Author Topic: PS4 / XBox One  (Read 3185 times)

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
Hate to spoil the party, but both consoles have 8-core AMD running at 1.6GHz onboard, nothing special about it (save for SoC package and the price).

So maybe we'd see 2 hpm. Console mining is very attractive not so much for raw power, but for wide distribution because the hardware is so standard. A single disc should work for every console of its type and is particularly easy for users to run. I'm guessing the consoles run at low energy levels too - so could be a great source of efficient mining for the network.
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline reorder

• View Profile
Hate to spoil the party, but both consoles have 8-core AMD running at 1.6GHz onboard, nothing special about it (save for SoC package and the price).

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
Maybe some bounty to boost this quest? :)

I don't think it is possible yet - usually need to wait for a while before you can run linux on new consoles.  ;D
“People should be more sophisticated? How are you gonna get that done?” - Jerry Seinfeld reply to Bill Maher

Offline belltown

• View Profile
I just got Xbox One. Can't wait to mine MemoryCoin on it:) Also Microsoft says each xbox comes with something like 5x cpu power in the cloud. So theoretically we can mine both at home and in the cloud.
How I've earned 0.088 BTC for making few forum posts on LetsTalkBitcoin - https://bitsharestalk.org/index.php?topic=6684

Offline pvaladares

• View Profile
Maybe some bounty to boost this quest? :)
PTS : PkbJAm9uxuGgC9n2NVwWYs8bvX3Mj8uAg3 | MMC : M91vp33SSVBG7N3X9CbrgMcwSBxTDQeDAb
BTC : 1CrAkkYZrVCnwDKSBw3bcnMSYMakEhfB6N
Trade BTC/PTS @ cryptsy.com

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
I'm a Apple Developer and have Access to a iPhone 5s. I'll Test this :)

Well be careful not to do any damage to your device - pretty sure they're not designed for 100% cpu usage over a long period of time.

Offline Montaxx

• View Profile
I'm a Apple Developer and have Access to a iPhone 5s. I'll Test this :)

Offline FreeTrade

• View Profile
I believe both of these new consoles support AES-NI - they might make excellent mining machines one day.

http://crypto.stackexchange.com/questions/12325/game-traffic-encryption-aes-ctr-hmac
>Another plus for AES-GCM is that if the architecture supports the AES-NI instruction set, encryption will be blazing fast. High-end PC CPUs, the Xbox One, PS4, and the iPhone 5S all support AES-NI,