschechter

• View Profile
BTSX: sschechter
PTS: PvBUyPrDRkJLVXZfvWjdudRtQgv1Fcy5Qe

Offline clayop

• View Profile
    • Bitshares Korea
  • BitShares: clayop
Bitshares Korea - http://www.bitshares.kr
Vote for me and see Korean Bitshares community grows
delegate-clayop

Offline onceuponatime

Peertracks is losing a valuable opportunity for momentum by remaining so silent after the Texas Bitcoin Conference. A Report of the presentation is badly needed.