Author Topic: Most bitshares referrals in March and a bold proposal.  (Read 12115 times)

Offline Empirical1.2

• View Profile
 +5% Well done on your good work  :)

Getting people to use BitAssets as a byproduct of doing something else is a great way to spread them initially. Miners are also one of the few target markets that understand crypto & as the results have so far been good it seems worth taking it to the next level.

The marketing angle of potentially mining real gold with some type of cryptosmith relationship also sounds like marketing 'gold'

If you want to take the island burn the boats

Offline nethyb

• View Profile
  • BitShares: nethyb
Is it possible to make it so mining Gold and Silver is actually cheaper than purchasing it with fiat?

You could if you subsidized it with say delegate pay.

And also if there was an affiliate relationship between minebitshares and cryptosmith.info, say through a referral discount, or maybe even through a coupon

An idea I've just though of... Minebitshares could also issue a minebitshares bitSilver/Gold type UIA to miners along with their bitSilver/Gold payouts... cryptosmith.info could then accept it as a form of coupon providing a discount.

Cryptosmith.info could even be the issuer - so they have trust in control and distribution.

Offline Akado

• View Profile
  • BitShares: akado
I admit that mining real gold and silver sounds pretty interesting. It would definitely give us some free marketing by appearing on a few headlines and articles.  +5%
https://metaexchange.info | Bitcoin<->Altcoin exchange | Instant | Safe | Low spreads

Offline Gentso1

• View Profile
  • BitShares: gentso
Is it possible to make it so mining Gold and Silver is actually cheaper than purchasing it with fiat?

You could if you subsidized it with say delegate pay.

Offline fuzzy

WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline fuzzy

Mark my words...people being able to mine Real Gold and Silver straight to their danged doorstep is the biggest thing that has come to BitShares. In fact an operation like this if done well and sustained (like coinintellect did) would be so earth-shattering that we could really pull off a huge rally that would easily set the stage for a future #2 climb...and who knows after big names get a whiff of this. 
In fact, I think this proposal would be a guaranteed win if instead of just using a total of 3 delegates for each side, we use even more (at least for the first couple months).  Maybe even have 3-4 delegates set aside for every bitAsset to ensure they are all stupidly profitable to mine. 

There is only one thing miners care about---profitability.  And once they have their real Gold and Silver, they are unlikely to sell it for Bitcoin.  What's more...Shanghai's PM Exchange at this link coming online and the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is getting even U.S. Allies to sign on and far more to read up on here, we are looking for one hell of a brushfire we could be setting worldwide.  We currently have plenty of 100% delegate positions to make them foam at the mouth...so let's make them rabid with desire for bitAssets--but Gold and Silver are going to be money again people.  Dang.  We are watching the end game imho.  If you see the players on these lists (Germany namely at present) and the current applicants (even Israel is on it!), Crypto-mining real gold and silver gets very enticing.

And mining real Gold and PM's to your doorstep is about as sexy as it gets (especially if we anonymize transactions somehow).
« Last Edit: April 06, 2015, 11:54:02 am by fuzzy »
WhaleShares==DKP; BitShares is our Community! 
ShareBits and WhaleShares = Love :D

Offline Ben Mason

• Integrity & Innovation, powered by Bitshares
    • View Profile
  • BitShares: benjojo

Offline onceuponatime

I'm ready to see this get ramped up to industrial strength!

Offline JA

• View Profile
hang in there buddy.

there may be something going to start help you out soon and bring the mining game to a new level.

Offline nethyb

• View Profile
I would like to bring in updated affiliate stats. (your screenshot seems outdated by 2 months)

Out of all the testing I have did, I came to the conclusion that creating fancy funnels and paying for traffic turned out to be very expensive at the stage of the game. It's too much education that most people don't want to go through. But in mining, they have an incentive to create an account and maybe use bitusd to store their value.

His chart is up to date just toggled for last month. I agree with the conclusion, brute force ain't going to cut it, at least not before a stupid simple 3-step install and beautiful GUI is out. The operation outlined here is huge though. It would be great to have some proper marketing analysis before we get 4 100% delegates on this thing. How many miners are there? Could we do surveys to see what they think?

I done some quick research and analysis a while ago in the older delegate threads...

"Note : I've done some research on estimating the 4000 users and 40+BTC. I believe that by removing the pool fee and now your bonus, ensuring minebitshares is the most profitable multi-pool for miners there is no reason why the pool could not attract at least 2,000 users from multipool.us and/or coinking.io and generate 40BTC daily in BitAsset payouts.  It would be very reasonable to assume these 2000 users would at least tell one of their mining buddies about the pool/BitShares/BitAssets etc."

Offline nethyb

• View Profile
How much would you need from delegate?

As mentioned above...

● Multiple 100% delegates are used to top up the pool mining earnings to ensure the pools ARE the most profitable. (At least 3 per team would be required initially providing $2,300 p/month, as BTS price rises this could be reduced to 2 delegates)

So whoever takes on running the pool, would need three 100% delegates at todays prices...

Offline CLains

• View Profile
  • BitShares: clains
I would like to bring in updated affiliate stats. (your screenshot seems outdated by 2 months)

Out of all the testing I have did, I came to the conclusion that creating fancy funnels and paying for traffic turned out to be very expensive at the stage of the game. It's too much education that most people don't want to go through. But in mining, they have an incentive to create an account and maybe use bitusd to store their value.

His chart is up to date just toggled for last month. I agree with the conclusion, brute force ain't going to cut it, at least not before a stupid simple 3-step install and beautiful GUI is out. The operation outlined here is huge though. It would be great to have some proper marketing analysis before we get 4 100% delegates on this thing. How many miners are there? Could we do surveys to see what they think?

Offline nethyb

• View Profile
I think this is a fantastic project and have enjoyed mining this pool for a long time.  +5%

I have an interest in taking over this project actually.. I think it could be a good fit for the bunker data center.

I'd be happy to work with an eastern counterpart, but if none step up thats ok.. we can grow our way out there. :)

Am I recalling correctly that there were plans to support sha-256 mining as well? Or is there some challenge to this preventing that?

Bunker mining sounds great - and your VPS facilities will work well for a 'west' operation...  +5%

I'll PM you with some details so you can ask a lot of questions  etc...

Ohh, and adding SHA-256 support to the pool is trivial - add your SHA-256 coins and enable the profit-switching port - But your time to manage the pool  goes up by 50% to support 3 algo's rather than 2 ;D
« Last Edit: April 04, 2015, 02:48:07 pm by nethyb »

Offline JA

• View Profile

Offline BunkerChainLabs-DataSecurityNode

I think this is a fantastic project and have enjoyed mining this pool for a long time.  +5%

I have an interest in taking over this project actually.. I think it could be a good fit for the bunker data center.

I'd be happy to work with an eastern counterpart, but if none step up thats ok.. we can grow our way out there. :)

Am I recalling correctly that there were plans to support sha-256 mining as well? Or is there some challenge to this preventing that?
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
www.Peerplays.com | Decentralized Gaming Built with Graphene - Now with BookiePro and Sweeps!
+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+