Author Topic: Beyond Bitcoin (BTS) Hangout w/ Bytemaster @ 10AM EST Friday  (Read 2350 times)

Offline mike623317

• View Profile
i just had the opportunity to listen to this.

I really liked hearing BMs opinion and strategy going forward. In my opinion i think he is absolutely correct that the best way forward is to future proof bitshares so that it is best placed for adoption and is scalable.

Good job devs  +5% +5%

My 2 cents.

Offline Thom

Should have thought to ask about this, but too many other issues were already on the agenda. Unfortunately none of the participants in that thread, which include xeroc & svk could answer.

This is a tech question about this thread (https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=15218.msg198843#msg198843) and why we have a forking problem in DPoS since block signing is not a competition, but rather a round robin, "signer-token" algorithm where only one delegate is designated as the official block signer at a time.
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere - MLK |  Verbaltech2 Witness Reports: https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php/topic,23902.0.html

Offline chewchew

• View Profile
48 of the standard hours? The ones with 60 minutes each?

Offline fuzzy

Any estimate on when it'll be posted to soundcloud?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The avarage time is 24 hrs after the hangout.

It's hard to estimate it precisely because every hangout is different and has different audio quality to fix.

I like to say give it up to 48 hours because sometimes life gets in the way, but generally aj is really good at pumping these things out.  On another important note, there is a clipping  sound aj has been telling us about and we need to figure out a way to fix it because it is taking aj about 4x the time it could if he didn't have to edit out the clipping  sounds every 3-4 seconds.  If any audiophile out there has suggestions I'm open to them on this point.
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline JA

• View Profile

The avarage time is 24 hrs after the hangout.

It's hard to estimate it precisely because every hangout is different and has different audio quality to fix.

Offline yellowecho

696c6f766562726f776e696573

Offline fuzzy

As always, our hangout was amazing.  This community is truly one of the hidden gems of crypto and I look forward to seriously changing the world for the betterment of all mankind with all of you.  A solute to all of you--especially Bytemaster, who has the difficult position of helping coax the full decentralization out of BitShares and all-the-while standing up to the scrutiny of all interested stakeholders (all of whom have a slightly different perspective on how to move forward, and very strong inclinations to fight to ensure their vision is realized). 

For as long as BitShares has a community of people like we have have today, I see no way we will fail.  I look forward to trudging through the hard times with each of you.  I look forward to butting heads.  Look forward to pinching my nose through the tough decisions and more than anything, sharing in the taste of Victory...and maybe, if I'm lucky, a Pina Colada on the beach of BitShares Island.  :)

Offline fuzzy

Offline fuzzy

Offline fuzzy

This Hangout is w/ Bytemaster of BitShares SuperDAC

Please ask questions here

Follow the twitter: @Beyond_Bitcoin
Retweet This Week's Hangout [ANN]!

Or better yet--Join us!  For updates on upcoming events, attend, record and report live from our Mumble Server!

« Last Edit: April 16, 2015, 07:28:14 pm by fuzzy »